Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are we losing the gun debate?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 79 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 69

It doesn't look like it

Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #22

Liked 1660 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 2422

Yep, NY and CO have already passed some serious gun control stuff. Several other states are poised to do the same. The anti-gunners took control of the CO house of representatives when the pro-dopers elected five anti-gunners.

The anti-gunners took a page out of the Republican playbook and went for gun control at the state level.

Quote:
The path of least resistance, then, appears to be state-level restrictions on gun ownership — constitutional challenges be damned. California, Washington, New Mexico, Minnesota, Florida, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont have pending gun control legislation in the works since the Sandy Hook massacre. In total 512 new gun control laws have been introduced at the state level, including bold laws like Missouri State Rep. Rory Ellinger’s assault weapons confiscation law. Most recently, Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper signed a law that included a ban on high capacity magazines, limiting them to 15, as well as background checks for all firearm sales.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #23

Good thing my Governor is very pro gun Kasich is awesome

Old 03-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #24

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 141

I think I can simplify my earlier post to this - as a population, gun owners are declining. We'll eventually be out-voted. If you look at the folks running the show now, you can see the writing is on the wall.

Joe

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Suggested gun control movement talking point: "We're OK with guns to keep our families safe, we just don't want you to have them." - Joe

Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #25

Huh gun owners declining if anything to me it looks like we are increasing

Old 03-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger22lr View Post
Huh gun owners declining if anything to me it looks like we are increasing
Could be biased data, but could be true as well. It's so tough to find unbiased reporting on these issues:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/31/politics/gun-ownership-declining/index.html

Quote:
The number of households owning guns has declined from almost 50% in 1973 to just over 32% in 2010, according to a 2011 study produced by The University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Center. The number of gun owners has gone down almost 10% over the same period, the report found...
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/12/guns-in-america-statistics/60071/

Joe

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Suggested gun control movement talking point: "We're OK with guns to keep our families safe, we just don't want you to have them." - Joe

Last edited by jp_over; 03-30-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #27

Liked 183 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Liberals loosing ground on their AW ban, gun ownership on the rise, NRA is stronger then ever, production ramping up and all the mass shootings are happening where gun control is the worst...... are we loosing this battle? HELL NO!

Old 03-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_over View Post
Yeah honestly I think it's just biased. Gotta remember these are Liberal news medias.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #29

Here's a more balanced poll but it's older than the second link I posted:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150353/Self-Reported-Gun-Ownership-Highest-1993.aspx

It would be nice to be wrong on this one, but time will tell. I'll just keep voting and hoping.

Joe

Old 03-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #30

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Yep, NY and CO have already passed some serious gun control stuff. Several other states are poised to do the same. The anti-gunners took control of the CO house of representatives when the pro-dopers elected five anti-gunners.
As far as CO goes... That is not what happened. There was a vote for Amendment 64, DECRIMINALIZING a small amount of weed. Which was unnecessary, as it was already possible to get a Medical Marijuana card. Which was not at all hard to get. Those who voted for the democrats did so because they wanted to .

The legislation that has passed regarding guns is extremely troubling. There was much fighting about it. But it is not "serious" gun-control. It effects current gun-owners not at all. Concealed Carry is still alive and well. The sheriffs of 30 counties have told the Governor they will NOT enforce the new laws.

So now, more people are prepared to work hard to dump those who voted for this crap. They take effect July 1. Can you imagine that the biggest buying spree I've ever seen will stop? NO. It will not. We'll see if they try to pass more laws. We fought back on this last round, and will fight more.

More Coloradans are armed now than were a year ago.

So THAT'S what's going on in Colorado. If you study your history, you'll see that the Revolutionary War was not a slam-dunk. It was a hard fight, and looked pretty dark at times.

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.