Are we being watched???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are we being watched???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default Are we being watched???

How much do you think Big Brother is monitoring sites like these? I find myself very tentative to post anything that could be construed as even slightly inflammatory...IE-my real name, my choice of weapons, my political views. I was under the impression, as TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOTS that we have the freedom to say whatever we damn well please without fear of reprisal from anyone. Basic rules of civility of course, are just that, basic, like air food and water. I find the people here are very like minded, educated, humble and willing to bend over backwards to offer opinion and advice which is why I keep coming back but how careful are you not to say too much? The whole political correctness movement is nothing more than an underhanded liberal scam to undermine our right to free speech. If I say something in public, surely it will be forgotten but if I write it on the internet there is permanent, tangible proof of my beliefs and I for one will NOT be made to explain myself to anyone but God. Anyone have a take??

Thanks for reading my rant...I'm re-reading Ted White and Blue and sometimes it angrys up the blood!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
How much do you think Big Brother is monitoring sites like these? I find myself very tentative to post anything that could be construed as even slightly inflammatory...IE-my real name, my choice of weapons, my political views. I was under the impression, as TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOTS that we have the freedom to say whatever we damn well please without fear of reprisal from anyone. Basic rules of civility of course, are just that, basic, like air food and water. I find the people here are very like minded, educated, humble and willing to bend over backwards to offer opinion and advice which is why I keep coming back but how careful are you not to say too much? The whole political correctness movement is nothing more than an underhanded liberal scam to undermine our right to free speech. If I say something in public, surely it will be forgotten but if I write it on the internet there is permanent, tangible proof of my beliefs and I for one will NOT be made to explain myself to anyone but God. Anyone have a take??

Thanks for reading my rant...I'm re-reading Ted White and Blue and sometimes it angrys up the blood!!
Oh, you can bet there are people here monitoring. As long as you dont say OR DO anything illegal you shouldnt have anything to worry about. I still wouldnt post anything personal like serial numbers or whatever or addresses or whatever, the normal stuff should be fine.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Ever heard of a web crawler?

Old 07-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #4

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

There is about a 95% chance that this site and others like it are looked at from time to time by government agencies or other non-government agencies that want to watch the progun people that does not mean they watch every minute of everyday. More then likely they will drop in once in a while. What they look for is anyone’s guess but it would be in your best interests to not say anything that can be held against you.

As far as you owning guns they figure that sense you are on a gun board.

There are a lot of gun boards out there in cyber space and to monater all of them all the time would take 100,000 people or more.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Ever heard of a web crawler?
edumacate us kind sir

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2729 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Of course we are being watched. ATF, FBI, NSA down to locals. I'm sure a variety of anti-gun groups reularly monitor this and ALL other gun related forums.

This is why we have moderators. We try to weed out the loons, trolls and other miscreants who would give us a bad name. They are not welcome to such a legal and civilized conversation.

Just imagine a dip stick, Brady Bunch type signing on here and starting a thread about doing harm to "jack booted thugs". They might stir up the conversation just to get the attention of the Feds. Those involved in the conversation likely would not be "regular members", but rather other like minded loony toons just rying to make us look like we were all loons. We try to break out the ban hammer when those peope are spotted.

It is vitally important we keep the conversations above boards. Remember, even "private" messages and e-mails can be monitored by sophisticated, multi million dollar, Federally operated web crawlers. Just as they monitor phone conversations, both land line and cellular, looking for key words that might indicate terrorist activity.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #7

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

And don't fotget that according to the SPLC gun owners, ex-military and right wing republicans are terror-ists

Old 07-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #8

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
edumacate us kind sir
Yes, I second that...Bless the Mods, you are waaaay underpaid!!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 07-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2729 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 230

The SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center) is an organizaion that did some good work. They continue to do a very good job of tracking hate groups, especially neo-NAZI type oprganizations. Their overstretching the scope of their mission by labeling 2nd Amendment based lawful organizations as terrorist groups is undefendable, IMHO.

I have attended training put on by the SPLC on hate groups and they did not discuss anything but hardcore hate groups like the KKK.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
Jay

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts

To be concerned about posting serial numbers, or not wanting to leave a paper trail, isn't realistic. If you have EVER bought a firearm at/through a dealer, your name and address are out there. IF big brother ever comes for your guns, do you think they're only gonna take the ones that have a paper trail?... or only the ones that they know about?... Nope... they'll take ALL of 'em, paper trail or not.

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys