Weed wars - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Weed wars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 11:55 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

Yes, avoiding taxes is a long and storied past time in this country. BUT wouldnt even $1 coming into the general fund be better than the BILLIONS going out to control something that obviously CANNOT be controlled?!

This is not even taking into account the many taxable cottage industries that would spring up around legal dope.
The "WAR ON DRUGS" has been largely ineffective at best. Seems that a change is in order. As I get older I seem to be more Libertian in my thoughts. Legalization of controlled substances seems like a good subject for, UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #102

Liked 1260 Times on 904 Posts
Likes Given: 627

We have a tax here in NC that you '' have to '' pay for drugs , it does not make it legal but you can still pay the tax if you want . WTF ...

On a different note . Yesterday while riding atvs with a big group some one pulled out a doobie . The thread instantly came to mind and thought , Hey why not . I felt the strong urge to perform an experiment '' strictly scientific '' and only for research purposes so I could make a well educated analyses on the matter .
In my findings of my legs weighing a ton , extream focus on the trails, chink eyes , a terrible urge to flop out on the sofa and a numb throat . It did not on the other hand find it help my back pain out or help with the fact I had one pants leg and shoe full of ice cold water .
The results of my purely scientific experiment yielded the fact that It does not help with pain that much . Makes you lazy , makes you over focus on things , and makes your throat feel strange .
Final analyses : Its not for everyone and reminded me why I dont smoke it

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 12-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #103

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
We have a tax here in NC that you '' have to '' pay for drugs , it does not make it legal but you can still pay the tax if you want . WTF ...

On a different note . Yesterday while riding atvs with a big group some one pulled out a doobie . The thread instantly came to mind and thought , Hey why not . I felt the strong urge to perform an experiment '' strictly scientific '' and only for research purposes so I could make a well educated analyses on the matter .
In my findings of my legs weighing a ton , extream focus on the trails, chink eyes , a terrible urge to flop out on the sofa and a numb throat . It did not on the other hand find it help my back pain out or help with the fact I had one pants leg and shoe full of ice cold water .
The results of my purely scientific experiment yielded the fact that It does not help with pain that much . Makes you lazy , makes you over focus on things , and makes your throat feel strange .
Final analyses : Its not for everyone and reminded me why I dont smoke it
My experience generally matches your own. No munchies though?

Anyways, as for pain, I have had some relief from marijuana in the past. I had actually messed up my back at work when I slipped on some ice. It hurt like hell for a day before I went to my brother-in-law and asked him about smoking with him (he always has it on hand).

Believe it or not it did help (for about three or four hours). It didn't take all the pain away like some pain killers do, but I was also functional in a way that I wasn't before I smoked it and in a way that I wouldn't have been with a more serious script.. I was feeling sleepy, yes, but not anything like what opids will do to me. Generally I feel that Marijuana is fine if you want to smoke it. For me, if legal, I would smoke it from time to time (same as how I drink) for recreational purposes and take it when needed for severe pain. That said, I still wouldn't use it (if legal) and my job didn't permit its use. Of course, I could always find another job .

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun