Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > War on Drugs = War on Guns?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 8,841
Liked 5196 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 4421

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
After Prohibition political critters should have learned their lesson about banning stuff. In the past 40 years millions of young people have been made felons because they used dope. More dope is coming into the US than ever before.

Does anyone else find it strange that politicians and the politically connected never go to jail for their involvement in dope peddling? Here in OK; a Lawton pharmacist sold enough Sudafed at six times the retail price to make 50 pounds of meth. He was given a fine and probation because he was one of the anointed: Haskell Evans was a member of the OK board of health. Meanwhile: A woman with no criminal record went to prison for selling a few grams of her meth stash.

The "war on drugs" is a sick joke. The US government is bankrupt, its time to end this feel good scam.
politicians, especially liberals, never learn.
__________________
"We will have peace when the Arabs love their children more than they hate us."

Golda Meier.
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:19 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,821
Liked 4565 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
After Prohibition political critters should have learned their lesson about banning stuff. In the past 40 years millions of young people have been made felons because they used dope. More dope is coming into the US than ever before.

Does anyone else find it strange that politicians and the politically connected never go to jail for their involvement in dope peddling? Here in OK; a Lawton pharmacist sold enough Sudafed at six times the retail price to make 50 pounds of meth. He was given a fine and probation because he was one of the anointed: Haskell Evans was a member of the OK board of health. Meanwhile: A woman with no criminal record went to prison for selling a few grams of her meth stash.

The "war on drugs" is a sick joke. The US government is bankrupt, its time to end this feel good scam.
+1000

However, pray tell, would our self anointed keepers justify the billions spent on there law enforcement and prison special interest if all the violence from the illicit drug trade suddenly disappeared?

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
alsaqr Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KalashnikovJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,156
Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default

Tack we haven't seen eye to eye on some things in the past but I think your 110% on this.

__________________
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%
KalashnikovJosh is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,821
Liked 4565 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
Tack we haven't seen eye to eye on some things in the past but I think your 110% on this.

Josh

Where did you find that image?

Thanks for the feedback on the post. Yes, we have disagreed in the past and it's certain to happen again but that's what makes FTF so great.

Exchange of ideas allows all of us to consider a different point of view and occasionally modify our position.


I used to be 100% pro law enforcement...then Obama got the white house and we've seen:
Voter Intimidation by Black Panthers go unpunished
Fast and Furious
Intelligence leaks
No knock warrent murders off innocents
And much more...

^^THIS^^ has all combined to convince me that strong law enforcement is only a POSSITIVE when those pulling the strings adhere to the law. Unfortunately we currently have criminals in office so what does that make the average street cop...illegitimate?

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
vincent Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #15
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 5,131
Liked 5664 Times on 2805 Posts
Likes Given: 6027

Default

No doubt about it, the money is so big in the illegal drug market that nobody in charge will choose to kill it. LEO's, Lawyers, courts, producers and distributors all rake it in by the boatload and few on the take in any way want to kill the goose that laid the golden egg!

Prohibition created a map to follow, just substitute the word drugs in place of booze and put "Demon" in front of it and the outcome is exactly the same. The word guns doesnt yet invoke the same visceral response but they are working to see if they can.

If only 10% of the money being spent to win a war against an enemy with no legs was spent on prevention and intervention, we would be miles ahead and have 90% left in the bank!

__________________
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SW OK
Posts: 4,198
Liked 1984 Times on 1066 Posts
Likes Given: 2956

Default

CVS Pharmacies paid a 75 million dollar federal fine for selling Sudafed by the truckload to meth makers. Pharmacists told the company executives what they were doing was wrong. Despite the fact that company executives aided and abetted in making meth; no one went to jail.

Yep, big company executives, like the banks, are "too big to jail".

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/business&id=7724717

Quote:
Yet investigators say upper-management officials knew there was a problem. Their own cashiers and clerks told them that they were seeing outright violations.

"The supervisors told the clerks, 'Just keep selling. If the system allows, that's what you're supposed to do, you're supposed to sell.' The employees were very concerned.
__________________
alsaqr is offline  
KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KalashnikovJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,156
Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Josh

Where did you find that image?

Thanks for the feedback on the post. Yes, we have disagreed in the past and it's certain to happen again but that's what makes FTF so great.

Exchange of ideas allows all of us to consider a different point of view and occasionally modify our position.


I used to be 100% pro law enforcement...then Obama got the white house and we've seen:
Voter Intimidation by Black Panthers go unpunished
Fast and Furious
Intelligence leaks
No knock warrent murders off innocents
And much more...

^^THIS^^ has all combined to convince me that strong law enforcement is only a POSSITIVE when those pulling the strings adhere to the law. Unfortunately we currently have criminals in office so what does that make the average street cop...illegitimate?

Tack
I've had that pic for several years.Its survived being moved from machine to machine lol.

You and anyone else can use it as you see fit.

Anyway,its very important to understand how we can screw ourselves in support of more government when we agree to it being implemented by those we like,but then when those of our political opposite get power,they get to use those powers to their behest.

I'm very fond of this quote:

“He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.”
-Thomas Paine

One of the best examples of this sort of thing is the Department of Homeland Stasi.

Conservatives thought it would be a good thing to create yet another illegitimate federal police force,one that this time would specifically be designed to literally centralize all the local and state police with the federal bureaucracy.

This would help us defend ourselves from radical fundamentalists terrorists and other dangerous people,they said.

Things got really hokey when they started trying to classify druggies as supporters of terrorists tho,didn't it?

And then they seemed to be trying to paint average run of the mill criminals as "terrorists",too.

In the same vein,it was fine when we started allowing the government to ignore the inalienable rights of ALL PEOPLE,and the restrictions placed on it to the effect that it must observe due process and such.

Who cares if some raghead in Gitmo's natural rights isnt protected from the most powerful government on earth,right?

Well,now,as they say,the plot thickens and the shoe is on the other foot.

Not 3 months after Obama the Marxist Usurper was elected,the Department of Homeland Stasi released a directive calling those who support 3rd party politicians,the Constitution,gun rights,etc,etc,could be "homegrown terrorists" and should be given "the special treatment" by law enforcement.

The system Bush and the conservatives designed to "keep us safe" from the "evil terrorists" was now being used to target the left's bogeyman- the "radical right",in other words,most conservatives.

We have to be careful when we unleash devils,because devils have no loyalty and will turn on their creators.

Anyway,this is the sort of thing our Founders warned us about.

Too big of a government is not good for anyone.
__________________
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%
KalashnikovJosh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 5,131
Liked 5664 Times on 2805 Posts
Likes Given: 6027

Default

Too big and its tendrils reach deeply into our lives from every corner and crevice. The laws that make things and not actions against the law also allows them to do what they please in pursuit of things.

Every year thousands of laws are added to our communites, Counties, States and Federal law books. Some with famous names, others just appear out of nowhere. Who said Ignorence of the law is no excuse, musta been back in the roaring 20's when they only had 15 or 20 real laws to worry about, not thousands!

They should make a new law, "For every new Law that is Created, three old ones must be eliminated". That would keep them tied up for decades!!!!!!!

__________________
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

I do not believe the government has the legitimate authority to limit what i eat, drink, smoke, or shoot up. I do not respect any laws that they make to that end/purpose. I do pity those who are so addicted to meth or crack or whatever else that they are almost incapable of getting sober alone.

I do believe that a circular patten of government agency budgets growing larger has emerged in relation to the "war on drugs". I do believe that jailing drug addicts for extended periods of time is an expensive way to transform addicts into real criminals with additional skills to feed their untreated habits/addictions. I do think that same money would be better spent on researching new ways to help people get over their addictions (crack "patch" or whatever it may be).

I don't believe that the people of the U.S. have the power or will to reign in the errant federal government on this issue anytime soon.

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,821
Liked 4565 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
I've had that pic for several years.Its survived being moved from machine to machine lol.

You and anyone else can use it as you see fit.

Anyway,its very important to understand how we can screw ourselves in support of more government when we agree to it being implemented by those we like,but then when those of our political opposite get power,they get to use those powers to their behest.

I'm very fond of this quote:

“He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.”
-Thomas Paine

One of the best examples of this sort of thing is the Department of Homeland Stasi.

Conservatives thought it would be a good thing to create yet another illegitimate federal police force,one that this time would specifically be designed to literally centralize all the local and state police with the federal bureaucracy.

This would help us defend ourselves from radical fundamentalists terrorists and other dangerous people,they said.

Things got really hokey when they started trying to classify druggies as supporters of terrorists tho,didn't it?

And then they seemed to be trying to paint average run of the mill criminals as "terrorists",too.

In the same vein,it was fine when we started allowing the government to ignore the inalienable rights of ALL PEOPLE,and the restrictions placed on it to the effect that it must observe due process and such.

Who cares if some raghead in Gitmo's natural rights isnt protected from the most powerful government on earth,right?

Well,now,as they say,the plot thickens and the shoe is on the other foot.

Not 3 months after Obama the Marxist Usurper was elected,the Department of Homeland Stasi released a directive calling those who support 3rd party politicians,the Constitution,gun rights,etc,etc,could be "homegrown terrorists" and should be given "the special treatment" by law enforcement.

The system Bush and the conservatives designed to "keep us safe" from the "evil terrorists" was now being used to target the left's bogeyman- the "radical right",in other words,most conservatives.

We have to be careful when we unleash devils,because devils have no loyalty and will turn on their creators.

Anyway,this is the sort of thing our Founders warned us about.

Too big of a government is not good for anyone.
They got my attention when the Ice Cream Lady...Neopolotin? Napolitono? Whatever her name is, put out there Cautionary memo concerned that Disgruntled Vets could be a threat!

The only way anyone can see this as a rational fear would be if you planned on raping the Constitution. Then yes, those of is who swore to uphold it might scare you.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Mexico drugs & guns....... LONGHAIR Conspiracy 15 07-30-2012 08:28 PM
is the rev on drugs or what linuxuser3890 Legal and Activism 17 06-08-2012 02:30 AM
The evils of drugs Jo da Plumbr The Club House 5 02-01-2011 06:17 PM



Newest Threads