We'll get the heat - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > We'll get the heat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

I personally do not partake in the "gaming" culture and detest "first person shooter games"... but... I'll always defend the right to make them.

1st Amendment... Just as important as the 2nd... Even if the American Media disagrees.

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #22
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 18,008
Liked 10550 Times on 4556 Posts
Likes Given: 1692

Default

DUDE! You ARE talking about an industry that has made piles of $$$ from Grand Theft Auto !!!

How much civic responsibility do you think they have?



Expect they will have a "Baby Seal Hunt" game on the market any day. Players can upgrade from a club to a harpoon to a nuclear weapon.


__________________
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 03-26-2013 at 09:24 PM.
c3shooter is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mybigguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 85
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
That is one of the most irresponsible things I've ever heard. What are those nitwits thinking about? They ought to be drummed out of business and run out of town. Good Lord....
I've been called liberal and anti-gun around here for thinking like that.

I find it very interesting that many on the left AND right don't think that adults shouldn't accept personal responsibility for their actions (or inaction for that matter).
mybigguns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
DUDE! You ARE talking about an industry that has made piles of $$$ from Grand Theft Auto !!!

How much civic responsibility do you think they have?



Expect they will have a "Baby Seal Hunt" game on the market any day. Players can upgrade from a club to a harpoon to a nuclear weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecPeSmF_ikc
Well, you can hunt sharks, manta rays, and sea turtles with everything from a bow, to machine guns and grenades in Far Cry 3. No baby seals though.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rick1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Clifton,Colorado
Posts: 4,516
Liked 2143 Times on 1175 Posts
Likes Given: 1390

Default

Wow. I feel like I am under a dog pile. I did not state that they should not have the right to do it. I meant that they should have chosen not to do it. That is why I said they do everything in poor taste.

As far as games messing people up...I have stated before that I am a gamer. I believe that evil people do evil things. Video games do not turn good people into evil people.

Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should. I was raised as a gentleman. We did not cuss in front of a lady. Stuff like that. There were things you simply didn't do. Perhaps that is a big part of what is wrong with the world today. The cops are working overtime because on one has the decency to police themselves.

I do not think the 1st ammendment is stupid. I simply meant that I would be too ashamed of myself to make excuses for those actions.
__________________
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Rick1967 is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocshaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KanOkla
Posts: 3,279
Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybigguns View Post

I've been called liberal and anti-gun around here for thinking like that.

I find it very interesting that many on the left AND right don't think that adults shouldn't accept personal responsibility for their actions (or inaction for that matter).
Well I'm about as far from the left as you can get, just think this is extremely poor taste, right or left as you say.
rocshaman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #27
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 3,405
Liked 2344 Times on 1427 Posts
Likes Given: 12838

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
See, I don't believe it should be a law. I think we have plenty of laws. Maybe a law that you can't use a REAL place as a model?...maybe I can live with that.
Thanks Trip. That is essentially what I mean. If they wish to use a real place, I would suggest a local or federal "Kill House" or other training area used by the military as a basis for said level. Modeling a game level after a school or airport in the post 9\11, Aurora, Sandy Hook, etc. world is going to far IMHO.
__________________
Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.
kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kaido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,760
Liked 358 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

Thanks Trip. That is essentially what I mean. If they wish to use a real place, I would suggest a local or federal "Kill House" or other training area used by the military as a basis for said level. Modeling a game level after a school or airport in the post 9\11, Aurora, Sandy Hook, etc. world is going to far IMHO.
As much as I agree with you here, your idea will sooner or later become useless. If someone modelled a level off of a military base, others would claim it was inappropriate because the FT.Hood incident.

As much as I absolutely hate to admit this, sooner or later every type of building is going to have had some sort of event happen in/to it. That will make mapping a game off any real world building or area just as, if not more, controversial then this one.

There's also the fact that so many buildings are out there and so many more are being built that soon Jim is going to creat a game, think he has a unique building for it, but then Bob is going to say it looks like ________ thus isn't appropriate. It's almost like a lose lose kind of thing.

But now I've got a question......if this person still made a level that was still a school, but not based off of an already existing one, would as many people still be upset about him doing so?
kaido is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

Garadex. I myself would place it on a slightly different level. There are NICS background checks on firearms, so there is a system of checks and balances that, in theory, make it harder for those who should not own or use a firearm to get one legally. Is this system flawed? Yes, but it does exist. It does not work simply because criminals, and the mentally unbalanced don't buy in a legal manner. Those checks, can protect the manufacturer, and the retailer from civil suits.

The only thing between impressionable Little Johnny, and the glorified violence of media is a rating system, and his parents. A large part of the solution? Better parenting. Another solution, take a good long look at what the first amendment really covers, and what it should not cover.

Under the first amendment, a Preacher could choose to preach to his congregation on any sidewalk in America, even at 02:30 on the sidewalk in front of your house. Why can he not do it? Noise ordinance laws. I Certainly do not want to step on his 1A, but what about my right to a good night's sleep?

For it to be equal to the example you pointed out, there would have to be a background check system on PS3s, X-Boxes, and Wiis, as well as their games. Also, don't forget the home PCs, laptops, Tablets, Smart Phones, etc. It would be very interesting, if the survivors of Aurora CO decided to sue the shooter's University, his psychologist, the manufacturer of his PC, but, you and I both know that will never happen. I myself feel that the problems with society should be fixed at home, but some of the other forms of influence need to be more regulated. Just MHO, yours may differ, but that is the beauty of this country. We can both agree to disagree.
Although we disagree a bit I do agree that society should be fixed at home.
__________________
I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.
Garadex is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ruger22lr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 452
Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK97 View Post
I think it was called No Russian I skipped it.
Yup No Russian I remember that one. But meh to me it's just a video game now should it of been unarmed civilians? No.
Ruger22lr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Heat without electric or gas Jim1611 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 68 04-20-2012 01:48 AM
the heat of battle ? Tailypoe Training & Safety 125 08-17-2011 02:32 PM
jb weld and heat montveil Gunsmithing Forum 9 02-19-2011 01:56 PM
Turn up the Heat! willshoum The Club House 15 05-29-2010 05:16 AM
Canned Heat! Samhain General Handgun Discussion 2 03-10-2008 03:20 AM



Newest Threads