Weird self defense shooting in Detroit
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Weird self defense shooting in Detroit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Weird self defense shooting in Detroit

Detroit Shootout Leaves Father Dead, Teens Injured - Video - WDIV Detroit

Two guys went into a liquor store to buy condoms. A third guy was in there, and I guess they all started talking and at some point it was about the girls they were about to have sex with.

The third guy walks outside and see's it is his 14 y/o daughter and her friend the guys are about to have sex with. He gets mad and pulls out his gun and starts shooting (btw the dad is out on parole and as such, is not to suppose to even touch a gun, yet he is carrying one around. Goes to show you how useless gun laws are at keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, heres his MDOC rap sheet Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) - Offender Profile).

Well his aim must've been horrible, because he accidently shoots his daughter and daughters friend. One of the guys pulls out his gun and shoots the dad in the chest, killing him. Police are not charging the guy with murder, but still on weapons charges (this is insane, a man defends his life, but still commits a crime because he didn't have big brother governments permission to do so!!!).

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sorry, This POS was going to have sex with a 14 year old!!! If you want sympathy you can find it in a dictionary between sh*t and syphilis. Both were douches and are not examples of good gun ownership.

Scubie

Old 05-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #3

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Yeah I have to agree with Dzscubie, this situation makes us all look like

goons. This is the kind of "Wild West" crap the media has a heyday with.

Responsible gun owners don't need the negative press, especially now.

Even though it's a perfect example of proper ownership vs criminal, and

justified defense vs. irresponsible criminal behavior, it's the kind of thing

which opens a can of worms and creates bad will with an otherwise

benevolent non gun using public.

The next question which will inevitably pop up is who had been drinking,

how much, etc.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

You say Detroit, I say Galápagos.

charles-darwin.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Sorry, This POS was going to have sex with a 14 year old!!! If you want sympathy you can find it in a dictionary between sh*t and syphilis. Both were douches and are not examples of good gun ownership.

Scubie
IMO there was a better way to handle this. I mean look at the results, the two girls are in the hospital and the father is dead. Looking at it from an objective point of view, the guys did have the right to defend their lives. Also, I think the guys were 18 or 19 themselves. Dont get me started on what I think of statuatory laws...three words: femininsm hate & men.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #6

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
You say Detroit, I say Galápagos.
C'mon Cane, you really miss up there don't you?

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #7

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I would be willing to bet that dad never gave it a thought that those punks might also be armed. Too late now.

I spent many years in and around Detroit and unfortunately this is the way of life there in most cases.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
I would be willing to bet that dad never gave it a thought that those punks might also be armed. Too late now.

I spent many years in and around Detroit and unfortunately this is the way of life there in most cases.

Yeah...in Detroit, you have to assume every man if armed. Even if they aren't you just have to assume.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

FWIW... Newscast said a single .22 shot to the chest did him in...

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Old 05-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #10

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
Also, I think the guys were 18 or 19 themselves. Dont get me started on what I think of statuatory laws...three words: femininsm hate & men.
So are you suggesting that it is ok for 18/19yo males to engage in sex with a 14yo? Please explain

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD