Weed wars - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Weed wars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

There are obviously some major benefits for the chronically ill by using marijuana. Just like on the tv show last night, the child suffering from severe epileptic seizures, no prescription medications helped him without having severe side effects. Liquid form of cannabis actually helped him, and he even began making some sounds after using it. Plus none of the side effects of prescription drugs. The issue of crooked doctors is a completely different problem, we have them here in Texas too. I know of a doctor popular with students that will pretty much just hand out Adderral (amphetamine) to anyone who asks. I see handing out a highly addictive narcotic worse than a natural plant, not that Im condoning either.

Aside from that, think about all of the crime that we face ONLY because it is illegal. The violence from drug deals gone bad, theft, murder, assault, the list goes on. Crimes that would not happen if legalization occurred.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

As i have stated in the many previous pot threads, i support federal descheduling/legalization. I think the states should make their own decisions about legalization, allowing people who really feel strongly about it to relocate to a more or less pot-friendly area.

Personally, i have never seen a constitutional basis for the government regulating what i can eat, drink, or smoke. There is a decent amount of support for the idea that big money papermills & newspaper owners pushed to illegalize pot to protect their paper & pulp interests (Hearst) by sensationalizing the effects and linking them to some problems amongst some minority (mostly Mexican) populations.

The worst harm i've ever seen pot do to a pothead is a buddy in college who was weak in math and made weaker/less motivated in math; he took college algebra about six times and finally passed while taking a break from the pot. I do think it has some beneficial effects for some conditions, and i think we would know more about those if it could be further studied, but that can't really happen on a wide scale until it is descheduled at the federal level.

I also think law enforcement has bigger problems to address than pot.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #13

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Again...

You are all about your freedom to carry a gun/hunt/fish etc. and get damn pissy when folks want to step on your toes and try to take away those things that make you happy.

And rightfully so!

But then you jump up with the next breath and impinge on anothers right to "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness".

There are some people out there that, believe it or not, ENJOY getting stoned and playing video games. That is the entire reason for their existence. Wether or not you understand the mind set or condone such actions, you (or the Govt) have NO right to impinge upon their freedom to choose what makes them happy in their life!

**donning fire suit**
I have rules in my house, ya people can come over and drink but I will not allow any one stoned or carrying illegal substances into my home. I don't like to be around people that are high never have, I can deal with certain drunk people (on a rare basis) but I don't tolerate stoners.

Most of the people that I know and knew that are stoners are sad little people that wallow in self pity.

I believe every person should have rules that they live by I'm not perfect but I take care of what I have to and I don't get in trouble, if people want to smoke it I don't care but it is illegal and people do get in trouble for it and I won't be involved with it, I don't agree with it never have never will.

US government be damned, if I had it my way a lot of pills on the market would be illegal, if someone little stonner wants to light up and play videos games let him but if he does it around me or in my house I'll put my foot in his a*s.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Last edited by unclebear; 12-09-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have mixed feelings about legalizing "weed". I watch this show and have for a while now.

My thing is the MAJORITY of these people do not have a serious illness and like mentioned before are the "I had a bad day" users. Now that I strongly disagree w/. These people are abusing the system. There needs to tighter restrictions on who gets a card and who doesn't. If the patient is suffering from a serious illness and getting high is the best solution as determined by a medical professional then by all means.

You will never be able to keep the Cartels out of it when push comes to shove. The argument of legalizing it in order to do away w/ the criminal aspect is ridiculous.

You also need to think about cost of living. Insurance, both health and vehicle, rates will go up. Either out of necessity or if just using the legalization as an excuse.

It's not simply an issue of individual rights when others will be effected.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
You will never be able to keep the Cartels out of it when push comes to shove. The argument of legalizing it in order to do away w/ the criminal aspect is ridiculous.
You don't think that competition from U.S. growers with better product and less transportation costs would hurt cartel profits? I do; the cartels have to get most of their weed across the border illegally and at some cost. Border Patrol wouldn't be making the trip across town harder/more expensive for legal U.S. growers.

The true answer to the cartels is a border lockdown and complete control of what crosses, as well as targeting their stateside growing activities in the national forests. If U.S. weed was legalized, the feds (and states) could help fund these efforts by selling the confiscated cartel weed at a discount to U.S. shops.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #16
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1970 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Pro: All the booze sold has a federal tax stamp. Do the same with pot and they would make lots of money. The cost of the war on weed is staggering. From a fiscal point of view it would be better to legalize it. The stupidity of prohibition proves this premise.
Con: Do we need another intoxicating product on the market. DUI is a major problem with alcohol.

I once drove behind 2 guys that were stoned. You could smell the smoke coming from their car. I have never been caught behind someone driving that slow before or since. Every move was exaggerated. We finally pulled into the parking lot of the store we were headed for. They stopped to read the sales ads. We went in and did our shopping and came out. They were still standing in front of the ads. They were living in slow motion.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #17
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
I have rules in my house, ya people can come over and drink but I will not allow any one stoned or carrying illegal substances into my home. I don't like to be around people that are high never have, I can deal with certain drunk people (on a rare basis) but I don't tolerate stoners.

Most of the people that I know and knew that are stoners are sad little people that wallow in self pity.

I believe every person should have rules that they live by I'm not perfect but I take care of what I have to and I don't get in trouble, if people want to smoke it I don't care but it is illegal and people do get in trouble for it and I won't be involved with it, I don't agree with it never have never will.

US government be damned, if I had it my way a lot of pills on the market would be illegal, if someone little stonner wants to light up and play videos games let him but if he does it around me or in my house I'll put my foot in his a*s.
Yes you DO have the right to having rules in your own home. I agree with this, my friend. But if you can deal with drunk asses and not a stoner tells me you have little experience around stoners, drunks or both. OR the drunks you can deal with YOU are as drunk as they.

Read again my post, THINK and open your mind to more than your little world. Just because YOU like something, or not, does NOT give you, me or the Govt the right to tell anyone what they may or may not ingest.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
You don't think that competition from U.S. growers with better product and less transportation costs would hurt cartel profits? I do; the cartels have to get most of their weed across the border illegally and at some cost. Border Patrol wouldn't be making the trip across town harder/more expensive for legal U.S. growers.

The true answer to the cartels is a border lockdown and complete control of what crosses, as well as targeting their stateside growing activities in the national forests. If U.S. weed was legalized, the feds (and states) could help fund these efforts by selling the confiscated cartel weed at a discount to U.S. shops.
The Cartels know this and will use any means necessary (as they have already proven they are more than willing to do) to not only keep their profits from shrinking but increase their profits, Federal and State law enforcement be damned. They will strong arm these small shops into giving them a cut thus increasing the violence.

The Cartel is similar to the Honey Badger, they just don't give a sh*t.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #19
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I have mixed feelings about legalizing "weed". I watch this show and have for a while now.

My thing is the MAJORITY of these people do not have a serious illness and like mentioned before are the "I had a bad day" users. Now that I strongly disagree w/. These people are abusing the system. There needs to tighter restrictions on who gets a card and who doesn't. If the patient is suffering from a serious illness and getting high is the best solution as determined by a medical professional then by all means.

You also need to think about cost of living. Insurance, both health and vehicle, rates will go up. Either out of necessity or if just using the legalization as an excuse.

It's not simply an issue of individual rights when others will be effected.
Whens is the last time you saw or read of the Miller man having a shoot out with the Budweiser man!?!?

Whens the last time you saw or read of the camel man beheading the marlboro man.

Think about with an open mind for more than 30 seconds and you will see that the argument i pose is NOT "ridiculous".

The second point fails on the face of it. De-criminalizing a substance will have 0 effect on cost of living. Printing MONEY drives up inflation. Ins. companies are going to drive up costs no matter what......its what they do!

Third point...you really need to stop drinking the Govts koolaide

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Yes you DO have the right to having rules in your own home. I agree with this, my friend. But if you can deal with drunk asses and not a stoner tells me you have little experience around stoners, drunks or both. OR the drunks you can deal with YOU are as drunk as they.

Read again my post, THINK and open your mind to more than your little world. Just because YOU like something, or not, does NOT give you, me or the Govt the right to tell anyone what they may or may not ingest.
Not true, It does effect everyone. It's like theft, if there wasn't theft prices would be lower. Same thing goes w/ health and vehicle insurance. More people driving under the influence the more risk for the insurance companies which means higher cost for us. You know they won't eat the higher operating costs.

Plus think about all the people that would be eating junk food if weed was legalized . But seriously I feel it would have an effect on health insurance as well.

And you have the issue of motivation. How many overachieving pot heads do you know? People are lazy enough as it is.

-John Ruskin

Quote: