Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Well regulated militias the answer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 252 Times on 172 Posts

If we form a FTF Militia there may be some type of obama handouts available being that we would be a minority group. Obamacare can pay for my guns and ammo....hmmmmm

Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #12

Liked 3684 Times on 1817 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

I tend to view the modern militia just as I view our Colonial ancestors...

All able bodied men capable of supplying there own arms and ammunition, and ready to muster at a moments notice.

Think War of 1812 when British War Ships closed on Boston and Red Coats marched on Washington. They were met by a mix of US Army Forces which were flanked by militia who answered the call to National Defense.

Nothing has changed...had tha Japanese attempted to invade CA, OR, or WA, they would have been met by a similar mixture of forcing consisting of the States National Guard and responding resident with there own rifles.

The notion that "we the people" would pick up arms to defend ourselves and our communities is what scares the left in this country because they know there views are not mainstream and they know a certain percentage of us would use force to defend the Constitution...from any threat, regardless of the uniform worn by that oppressor.

This is why disarming us first, is a mandatory prerequisite to there ultimate objectives. It's also why we've seen 70 years of trickle down regulation rather that any attempt to fail swoop the 2nd Ammendment.

Our adversaries know that our number are more than a match of law enforcement and the National Guard. They know that a cart blanch attempt to breach our liberty through an outright ban would result in full scale revolt...and they know that at last half of the police officers and Guardsman would resign before violating there oathes and committing suicide by taking on a gurilla force of 60,000,000 American gun owners.

Even if only 10% resisted your talking about corralling a 6,000,000 man force of what basically amounts to sleeper cells. Guys who do not communicate, can't be tracked, and can't be identified until they act...and then it's too late.

Those who would comprise the 10% would be the fittest and best trained amongst us and they would find support and safehaven in every part of the country.

The only way our enemies succeed is if we let them wear us down year after year, restriction after restriction.

I for one say NO MORE. I wil not abide any further restriction upon my birthright. I will not surrender my property. And I will not surrender my liberty without a fight.

While I have ZERO desire to fight or harm anyone...this is not my choice. It is the choice of the Government and the men who derive there pay from it who will decide whether or not we continue to live in peace...or not...

... I suppose it's always been that way.

Tack

Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

All able bodied men capable of supplying there own arms and ammunition, and ready to muster at a moments notice.

Think War of 1812 when British War Ships closed on Boston and Red Coats marched on Washington. They were met by a mix of US Army Forces which were flanked by militia who answered the call to National Defense.

Nothing has changed...had tha Japanese attempted to invade CA, OR, or WA, they would have been met by a similar mixture of forcing consisting of the States National Guard and responding resident with there own rifles.

The notion that "we the people" would pick up arms to defend ourselves and our communities is what scares the left in this country because they know there views are not mainstream and they know a certain percentage of us would use force to defend the Constitution...from any threat, regardless of the uniform worn by that oppressor.

This is why disarming us first, is a mandatory prerequisite to there ultimate objectives. It's also why we've seen 70 years of trickle down regulation rather that any attempt to fail swoop the 2nd Ammendment.

Our adversaries know that our number are more than a match of law enforcement and the National Guard. They know that a cart blanch attempt to breach our liberty through an outright ban would result in full scale revolt...and they know that at last half of the police officers and Guardsman would resign before violating there oathes and committing suicide by taking on a gurilla force of 60,000,000 American gun owners.

Even if only 10% resisted your talking about corralling a 6,000,000 man force of what basically amounts to sleeper cells. Guys who do not communicate, can't be tracked, and can't be identified until they act...and then it's too late.

Those who would comprise the 10% would be the fittest and best trained amongst us and they would find support and safehaven in every part of the country.

The only way our enemies succeed is if we let them wear us down year after year, restriction after restriction.

I for one say NO MORE. I wil not abide any further restriction upon my birthright. I will not surrender my property. And I will not surrender my liberty without a fight.

While I have ZERO desire to fight or harm anyone...this is not my choice. It is the choice of the Government and the men who derive there pay from it who will decide whether or not we continue to live in peace...or not...

Tack
i will call you boss... will you lead us into a better America?.... seriously

Old 12-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #14

Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

good point Tackleberry!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #15

Liked 608 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Well spoken as usual Tack!

Old 12-20-2012, 01:18 AM   #16

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Consider this me pressing the "like" button Tack

Old 12-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #17

Liked 972 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
and i have very much the same feelings. no matter the cost, i will fight for what i believe. i've done it before, and it looks as though i may have to do it again at some point.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Militia act of 1792, it states all males ages 18-45 are required to ready themselves for military service. I take that as an invitation to arm myself as I see fit.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:36 AM   #19
62 gr Fusion

Liked 190 Times on 127 Posts

The problem is many will try to stand alone in their homes. I for one have told my parents, if I hear that confiscation is coming, literally, I am packing up and bugging out. I will find as many people that will stand with me as I can, we will pick a location. Then we will fortify.

One person alone stands no chance. Power is in numbers. I will stand with any of you.

Tack. I will follow you anyday.

As said in Braveheart, they can take my life but never my freedom.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:45 AM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk
The problem is many will try to stand alone in their homes. I for one have told my parents, if I hear that confiscation is coming, literally, I am packing up and bugging out. I will find as many people that will stand with me as I can, we will pick a location. Then we will fortify.

One person alone stands no chance. Power is in numbers. I will stand with any of you.

Tack. I will follow you anyday.

As said in Braveheart, they can take my life but never my freedom.
Truer words are yet to be spoken. I will gladly lift up rifle pike or saber I defense of my home, my family, or my freedoms. My family's dine it twice before, no man ever stands alone.