Walgreens = anti CCW, tell them to change!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Walgreens = anti CCW, tell them to change!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Walgreens = anti CCW, tell them to change!

Walgreens fires CCW pharmacist for stopping robbery...

http://www.heraldpalladium.com/articles/2011/05/18/local_news/4820927.txt

Please contact Walgreens and tell them you won't support them until they lose their anti-firearm attitude. Here's the link to their Corp. Customer Service...

http://www.walgreens.com/marketing/contactus/forms.jsp?h1=Customer

This is what I told them...

Your company's firing of Jeremy Hoven from the Napier Avenue store in Benton Harbor, MI. is unforgivable. The man is a hero, and you should be THANKING HIM for saving you several wrongful death suits because you were to cheap to correct the security issues in that store, or provide adequate protection for your employees.

There is NO evidence that disarming your employees promotes safety of any employees, in fact MANY American workers owe their lives to a fellow employee who legally carried a firearm and used it to stop a violent situation.

I for one, will not spend another dollar in ANY Walgreens until you adopt a pro-Concealed Carry Weapon policy.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2011, 03:10 AM   #2

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Well spoken. I wouldn't however respond as professionally as I have such a burning hatred for hoplophobes.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 05-26-2011, 03:17 AM   #3

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Good luck with that, they will toss your message right in the garbage can. I for one just choose not to shop there anyhow. But sooner or later they are going to get a lock on the pharmacuetical market and we will have no choice. And don't buy into that BS that they will be offering bottom dollar prices. As soon as they lcok it up the prices are going to skyrocket just like gas prices

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-26-2011, 04:20 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Good luck with that, they will toss your message right in the garbage can. I for one just choose not to shop there anyhow. But sooner or later they are going to get a lock on the pharmacuetical market and we will have no choice. And don't buy into that BS that they will be offering bottom dollar prices. As soon as they lcok it up the prices are going to skyrocket just like gas prices
Maybe they will toss it in the trash, but they will never know anyone cares one way or the other if none of us say anything.

It's not the same thing, but I have seen where at least one Circle K reginal manager changed his policy and started allowing CCW in his stores because of an email and phone call campaign from members of gun forums.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 05-26-2011, 05:12 AM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post

Please contact Walgreens and tell them you won't support them until they lose their anti-firearm attitude. Here's the link to their Corp. Customer Service...

Your company's firing of Jeremy Hoven from the Napier Avenue store in Benton Harbor, MI. is unforgivable. The man is a hero, and you should be THANKING HIM for saving you several wrongful death suits because you were to cheap to correct the security issues in that store, or provide adequate protection for your employees.

There is NO evidence that disarming your employees promotes safety of any employees, in fact MANY American workers owe their lives to a fellow employee who legally carried a firearm and used it to stop a violent situation.

I for one, will not spend another dollar in ANY Walgreens until you adopt a pro-Concealed Carry Weapon policy.

That's excellant Jesse. The greatest thing to come out of this is yet to come, when this pharmacist gets another job, based entirely on the media and his selfless action to protect the store.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4297

Time to boycott Walgreens!

Old 05-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I guess I won't be shopping at Walgreens.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #8

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

We just switched our business elsewhere.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2993 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 278

They, like many other US corporations, are overly concerned with liability. I cannot blame them for their concern with the nature of our civil court system and the bottom feeding attorneys that predate on such companies. It is their right to fire the man for violating a company policy. It is also our right to take our business elsewhere. I find their prices to be higher than my local supermarket for OTC meds anyway. They are slightly more convenient, but I will drive the extra mile to avoid them.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 05-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post

Why does the word concealed have to tag along with the word carry all the time? Why do people always mention carrying a gun as carrying a concealed weapon? Concealed has a meaning. Why limit the language to concealed when its perfectly legal to open carry in many states?

Out in the sticks with the squirrels and the ticks and my 30-06