Are we being watched??? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are we being watched???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthor View Post
My security, safety and privacy are 100% in control of the people running the onstar system. I can only hope they are always 100% on my side.
hee hee hee slim hope you got.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #42

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Welcome to my world

I live in Reston, Virginia - I am not in the spy business myself, but anyone visiting this part of Northern Virginia will see hundreds of companies and buildings housing government contractors and Homeland Security facilities. Your taxes are at work. So, OF COURSE they have the ability to see everything we do and say. Trick is, are we giving them a reason to pay attention to us? Law abiding citizens are less likely to be actively monitored as compared to folks engaged in highly-suspicious activites.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #43

Liked 2505 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 1947

YES, we are being watched.

By cowardly, sneaky, sweaty pond scum slugs

who don't have a

testicle, or drop of testosterone, between them.

I HOPE THEY DON'T LIKE WHAT I SAY. IF THEY

CAN DREDGE UP A MAN, THEY CAN SEND HIM

DOWN HERE TO DANCE WITH ME OVER IT.

I'm American, Jack, and I may die on my feet,

but I'll NEVER live on my knees!

Old 07-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #44
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

There are cameras on highways and city streets. There are RFID detectors all over the place. Store cameras record who comes in, registers record purchases, and credit card transactions are all logged.

If you think about it, it's kinda fun thinking of ways you can go about your normal routine WITHOUT being detected.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:26 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
SPLC (southern poverty law center), ADL (anti-defamation league).
Ahh yes. My two favorite groups. They are perpetually 'outraged' and 'offended'!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:56 AM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
If you think about it, it's kinda fun thinking of ways you can go about your normal routine WITHOUT being detected.
That can be habit-forming. I spent about ten years with somebody else's name on everything from my lease to my utility bills and with my actual physical address on absolutely nothing. My favorite was having my name on the utilities at a house across town. Heck, my tax returns and W-2's were addressed to my office (at my state job, LOL). Cash is king & misinformation is entertaining.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:43 AM   #47

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post

<snip>

The government doesn't have a magical system that lets them access everything about a person. We don't live in the world of "24".
And, how do you know this?

Bill

Old 07-29-2011, 01:57 AM   #48

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default Long and short story

SHORT VERSION AT BOTTOM

The government probably has the capability to monitor certain individual(s) if they arouse suspicion. It would be too inefficient to monitor the ENTIRE American public. Most of the time, high profile offenders turn themselves in unwillingly with their suspicious activity. If you don't want anyone to know about it, government or otherwise, don't write it down, especially in a computer.

As far as forum conduct, I'm sure the BATFE or similar agencies look for keywords like "automatic" or whatever in forums. This forum has a group of people with pretty legal attitudes, but ihateblackpeopleandhaveguns.com might just be visited every so often... just maybe, I'm no investigator

Seriously, I am too poor to own my own firearm. I have a gracious group of friends I borrow from. This is a public forum, don't post anything you would regret. There are a lot of good LEOs and people in the government. Unfortunately, they aren't always the ones making the decisions. Just my .02

HEY THERE heres the summary. Don't post stupid or personal stuff, the government goes looking for idiots and reckless people, not 99% of us. Keep your eyes peeled though, not all feds are bad but some can be.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #49

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterner123 View Post

<snip>

HEY THERE heres the summary. Don't post stupid or personal stuff, the government goes looking for idiots and reckless people, not 99% of us. Keep your eyes peeled though, not all feds are bad but some can be.
I have a friend that is a LAPD homocide cop. He tells me that most people convict themselves with their diarrhea of the mouth.

Bill

Old 07-29-2011, 02:51 AM   #50

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
I have a friend that is a LAPD homocide cop. He tells me that most people convict themselves with their diarrhea of the mouth.

Bill
I believe it. I know when I get nervous I talk a lot, makes sense.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.