Warning for 2012 - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Warning for 2012

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

+1 to the Ron Paul comments above. I voted Paul in the TN primary in 2012 and 2008; it is unfortunate in this political climate looks matter so much - if Paul was 20 years younger and looked like Romney, there's little doubt in my mind he"d be nominee because what he says, particularly fiscal policy, makes so much sense.

I have serious concerns with Romney; I understand the "well, he's not as bad as Obama" argument being used to justify voting for him, but really, all of the GOP candidates, save Paul, are Obama-lite. The writing is on the wall about the issues that severely need to be addressed here and everyone refuses to do anything about it. Sure, Obama will get us to the breaking point the fastest, but the other GOP candidates, again, save Paul, will get us there eventually too.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #102

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigeptendo
+1 to the Ron Paul comments above. I voted Paul in the TN primary in 2012 and 2008; it is unfortunate in this political climate looks matter so much - if Paul was 20 years younger and looked like Romney, there's little doubt in my mind he"d be nominee because what he says, particularly fiscal policy, makes so much sense.

I have serious concerns with Romney; I understand the "well, he's not as bad as Obama" argument being used to justify voting for him, but really, all of the GOP candidates, save Paul, are Obama-lite. The writing is on the wall about the issues that severely need to be addressed here and everyone refuses to do anything about it. Sure, Obama will get us to the breaking point the fastest, but the other GOP candidates, again, save Paul, will get us there eventually too.
Agreed, Ron Paul is radical enough and has the right don't give s f**k attitude about what people say about him, but its our own base that handcuffs us, they always go for the middle of the road, bipartisn, lukewarm candidate that they feel has the best chance of getting the " undecided" votes. I say piss on that let's get someone who doesn't put so much stock in such votes, if you havnt decided by now your either an idiot, or lying.. Paul,, or even Newt would make better choices IMO, but instead well get forcefed the human barbie doll. ,,,frustrated. ...

Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #103
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
I do believe a held vote is almost the same as voting the other way.
If both candidates suck, how can I throw a vote "the other way" by withholding my vote? If either bad candidate wins, we're screwed. How is not voting for either of them a bad idea?

No candidate shares my exact beliefs and I wouldn't expect that. But can you look at that piece of crud Romney and say he's a constitutional conservative? I sure can't. Just like McCain last time, Romney could have run on the Democrat ticket under slightly different circumstances. He's that far left.

Do what you think best. I'll do likewise. Not playing this idiotic game anymore is a good idea, IMO.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #104

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
If both candidates suck, how can I throw a vote "the other way" by withholding my vote? If either bad candidate wins, we're screwed. How is not voting for either of them a bad idea?

No candidate shares my exact beliefs and I wouldn't expect that. But can you look at that piece of crud Romney and say he's a constitutional conservative? I sure can't. Just like McCain last time, Romney could have run on the Democrat ticket under slightly different circumstances. He's that far left.

Do what you think best. I'll do likewise. Not playing this idiotic game anymore is a good idea, IMO.
But what's the alternative, bkt? Leave and go home, and they win for damned sure. If OC isn't repealed, or one more true radical is appointed to SCOTUS, we lose.

Listen to some of obamas mentors and associates...I sure don't like Romney, but he IS different than BHO. At least he doesn't want to grenade the whole damned thing.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #105
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
But what's the alternative, bkt? Leave and go home, and they win for damned sure. If OC isn't repealed, or one more true radical is appointed to SCOTUS, we lose.

Listen to some of obamas mentors and associates...I sure don't like Romney, but he IS different than BHO. At least he doesn't want to grenade the whole damned thing.
I wish I could answer this openly and honestly, but I can't. Think it through. Look at who's really calling the shots and question the system that presents you with bad candidates.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #106

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
I wish I could answer this openly and honestly, but I can't. Think it through. Look at who's really calling the shots and question the system that presents you with bad candidates.
PM me...I'd like to know what you are thinking....

Old 03-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #107

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Spot on sigeptendo & Bear304inc. I don't like Newt personally though, he's not clean. Ron Paul is the only one that has really nothing to hide or be ashamed of:
-he's married to same woman and never cheated on her (at least the contrary has never been proven)
-he has never flip flopped and stood on the same side of issues even when it was unpopular (look up his voting record going back to the UN)
-the media has a really hard time hurting his image so instead they either ignore him or handpick things he says out of context to make him look like an angry nut

I would vote Romney over Obama but Romney to me is more of the same. True constitutionalists/conservatives are a dying specie. What I can't stand is when respectable members on this forum say that Ron Paul is not pro-gun, these are unfounded rumors for people who don't do their research.

If Ron Paul looked like Romney, I agree he'd be a lot more popular. I'm sick and tired of this "does he look like a president of the United States?". Superficiality over real issues at its best.

Here's a good summary on Ron Paul and the 2nd Amendment:
http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/House/Texas/Ron_Paul/Views/The_Second_Amendment/

For those who are not going to read the link, here are some Ron Paul quotes:
"One can resort to any means available to commit a crime, such as knives, fertilizer, pipes, or baseball bats. Should we start suing the manufacturers of these products as well because they are used in crimes? Of course not — the implications are preposterous."

"The UN claims to serve human freedom and dignity, but gun control often serves as a gateway to tyranny. Tyrants from Hitler to Mao to Stalin have sought to disarm their own citizens, for the simple reason that unarmed people are easier to control. Our Founders, having just expelled the British army, knew that the right to bear arms serves as the guardian of every other right."

"Of course we should not have too much faith in our federal courts to protect gun rights, considering they routinely rubber stamp egregious violations of the 1 st, 4th, and 5th Amendments, and allow Congress to legislate wildly outside the bounds of its enumerated powers."

"When the 2nd Amendment speaks of a "well-regulated militia," it means local groups of individuals operating to protect their own families, homes, and communities. They regulated themselves because it was necessary and in their own interest to do so."

"As a United States Congressman, I take my oath to uphold all of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights very seriously. Unfortunately, too many in Washington DC believe they can pick-and-choose which provisions of the constitution they can uphold. "

"Gun control laws turn peaceful citizens into sitting ducks for criminals to prey upon."

"Ironically, one of the most draconian gun laws in the nation is in the nation's capital. Banning guns did not make DC safer. In fact crime in DC rose after the gun ban went into place! "

Anyone who says that Ron Paul is anti-gun or not pro-gun, you are as stubborn and hopeless as the brainwashed sheeple who try to convince you that gun bans make you safer.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Last edited by 2ndAmendmentFreedom; 03-25-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I think a lot of the people who are voting for Romney do it for the following reasons: 1. He is "presidential-looking" , tall, slender, black hair greying at the temples, etc. Especially a lot of women voters (not all, but a lot). 2. He grins in your face a lot, which can manipulate some people into voting for him because he is a "nice guy". 3. He is being treated by the media (and is acting) as if he has already been nominated. 4. He is wealthy, which brings with it the illusion of superiority.
There are too many people who pick a candidate for foolish reasons. I think that had something to do with Obama beating McCain, his looks and attitude. Never mind what his philosophy is.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 03-25-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #109

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
There are too many people who pick a candidate for foolish reasons. I think that had something to do with Obama beating McCain, his looks and attitude. Never mind what his philosophy is.
I think a lot of folks picked Obama over McCain because McCain sucked! He sucks as a senator for AZ and he would most certianly suck as POTUS No, I will not be voting for someone based on there looks or appearance. I'll vote for someone based on substance. If Ron Paul isn't on my ticket he is getting written in!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #110

+1 on Paul but he won't be on the ticket.