Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What bs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default What bs

Was just checking out some videos on YouTube and I stumbled on this. I'm not sure how old it is or if anyone has seen it but it is complete bs that this has happened.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Yeah its old news from katrina. There was a lot of confiscating and people being forced out of their homes. The military was ordered to confiscate weapons for no reason.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #3

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

This happened during hurricane Katrina. Yes it's true. You don't like this? Maybe you ought to because this is a glimpse of the future unless something happens to put a stop to taking freedom away from us as citzens.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Control: First, confiscate all the guns; Second, shoot everyone who protests.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #5

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

downloadfile-137.jpeg

downloadfile-47.jpg

downloadfile-60.jpeg

downloadfile.jpg

downloadfile-20.jpg

forumrunner_20120418_162326.jpg

524258_421318367895718_110312852329606_1545259_1007076212_n.jpg

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8315 Times on 3595 Posts
Likes Given: 1279

In April 2006, NOLA offered to return 700 guns IF they owners could prove that they owned them. Kinda hard to come up with a receipt if your house was under water. NRA sued. Results here:

NRA, New Orleans to settle Katrina lawsuit
October 9, 2008

NEW ORLEANS _ City officials have agreed to return hundreds of firearms that police officers confiscated in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, part of a deal to resolve a lawsuit filed by gun lobbying groups.

After a three-year legal battle over the confiscation of lawfully owned firearms, the City of New Orleans has agreed to settle a lawsuit by the National Rifle Association (NRA) and the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF). Police department spokesman Bob Young said the city has stored 552 guns that were confiscated after Katrina, which hit New Orleans Aug. 29, 2005.

Said Wayne LaPierre, NRA’s executive vice president, “We fought for three long years in a fundamental legal challenge to assert the inherent self-defense rights for law-abiding citizens, knowing the Constitution would prevail.”

Judge Carl J. Barbier presided over the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. Judge Barbier signed the permanent injunction against the City of New Orleans. The city admitted the firearm confiscations carried out by Mayor Ray Nagin and Police Chief Warren Riley were unconstitutional and illegal.

Under the terms of the injunction, Nagin, Riley and any agents or employees of the City of New Orleans shall:

•Cease and desist confiscating lawfully-possessed firearms from all citizens;
•Make an aggressive attempt to return any and all firearms which may have been confiscated during the period August 29 to December 31, 2005;
•Within one month of the settlement, post on the city website the procedure for the return of confiscated firearms. This notice must include an interactive form for those claiming firearms to fill out, resulting in timely transmission of the information to the appropriate official. All other information on claiming a firearm will also be included on the site.
•Within one month of the settlement, the city must mail notices to all individuals who are identified on the property tags of firearms in the city's possession which were confiscated during the aftermath of Katrina.

Was this a load of crap by NOLA? Damn skippy it was. Are there guns that they took that have never been returned? Yup. Think it could not happen to you? Better check your state laws and see where you stand.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #7

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

I just realized how long ago it was I just saw NRA and clicked it.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I saw this video a while ago, too, and have wondered what I would do in the same situation with no forewarning. With 10 heavily armed and armored men kicking in my door, would I OK corral it? Certainly not. The only chance you would have is if the news got out well ahead of time and you got together with a large number of friends to make a unified stand. With enough muzzles pointing back they might back down. Or they might come back 30 minutes later with a tank and level your place. What a terrible decision they made in doing this, but they suffered no consequences so I am sure they would do it again.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

What you would have to do is hope for someone like my buddy who was down there in charge of troops. He was given the order to go door to door and confiscate all (including legally owned) weapons. He refused to do so or pass on the order regardless of the consequences. This country needs more people like him that will run into trouble to help others and stand up for what this country is supposed to be about. He is a true soldier and patriot and will always have my respect.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #10

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
What you would have to do is hope for someone like my buddy who was down there in charge of troops. He was given the order to go door to door and confiscate all (including legally owned) weapons. He refused to do so or pass on the order regardless of the consequences. This country needs more people like him that will run into trouble to help others and stand up for what this country is supposed to be about. He is a true soldier and patriot and will always have my respect.
I hope you put some money on the books for him. Seriously, did he suffer any consequences?

NEVER FORGET