Well warning shots are apparently legal atleast in florida
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Well warning shots are apparently legal atleast in florida

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Default Well warning shots are apparently legal atleast in florida

Unexpected guest leads to fight, shots fired inside beachside home

About 12:30 p.m., Connor said the homeowner entered his house and discovered that a 44-year-old acquaintance was unexpectedly inside. Both men started arguing, and a fight broke out.

The homeowner fired two shots into the ceiling to scare the other man off, Connor said.
Detectives determined the gunfire was justifiable because the homeowner was defending himself. The homeowner declined to press charges against the other man, Connor said.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20120923/CRIME/120923009/Unexpected-guest-leads-fight-shots-fired-inside-beachside-home

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

As long as the warning shots do not pose a threat to anyone, they are.

Do not trying in an apartment building or outside in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
Unexpected guest leads to fight, shots fired inside beachside home

About 12:30 p.m., Connor said the homeowner entered his house and discovered that a 44-year-old acquaintance was unexpectedly inside. Both men started arguing, and a fight broke out.

The homeowner fired two shots into the ceiling to scare the other man off, Connor said.
Detectives determined the gunfire was justifiable because the homeowner was defending himself. The homeowner declined to press charges against the other man, Connor said.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20120923/CRIME/120923009/Unexpected-guest-leads-fight-shots-fired-inside-beachside-home
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 09-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Who shoots a hole in their own roof?

I can see putting a round through the carpet and into the crawl space, but a roof leak is going to cost thousands in repairs if not addressed immediately and before Hurricane season.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5692 Times on 3217 Posts
Likes Given: 5086

I don't believe in warning shots.

Winston Churchill

Old 09-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

Now you know that Florida never has Hurricanes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Who shoots a hole in their own roof?

I can see putting a round through the carpet and into the crawl space, but a roof leak is going to cost thousands in repairs if not addressed immediately and before Hurricane season.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 09-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I don't believe in warning shots.
A warning shot right between the eyes is OK....
Old 09-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #7

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
A warning shot right between the eyes is OK....
So much for the warning

Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #8

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Wait a minute...the guy fears for his life sufficiently enough to draw a gun and put 2 rounds through his ceiling then refuses to press charges? WTF?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #9

Liked 45 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Wait a minute...the guy fears for his life sufficiently enough to draw a gun and put 2 rounds through his ceiling then refuses to press charges? WTF?
He didn't press charges for two reasons.
He feels like he over reacted by pulling and then fireing a gun in a response to a fight.
The second is he doesnt have the balls. Same reason he put two rounds in the ceiling instead of in the BG's chest.
Just my .02

Old 09-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #10

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Don't think warning shots are all good. if you are in the wrong place or circumstance you will be in a heap of trouble . Moreover, getting a CCP or renewing a CCP will be a nightmare.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/