Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Were people REQUIRED to stay inside?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1374

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Come on down to JoCo.. We still have some true rural areas left!
You got a Saturday night gathering place/watering hole where some live music can be heard?

Old 04-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #22

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760

You got a Saturday night gathering place/watering hole where some live music can be heard?
Plan B bar...! Is where I if'n I go out

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #23
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8052

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGlockOrGoHome View Post
Mh thought was if "hey I have a CCW. And I want to go for a walk. Or maybe I want to go out and find the MFer myself!"...
Just what the situation needed. An armed citizen walking the street looking to shoot who he thought might be the Bad Guy. Would you stop and interrogate before you shot or just shoot someone who you thought might be him?
People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #24

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
the govt cannot force you to stay in your home or flee your home in cases of emergency.

in such a situation you will likely be questioned as to what your doing and asked to return home to help reduce the ammount of people being put in danger. but they cannot force you. they CAN keep you out of an active crime scene or arrest you for interfering with police investigation if your wanderings lead you into a conflict with what the police are doing searching for a suspect like that.

if your intent is to strap a camera to your chest and be beligerant and insist on being an @ss walking up and down the sidewalk in front of a place that is thought o be habited by a mass murderer, your going to jail and im going to laugh at you for being stupid and making it harder to catch the perp.
once they label this as TERRORISM and The Patriot Act comes into play with all the amendments-

YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS OR SAY IN ANYTHING
Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #25

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Hey all - crazy events for us in Boston this week....while this lockdown was recommended anybody foolish enough to not heed the advice of law enforcement would have been arrested & charged with disorderly if they chose to "push back."...... fortunately, common sense prevailed and most Bostonians respected the lockdown & chose to stay home & ensure loved ones & property were taken care of.....BOSTON STRONG

Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #26
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1353 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
I don't know if they can't force you. Here in NJ during super storm Sandy there were towns that had mandatory curfews for all private citizens.

We have "mandatory" evacuations all the time here in FL during hurricanes but nobody actually forces anybody to evacuate. If you want to ride out the storm in a local bar and take your chances, that's your perogative. The word "mandatory" is only used so the local government can cover its legal ass in case you're injured or die in the storm (i.e. earthquake, volcano, tsunami, terrorist lockdown etc). Your next of kin can't sue because you were ordered to evacuate.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #27
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2208 Times on 1104 Posts
Likes Given: 1133

My thoughts are I agree with Jon M, Chain and many of you. As stated first of all, the home owner that saw blood on his boat and the cut tie down was an Idiot! Not to mention the guy has had bombs, weapons, killed citizens and police officers. And the homeowner sees it knowing what is going on, gets a ladder out of his garage and props it up against the side of the boat, no doubt making noise and climbed up pulled the tarp back and peeked in! He is "D" lucky to be alive to tell the story! And I understand why Boston authorities wanted everyone to stay in place. Regardless of what some would think it proved to be a stroke of genius! The reason they did it is because they did not want a large amount of people in any one place offering another soft target for the slaughter. And obviously with all the weapons and additional bombs they had it was surely possible. Also by cutting down mass transportation they limited his movement and the ability to blend in and have transit escape possibilities or once again to attack innocent people. Also by having most people hold up he would be easier to notice and identify when he moved around. I am as patriotic as you get and supportive of our rights. But what they asked was a small favor and a temporary price to pay to capture a ruthless murdered with weapons and bombs! Not the normal criminal activity by any means! Hats off to the authorities in this case. It was a very successful conclusion to a horrific occurrence! Too many lost their lives and limbs the way it was.
I only wish I could say it was the last but unfortunately I think NOT! With the Canadian arrests of today it is unfortunately the beginning of a new era in North America!
God Bless the victims, their families and the USA! We are going to need it!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 843 Times on 514 Posts
Likes Given: 331

If this has already been posted, apologies.

If true, this ends all debate about the climate of the effective, thorough, and applaudable efforts of at least some of the LEO's in that neighborhood.

Oh, the horror!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5176 Times on 2953 Posts
Likes Given: 4394

Out here in my part of the country, the only thing the local/state will enforce is the road closing.

During a bad blizzard, if the police say "no non-emergency traffic" on the street, you can get a ticket for joy riding. Most folks strongly support that.,

Why get snow plow drivers, cops, firefighters etc injured or killed trying to rescue idiots from snow drifts?

Golda Meier.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 843 Times on 514 Posts
Likes Given: 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex
If this has already been posted, apologies.

If true, this ends all debate about the climate of the effective, thorough, and applaudable efforts of at least some of the LEO's in that neighborhood.

Oh, the horror!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Closed Thread