Were people REQUIRED to stay inside? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Were people REQUIRED to stay inside?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1885 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 2128

What part don't you understand. You were given good advice, you chose not too. Me, my self and I along with Ben, would have been watching my yard for the purp............And he would have been shot and hopefully not killed.............If you wake me up in the middle of the nite, you will have a confrontation on your hands. 00 buck, and I'll deal with the rest later........I don't give a rats arse who you are.................Do like the cops and law enforcement, shoot first and lie later......................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 04-21-2013, 10:07 PM   #12

Liked 1459 Times on 884 Posts
Likes Given: 338

A little off subject, but about the guy who discovered #2 in the boat.....

If I knew that some explosive armed terrorist was roaming about my neighborhood, I will be damned if I had gone out to the bloody boat and lifted the tarp.....It is a wonder he didn't get a face full of lead or blown into the next neighborhood.

What do you reckon he thought all of the vest wearing cops were there for?

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Sniper03 Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 956 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
A little off subject, but about the guy who discovered #2 in the boat.....

If I knew that some explosive armed terrorist was roaming about my neighborhood, I will be damned if I had gone out to the bloody boat and lifted the tarp.....It is a wonder he didn't get a face full of lead or blown into the next neighborhood.

What do you reckon he thought all of the vest wearing cops were there for?
I believe everyone's starting point and take on this may differ...
I do not live in that terrain or neighborhood type, so my thoughts around a discovery in my backyard would not be as relevant and I assume the homeowner was unarmed.

He obviously was curious...
and if he was not, the kid would have expired in that boat.

By the time the there was police presence my neighborhood to that extreme, I would be in family protection mode and a little weighted down!
Really don't think it would get to that point here as even the occasional errant vehicle is noticed.

But given the exact set of circumstances I would not raise the boat cover...no desire to die with this creep!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 04-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1539

One thing I am curious about were any shots fired at this guy while he was in the boat or did the LEO's just surround it at a safe distance and announce "Hey a&&hole we know you are in the boat so you might as well surrender" and then wait for him to give it up?

OT as a second thought, if they had shot up the boat or the badder blew up himself and the boat, who the heck would pay for the poor homeowners boat and other damage done to his place? I'm pretty sure most insurance doesn't have a "blown up by terrorists or shot up by LEO's in the line of duty" rider.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 04-21-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #15

Liked 718 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
It was only a request.
The major media said-
"Residents were TOLD to stay inside"
"Residents were then ALLOWED to leave their homes"
TwitterBoston Police Dept. @Boston_Police
#CommunityAlert - Large police presence in Watertown. For safety of all involved, residents asked to stay indoors.
The Boston Police Department continued issuing warnings to residents early Friday morning to stay indoors and not answer doors unless to identified officers.
“We’re asking people not to go outside. We’re asking people not to go to mass transit,” an official said in a televised briefing.
"The situation is grave... we need your help" - police appeal to #Boston residents to stay indoors
BREAKING: Police are locking down neighbourhoods in a 20-block area of #Boston as they hunt for the 2nd suspect in the marathon bombings.
Friday, April 19, 2013 6:12:41 AM
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick tells all of Boston to stay indoors as massive manhunt continues
NBCNews: City on lockdown
MassGovernor Boston, If you are in your home & need services, contact local officials! They will assist you
The local TV Boston station said the police are beginning to get heavy handed about the order to stay home.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Mh thought was if "hey I have a CCW. And I want to go for a walk. Or maybe I want to go out and find the MFer myself!"...

Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5739 Times on 3248 Posts
Likes Given: 5174

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGlockOrGoHome View Post
Mh thought was if "hey I have a CCW. And I want to go for a walk. Or maybe I want to go out and find the MFer myself!"...

The cops were having a hard enough time already. Why put a bunch of armed citizens in civilian clothing out on the streets??

Having a "right" to so something does not excuse me from the need to exercise reasonable judgement and responsibility in the way I use that "right."

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGlockOrGoHome View Post
well it's quite possible you would be arrested for hindering an active police investigation.

also while they are trying to determine who you are and wasting valuable time dealing with you, is time that could have been spent searching for the real suspect.

real intelligent thinking on your part.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #19

Liked 696 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1453

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
There are smaller towns in rural communities where folks would have been sitting by the front window with a rifle waiting for some pipe bomb throwing clown to come down the street. They wouldn't need to be protected.
... and where all the LEO's know you, your kids, your parents... hell, maybe even your Grandparents. THAT'S the type of community I'm looking to retire back to in the next 10-15 years.... because it sure ain't the "metro" Raleigh/Durham area anymore!!

Old 04-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #20

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760
... and where all the LEO's know you, your kids, your parents... hell, maybe even your Grandparents. THAT'S the type of community I'm looking to retire back to in the next 10-15 years.... because it sure ain't the "metro" Raleigh/Durham area anymore!!
Come on down to JoCo.. We still have some true rural areas left!

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Closed Thread