You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

We The American People!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 755 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Yep, Old Abe had it right. The US congress has an approval rating lower than whale crap while 90 percent keep on getting re-elected. Voters cry about congress but keep on re-electing their congress critters.
This is because many cry, few vote!

Its easier to cry than it is to spend a couple minutes (or hours in my case) investigating potential candidates and then actually going to the polls.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #12
bkt

Liked 1306 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Yep, Old Abe had it right. The US congress has an approval rating lower than whale crap while 90 percent keep on getting re-elected. Voters cry about congress but keep on re-electing their congress critters.
It seems a lot of people hate everyone in congress except their reps or senators. If you don't like overspending on pork projects, then you have to stand up to your own representatives and senators if they do it even if that means less goodies coming to you.

To the OP's point, it really is our job to keep government in check but the schools (run by the government) are very careful not to teach about individual rights, the founders and what they believed, and the role all the people must play in politics.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #13
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
It seems a lot of people hate everyone in congress except their reps or senators. If you don't like overspending on pork projects, then you have to stand up to your own representatives and senators if they do it even if that means less goodies coming to you.

To the OP's point, it really is our job to keep government in check but the schools (run by the government) are very careful not to teach about individual rights, the founders and what they believed, and the role all the people must play in politics.
VERY good point. Being a dad of 3 and mired deeply in constant battle with the public skrewel system, i have found this to be true.

When i start going off on one of my rants, i get blank stares from my two elder kids. (One in college the other a junior) They have 0 knowledge of the constitution and our rights. So its up to me to teach them about their rights etc.

Also, the civil war was all about slavery. Just ask one of the "educators" they'll tell ya!

Funny story, at one time there was a daytime DJ at our local rock station that i had a had a few conversations with about our rights etc. She had a pretty firm grasp on them as do I.

Well, one afternoon, she asked the question "What are the 5 rights guaranteed by the 1st amendment? First one to get it correct gets a free case of beer." Took her half the afternoon to finally get the correct answer. Folks all had speech and religion, a few added press, a couple even got assembly...took forever to get redress of courts.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #14

Liked 67 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

VERY good point. Being a dad of 3 and mired deeply in constant battle with the public skrewel system, i have found this to be true.

When i start going off on one of my rants, i get blank stares from my two elder kids. (One in college the other a junior) They have 0 knowledge of the constitution and our rights. So its up to me to teach them about their rights etc.

Also, the civil war was all about slavery. Just ask one of the "educators" they'll tell ya!

Funny story, at one time there was a daytime DJ at our local rock station that i had a had a few conversations with about our rights etc. She had a pretty firm grasp on them as do I.

Well, one afternoon, she asked the question "What are the 5 rights guaranteed by the 1st amendment? First one to get it correct gets a free case of beer." Took her half the afternoon to finally get the correct answer. Folks all had speech and religion, a few added press, a couple even got assembly...took forever to get redress of courts.
Im 19 and i just grad-g-ated from the #11 top rated school in pa the other year. In our history class we learn about how the civil war was about southern people mad at the north for being nice to black people so like barbarians waged a war on them. Also ask me any question about the piece of paper a couple guys signed in some room that has our rights and i couldnt tell u anything about it. If i didnt have my dad i would be a brainless drone waking around and putting obummer stickers on my bumber overlapping the redt from the last election. My dad teaches me everything i need to know about the world..thing that were common sence when you were a kid. I also want to say thank you for being a good father and teaching your kids the important things in life. Btw i know just about everything in the constitution no thanks to the schools. TEACH YOUR CHILDREN PEOPLE! ITS UP TO YOU NOT THE STATE PAID TEACHERS THEY ARE AS BRAINLESS AS THERE STUDENTS!!!

Old 12-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

It is my understanding that upon election each congressmen & senators
spend 50% of their legislature time in working the phones for fund-raising
for their re-elections. Because the person with less funds will lose to the
person with more election funds by 94% of the time. So there goes the
modern statesmen at your expense.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #16

Liked 769 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 604

As compelling as it is...I bet it still doesn't move the antis.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #17

Liked 3979 Times on 2229 Posts
Likes Given: 2628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
As compelling as it is...I bet it still doesn't move the antis.
We don't need to move the antis.

We need to get our own pro-gun people involved.

1 in 25 of us is a member of the NRA.

If we just got ourselves organized, the antis would

easily be shown for the mindless minority they are.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4981 Times on 2359 Posts
Likes Given: 2432

Talking

Jon1992,

First of all to you thank you for being an American Patriot! And God Bless your Dad for being the father we all should be. fmj and therewolf are exactly correct! It is because some who cry about the government do not take action about the government! Like knowing the importance of voting other than just a convenience if we have time! Or belonging to a pro gun group "of your choice" is also very very important. For example if it cost you $30.00 a year to support the group of "your choice" we are talking about 8 cents a day!
Come On! What is your right to keep and bear arms worth! Yet some procrastinate and complain and do nothing to protect their Second Amendment Rights! As therewolf stated 1 in 25 belong to a Second Amendment Rights Group. If we all did think of the power we would have! My preferred group is the NRA contrary to Somme's views. But it doesn't matter NRA or who ever, support a Pro Second Amendment group of your choice!
If you do not, you have no reason to complain when your second amendment rights start deteriorating! Or worse! O, Hillery and Holders plan to allow the UN to start being involved with or Second Amendment Rights even with out our vote! Otherwise we will have no say about the UN Treaty controlling our Second Amendment Rights! Get the picture?
This is not for the purpose of attacking anyone but only to give a wake up call!

On another note to all of my friends and members here on the FTF!
Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas or Hanuka and a Happy New Year. God bless those who are less fortunate than we this season!

Old 12-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #19

Liked 769 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 604

Like a dysfunctional marriage the relationship between our government and the American people is an unhealthy one. The sign of a good marriage would be to turn conflict into a collaborative, problem-solving effort. We are experiencing combative behavior, the sign of a marriage on a slippery slope. Ask yourselves how you would handle your marriage if it were perpetually dysfunctional.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #20
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Like a dysfunctional marriage the relationship between our government and the American people is an unhealthy one. The sign of a good marriage would be to turn conflict into a collaborative, problem-solving effort. We are experiencing combative behavior, the sign of a marriage on a slippery slope. Ask yourselves how you would handle your marriage if it were perpetually dysfunctional.
DIVORCE

or in the sage words of our founders....

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."