We'll get the heat
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > We'll get the heat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default We'll get the heat

I'm sure that we (gun owners) will take the heat for this, even though it has nothing to do with us.
Controversy erupted after an unidentified developer created a digital reproduction of a real high school, Port Moody Secondary School in Port Moody, Canada, for the violent first-person shooter game Counter-Strike. The popular video game allows users to create customized scenes and share the “maps” with others. In this customization, the shooter wanders the school shooting military opponents.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/real-high-school-campus-depicted-204611547.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #2

Liked 1838 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Why to video game producers do everything is such poor taste? I remember when MW2 did the scene in the airport terminal. I heard that you were supposed to shoot inocent people in that part of the game.

The more I think about this the more messed up it is. I was thinking that nobody would use a video game to plan an attack. Then I remembered how the 911 attackers used flight simulators to practice for their attack. Do video game people feel no resonsibility for anything? I am sure they will claim freedom of speech or something stupid like that.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

That is one of the most irresponsible things I've ever heard. What are those nitwits thinking about? They ought to be drummed out of business and run out of town. Good Lord....

Old 03-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #4

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Why to video game producers do everything is such poor taste? I remember when MW2 did the scene in the airport terminal. I heard that you were supposed to shoot inocent people in that part of the game.
I've played that game, and remember that mission vividly. It was disturbing. After just a short moment of blazing away with the machine gun (I believe it was an M60), I quit and just followed the other NPCs (non playable characters) throughout the rest of the mission, until the emergency services arrived and started shooting back.

I also did not see at all where that mission was advancing the plot of the game.

Terrible choice in a supporting scene/role.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

It's a video game. We make movies about Vietnam and the takedown of Osama and the assassination of past presidents, hell there is a movie comming out in which America falls and the Whitehouse is destroyed. Nobody cries about that sh!t.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Ruger22lr Likes This 
Old 03-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #6

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
Then I remembered how the 911 attackers used flight simulators to practice for their attack. Do video game people feel no resonsibility for anything? .
Seriously? This is the same logic as saying gunmakers should feel guilty about a shooting with their guns. The game developer made it for entertainment they had no intention of it ever being used to hurt people. I agree that the scene in MW3 was way inappropriate and shouldn't have been in the game, but there are movies with things like this and very few people complain about it.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7126 Times on 3899 Posts
Likes Given: 14433

We, of all people, should get behind anyone expressing their first amendment rights. You can disagree with the content, but respect their right to express it.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 03-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
We, of all people, should get behind anyone expressing their first amendment rights. You can disagree with the content, but respect their right to express it.
I'm not saying they can't do it, I'm just saying a game that has you shooting up a high school is in extremely poor taste and totally unnecessary.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #9

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I don't think anyone is arguing so much on the morality of the issue, as much as how much flak the gun community may get for it.

Well never mind...

Old 03-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #10

Liked 286 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967

The more I think about this the more messed up it is. I was thinking that nobody would use a video game to plan an attack. Then I remembered how the 911 attackers used flight simulators to practice for their attack. Do video game people feel no resonsibility for anything? I am sure they will claim freedom of speech or something stupid like that.
I think it was called No Russian I skipped it.

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red