Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are we being watched???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Enjoy

New Yorker Sheds New Light on NSA’s Warrantless Wiretapping and Data Mining | Threat Level | Wired.com

Old 07-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #12

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
There is about a 95% chance that this site and others like it are looked at from time to time by government agencies or other non-government agencies that want to watch the progun people that does not mean they watch every minute of everyday. More then likely they will drop in once in a while. What they look for is anyone’s guess but it would be in your best interests to not say anything that can be held against you.

As far as you owning guns they figure that sense you are on a gun board.

There are a lot of gun boards out there in cyber space and to monater all of them all the time would take 100,000 people or more.
It's 100%, and you are paying for it.

And it doesn't take 100,000 people, just Obama's Black Widow Cray computer at NSA, Langley.
1_nsa.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8305 Times on 3588 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

When you post on an open forum, you have carved words into the granite face of the internet. It is somewhat akin to Herpes- it lasts a real long time. As far as owning guns, or what I own- that is nothing new. Fer chrisakes, I have a collector's FFL. It is a pretty safe bet that the ATF knows I use that to buy guns ( DUH!)

However, folks that ask for instructions in breaking the law, or brag about breaking the law- are another matter entirely. Either they are a troll, or are guilty of SIP (Stupid in Public). Generally, I will tell them one time if there is an action I know to be illegal. If they cannot take the hint, I will refer them to our own authorities here (SIC EM !!! TROLL TROLL TROLL ! Get him boy, get him!)

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #14

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

SIP!!! Classic!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 07-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #15

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Default Are We Being Watched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
How much do you think Big Brother is monitoring sites like these? I find myself very tentative to post anything that could be construed as even slightly inflammatory...IE-my real name, my choice of weapons, my political views. I was under the impression, as TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOTS that we have the freedom to say whatever we damn well please without fear of reprisal from anyone. Basic rules of civility of course, are just that, basic, like air food and water. I find the people here are very like minded, educated, humble and willing to bend over backwards to offer opinion and advice which is why I keep coming back but how careful are you not to say too much? The whole political correctness movement is nothing more than an underhanded liberal scam to undermine our right to free speech. If I say something in public, surely it will be forgotten but if I write it on the internet there is permanent, tangible proof of my beliefs and I for one will NOT be made to explain myself to anyone but God. Anyone have a take??

Thanks for reading my rant...I'm re-reading Ted White and Blue and sometimes it angrys up the blood!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Of course we are being watched. ATF, FBI, NSA down to locals. I'm sure a variety of anti-gun groups reularly monitor this and ALL other gun related forums.

This is why we have moderators. We try to weed out the loons, trolls and other miscreants who would give us a bad name. They are not welcome to such a legal and civilized conversation.

Just imagine a dip stick, Brady Bunch type signing on here and starting a thread about doing harm to "jack booted thugs". They might stir up the conversation just to get the attention of the Feds. Those involved in the conversation likely would not be "regular members", but rather other like minded loony toons just rying to make us look like we were all loons. We try to break out the ban hammer when those peope are spotted.

It is vitally important we keep the conversations above boards. Remember, even "private" messages and e-mails can be monitored by sophisticated, multi million dollar, Federally operated web crawlers. Just as they monitor phone conversations, both land line and cellular, looking for key words that might indicate terrorist activity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
When you post on an open forum, you have carved words into the granite face of the internet. It is somewhat akin to Herpes- it lasts a real long time. As far as owning guns, or what I own- that is nothing new. Fer chrisakes, I have a collector's FFL. It is a pretty safe bet that the ATF knows I use that to buy guns ( DUH!)

However, folks that ask for instructions in breaking the law, or brag about breaking the law- are another matter entirely. Either they are a troll, or are guilty of SIP (Stupid in Public). Generally, I will tell them one time if there is an action I know to be illegal. If they cannot take the hint, I will refer them to our own authorities here (SIC EM !!! TROLL TROLL TROLL ! Get him boy, get him!)
All this ^^^^^ and.....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 993 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Google's back end is a web crawler. It searches the internet for everything and categorizes, tags, etc. So when you search for "Firearms message board" or "I have a question about a Howa" google has looked and knows that there are pages on firearmstalk.com that discuss those topics.

Google does it for everything, but NSA or other gov agencies likely use web crawlers to build a big file on specific terms or ideas that they have customized their web crawler to look for. So when the terms overthrow and US government are found it probably raises a red flag. Now one instance on a web site is likely to never be seen but when 5% of the pages on that site have key terms they are looking for in them. Then it gets the attention of an analyst and the process goes on from there.

I have no knowledge of gov agencies doing this but I'm sure it's done. And don't think that a members only site is stopping them from seeing what is said.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #17

This is all I have to say about this matter

Prescribed Fire is Mother Nature's plastic surgeon.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #18

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Ok.....What the hell does that mean? G-E-E-E-Z-Z ya could have posted this.....

And I would have understood that much better if.....Just what the hell was that??

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #19

Here, maybe this is more to your liking sir...

Prescribed Fire is Mother Nature's plastic surgeon.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1714 Times on 1238 Posts
Likes Given: 1960

Default Who's watching whom.......

Big brother is watching us and the Chinese and the rest of the World is watching Big Brother. If you want paranoid just look at what our Gov. is doing to bring this Great Nation to its Knees, I'll give you my guns, but first let me unload them for you.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........