what can i expect? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > what can i expect?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yeah my next weapon would have been a colt 1911, always wanted one. But...I gotta buy another Beretta 92 to fill that void. when I look at the empty box it just tears me to pieces. Almost like a death in the family. I went to my local gun store today right after filing the report w/ the officer. I asked if I could pay to just run the check-didnt happen for me. I would like to know for sure to save the embarasment of being turned down. I looked on some sites to see if i could check myself. Seems I would need that FFL to do so. Well thanks again for the input.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #12

Thanks so much again everyone.

Last edited by jason32; 06-27-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:06 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Jason, I have a question. Where exactly was the gun when she got pulled over?

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-27-2010, 03:11 AM   #14

Likes Given: 13

Well your sorta caught here, you cant really push it any further now as you have filed a false police report. had you not done that i would have gone above the local law enforcement after the first call and contacted the local field office for the ATF.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
Jason, I have a question. Where exactly was the gun when she got pulled over?
it was holstered in the pocket behind the passenger seat.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhill View Post
Well your sorta caught here, you cant really push it any further now as you have filed a false police report. had you not done that i would have gone above the local law enforcement after the first call and contacted the local field office for the ATF.
yeah kinda funny, i had to lie to the police about something they did.

Anyhow, like I said that cop could have arrested her for knowing that gun was there. I figure he did do her a favor by not...and ultimately it's my bad for leaving it there to begin with. I was just paranoid that somehow this could ruin my gun rights. But I am almost positive it won't. I was ignorant about how the whole serial number thing worked until a couple days ago. I thought that when a cop ran the number, my name just popped up.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I wonder how many weapons this guy has picked up so cheap.
Or how many a wife who don't like guns tossed in the drink and said a cop took it.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason32 View Post
A completely legal spot for a gun where I'm from.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2864 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Assuming this story is legit, there is a way to find the serial number. The agency can request the BATF search the records for the gun. When a FFL dealer goes out of business, their 4473 forms go to ATF for safekeeping. The actual documents are held indefinately. They will need the full name of the purchaser, the store name and address, the weapon description and an approximate month and year of purchase. They will actually look through the paper forms and find the information.

Speak to the Officer/Detective about requesting a "trace" of the gun with ATF.

I do not see the Theft report as "false". Theft is taking property belonging to another with the intent of depriving the lawful owner of the property. Once again assuming this is a legit story, the officer commited Theft. In Texas, Theft of a Firearm is a Felony. Theft by a Public Servant is also a Felony. IF this is a bad cop, he needs to be brought to justice.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason32 View Post
As I do not know the Fl laws, is this a legal place to have your firearm in your vehicle?

If so, as Robo said, reporting as stolen should be no factor in following up with other agencys.
I would contact the State Police and file a report with them.
Unless there is more to the story, you still have options. I personaly would not sit back and let anyone steal a firearm from me, especialally some who is sworn to uphold the law.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson