Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Weed wars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Whens is the last time you saw or read of the Miller man having a shoot out with the Budweiser man!?!?

Whens the last time you saw or read of the camel man beheading the marlboro man.

Think about with an open mind for more than 30 seconds and you will see that the argument i pose is NOT "ridiculous".

The second point fails on the face of it. De-criminalizing a substance will have 0 effect on cost of living. Printing MONEY drives up inflation. Ins. companies are going to drive up costs no matter what......its what they do!

Third point...you really need to stop drinking the Govts koolaide
You keep talking about opening your mind yet you fail to see the most obvious.

We're not dealing w/ large corporations. We're dealing w/ criminals who openly slay cops and federal agents on a daily basis. Read the world news or talk to someone who has lived on the boarder as I have.

When I referenced cost of living I was talking about the increased cost of insurance. You have insurance on yourself and vehicle correct? Well both will more than likely go up. If you don't think so you have no idea of profit driven big business.

I don't want my cost of living to go up because some system abusing weed head wants to sit around and get high because his/her day was sooooo stressful.

You need to get off the pipe or put down the rolling papers as you're obviously high or maybe just blind.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #22
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
You keep talking about opening your mind yet you fail to see the most obvious.

We're not dealing w/ large corporations. We're dealing w/ criminals who openly slay cops and federal agents on a daily basis. Read the world news or talk to someone who has lived on the boarder as I have.

When I referenced cost of living I was talking about the increased cost of insurance. You have insurance on yourself and vehicle correct? Well both will more than likely go up. If you don't think so you have no idea of profit driven big business.

I don't want my cost of living to go up because some system abusing weed head wants to sit around and get high because his/her day was sooooo stressful.

You need to get off the pipe or put down the rolling papers as you're obviously high or maybe just blind.
First off, i dont use ANYTHING. I dont even like tylenol! I drink a few beers, thats it.

But i do know some pretty highly functioning stoners. A couple own very succesful businesses.

We already have laws on the books against operating under the influence of anything...this includes legal scripts. So this argument fails.

Do a little study of AMERICAN history and you can find this little thing, a failed policy, known as PROHIBITION. When you find that little thing and study it a bit. No matter how hard the feds worked to erradicate booze, they couldnt and what arose was a very powerful syndicate of organized crime. After prohibition was put down, in time, the organized crime syndicates went away. (became legit)

Now go back and read what i wrote about the miller and budweiser men...you will see the truth.

The crime and violence that surrounds the illegal drug trades can be directly linked to the govt and its laws against it. This is a well documented FACT to any willing to spend a little time studying the subject.

Again, you REALLY need to stop drinking the kool-aide.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #23
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1712 Times on 934 Posts
Likes Given: 545

"Do a little study of AMERICAN history and you can find this little thing, a failed policy, known as PROHIBITION. When you find that little thing and study it a bit. No matter how hard the feds worked to erradicate booze, they couldnt and what arose was a very powerful syndicate of organized crime. After prohibition was put down, in time, the organized crime syndicates went away. (became legit)"

The mob did not go legit. Yes they diversified into legit businesses then gutted them, ordered a lot of merchandise which disappeared and went out of business. They moved into gambling, prostitution, unions, banking and drugs. They just got better at hiding their activities. As their kids got better educated they got more sophisticated.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-10-2011, 02:59 AM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
First off, i dont use ANYTHING. I dont even like tylenol! I drink a few beers, thats it.

But i do know some pretty highly functioning stoners. A couple own very succesful businesses.

We already have laws on the books against operating under the influence of anything...this includes legal scripts. So this argument fails.

Do a little study of AMERICAN history and you can find this little thing, a failed policy, known as PROHIBITION. When you find that little thing and study it a bit. No matter how hard the feds worked to erradicate booze, they couldnt and what arose was a very powerful syndicate of organized crime. After prohibition was put down, in time, the organized crime syndicates went away. (became legit)

Now go back and read what i wrote about the miller and budweiser men...you will see the truth.

The crime and violence that surrounds the illegal drug trades can be directly linked to the govt and its laws against it. This is a well documented FACT to any willing to spend a little time studying the subject.

Again, you REALLY need to stop drinking the kool-aide.
All this from the guy who tells people to open their eyes and to read up on American history.

Don't worry about making me a hat you can use the extra tinfoil to make yourself an extra.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #25

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Not true, It does effect everyone. It's like theft, if there wasn't theft prices would be lower. Same thing goes w/ health and vehicle insurance. More people driving under the influence the more risk for the insurance companies which means higher cost for us. You know they won't eat the higher operating costs.

Plus think about all the people that would be eating junk food if weed was legalized . But seriously I feel it would have an effect on health insurance as well.

And you have the issue of motivation. How many overachieving pot heads do you know? People are lazy enough as it is.
Very interesting point made here! My position is clearly highlighted in other threads so I will simply get to the point I want to make.

If making pot illegal was a state issue, then there would obviously be states where insurance costs would perhaps go up where they decriminalized pot. On the other hand, states which continued to keep it illegal shouldn't see a significant change in cost of living.

Think of it like this; how does tobacco and alcohol use effect your insurance (I'm not saying your a user, just posing it hypothetically)? When you get health insurance two of the most basic questions are do you smoke and do you drink. Giving a fraudulent answer is a serious offense in my opinion, and it would simply be a matter of tacking on a question regarding marijuana use. The same goes for car insurance.

I hear tell that many health insurance companies wont accept tobacco use and fewer still wont accept alcohol use. No one says that because a state legalizes pot that these companies have to accept customers that smoke it.

So, lets say that the federal government steps back and leaves this issue up to the states. Your state decriminalizes it but your neighboring state doesn't. You could either A) Move to this other state, or B) Locate insurance companies that wont permit users.

I see the insurance argument as a minor one, although a very interesting and thought provoking one none the less.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 12-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Very interesting point made here! My position is clearly highlighted in other threads so I will simply get to the point I want to make.

If making pot illegal was a state issue, then there would obviously be states where insurance costs would perhaps go up where they decriminalized pot. On the other hand, states which continued to keep it illegal shouldn't see a significant change in cost of living.

Think of it like this; how does tobacco and alcohol use effect your insurance (I'm not saying your a user, just posing it hypothetically)? When you get health insurance two of the most basic questions are do you smoke and do you drink. Giving a fraudulent answer is a serious offense in my opinion, and it would simply be a matter of tacking on a question regarding marijuana use. The same goes for car insurance.

I hear tell that many health insurance companies wont accept tobacco use and fewer still wont accept alcohol use. No one says that because a state legalizes pot that these companies have to accept customers that smoke it.

So, lets say that the federal government steps back and leaves this issue up to the states. Your state decriminalizes it but your neighboring state doesn't. You could either A) Move to this other state, or B) Locate insurance companies that wont permit users.

I see the insurance argument as a minor one, although a very interesting and thought provoking one none the less.
Very good point but why should I have to change my lifestyle or insurance company? Wouldn't having to do either or both effect my individual rights?

The insurance argument may be minor but we're discussing the altering of freedoms because some are crying about theirs. They feel their right to get high is more important than my right to, as you eluded to, live where I want or employ the insurance company of my choice.

Like I said earlier I am a proponent of medical marijuana for extreme health issues. But not so much for the self indulgent, my day was so stressful, system abusing majority.

Why don't we make firearm ownership illegal while we're at it. That's what the Liberal, pot smoking hippies would want isn't it? If we're looking to make them happy might as well go all the way.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 12-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5249 Times on 2738 Posts
Likes Given: 331

Im all for legalizing pot and all other currently illegal drug for adults. If someone is dumb enough to do that stuff they are more liekly to remove themselves from the gene pool.

If the ows crowd was allowed to legaly melt their brains with drugs we wouldnt have to worry about that voting block next election.

Criminals make big money and kill people because there is big money to be made. If something is widely available it removes the profit and the criminals go away.

I think if your using drugs or alcohol you shouldnt be getting assistance checks or ebt cards. In fact before anyone can pick that stuff up for EACH check a drug screen should be performed. No pass no check that month.

Just my opinion.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-10-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #28

Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Quote:
If U.S. weed was legalized, the feds (and states) could help fund these efforts by selling the confiscated cartel weed at a discount to U.S. shops.
That would never work , they dont even sell the guns or most of the cars they seize . The guns they say could be modified or altered and there fore unsafe .
My heart has been broken watching them shred thompsons and one of a kind 1911's .

Quote:
Yes they diversified into legit businesses then gutted them, ordered a lot of merchandise which disappeared and went out of business. They moved into gambling, prostitution, unions, banking and drugs.
You forgot politics

I am on about 20mg of percocet a day with 300mg of some other hardcore stuff . I function just fine while on it , much better than when it wears off and my back starts screaming again . On the other foot I would really hate to see what my liver looks like from taking this $hit everyday . I think pot would be a better alternative for me but , Its effects on me are quite harsh .
If and only if the majority could have some self control and not abuse it then I say go for it . But we all know that would never happen . Say they got rid of the speed limit here in the usa and we could drive like they do on the autobahn . People would go bat$hit crazy and half the american population would be no more .
Americans in general are lossing common sense and self control , we do what ever makes us feel good and that it is our god given right to do so .
Could we actually handle freedom responsibly ? Give an inch and they take a mile ?

I dont ride atv's , trucks or harleys with some folks anymore . Why ? Some like to stop every 10 minutes and smoke pot . It gets old quick and unless im drunk or high I cant stand to be around them and their stupidity .
We got the cops called and got kicked out of Very nice steak house one night b/c my best friend had been drinking all day and i was sober as a nun . I got tired of hearing his mouth shoot off about how he knows how to order a good steak and how his farts dont stink , I had to take him down a notch or two , put him back in his place . Some if not most drunks or stoners CAN NOT BE REASONED WITH . I have a few pot heads with A boat for customers ,I ... CAN NOT .... STAND ... working on their boats . I try to teach them the do's and dont's and they just can not comprehend whats goin on , I even had some get lost in the parking lot trying to drop off their boat , no lie.

We have no one to blame but ourselves for the shape this country is in .
Insurance companies = We want something for free and the doctors want some padding in their pockets = LAZINESS
Stop charging so much for a EFING bandaid to something we can afford to pay out of pocket . We have a doc office here that does not take insurance .
Why ? The cost of hiring people to do all of the proper paper work . = his office visits are like 35.00 = He stays booked = Making a honest and decent living
We have become a nation of selfishness and all we care about is me me me I I I I . We manipulate law , rules , morals , right and wrong to fit our agenda .
Quote:
The lazy man works the hardest
Truer words have never been spoken .
We as a nation have our heads so far up our ass it not even funny anymore .
When we make laws like - No smoking and eateries - No smoking in public parks - But turn around and make ones like taking away the helmet laws - Making it legal to ccw in a effing bar , you cant smoke in a bar but you cant bring your gun . It goes to show we are really screwed up and our compass does not point north anymore .

Im moving to a desert island whos with me ?

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Last edited by MobileMarine; 12-10-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I think if your using drugs or alcohol you shouldnt be getting assistance checks or ebt cards. In fact before anyone can pick that stuff up for EACH check a drug screen should be performed. No pass no check that month.
I am all good with this, but it should be hair testing, rather than urine testing. Things like cocaine, meth, and some of the popularly abused pharmi's clear your urine within a week, while pot lingers much longer. Hair testing gets it all and can detect use for months.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #30

Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Quote:
I am all good with this, but it should be hair testing, rather than urine testing. Things like cocaine, meth, and some of the popularly abused pharmi's clear your urine within a week, while pot lingers much longer. Hair testing gets it all and can detect use for months.
Cost of Hair test vrs piss ?
What states have adopted this policy yet ?
Folks on rocking chair money should also not be able to play the lotto imho .
Sure fire way to make a poor state even poorer , get the poor peeps hopes up of winning the lottery by letting them spend XX.XX$$ each week

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.