Wal-Mart Adopts Tougher Gun Sale Rules - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Wal-Mart Adopts Tougher Gun Sale Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2108 Times on 1140 Posts
Likes Given: 3175

None of the Remington guns are made in China. NEF imports a cheap Chinese copy of the Remington model 870 shotgun called the NEF Pardner. That Chinese knockoff gun is also being sold in the US as the IAC Hawk Model 982.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #12

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
If i was running a walmart i prolly wouldnt sell guns either. Its not a big seller and not really inline with their overall business model. Ammo is one thing but selling a gun the profit margin isnt big and the turn over isnt enough in most places of inventory to warrant having a ffl in the store.

If i was running a gunshop i prolly wouldnt turn over a gun to someone unless i got a clear procceed from atf either. Im no fan of the batfe but im no fan of some libtard thats been snorting bathsalts and a felony list a mile long getting a gun because nics is overworked either
The current wait in Maryland is roughly 4 months for "not denied" response to be given by the State Police (MSP). There is an 8 day wait but the reality is 4 months right now. A bunch of people sued and the Maryland attorney general actually submitted a motion for dismissal that say in many different ways that they don't expect FFL's to wait for a response of the MSP if it's greater than 8 days and that there will be no consequences for not releasing the firearm after 8 days without a response and they said the plantiff had no standing because they sighted no example of prosecution for not waiting for an official MSP response.

I have an AR-15 sitting in the FFL shop right now, I already paid for it but don't expect to pick it up for a few months. After the court case was dismissed there is hope that the FFL's will change their policy but obviously they don't have to.

I'm not disagreeing with your stance just demonstrating what the result can potentially be, a 4 month waiting period.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #13

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Walmart rolled over and dropped handguns from most of their stores. In many areas they have dropped air guns. Now they are yielding to the anti-gun lobbyist. Notice they are not standing with pro-gun Orgs. I would never buy from this "Circus Train".
x2

We need to sort out who our friends are and avoid supporting businesses who, one way or another, are pulling in the other direction. We also need to stop supporting gun control measures that don't have a net gain according to data that is available. Emotions have no place in the law biz.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 07-04-2013 at 12:06 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #14

Liked 1834 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

There are 2 Walmarts where I live. Both sell long guns. I have even seen actual Colt AR15s at one of them. They are usually very professional. I am more knowledgeable than the people behind the counter. But I am more knowledgeable than most of the people at Cabelas too. At least the people at Walmart are not pretending to be experts. Cabelas has a couple retards working their counter that think they should be Navy Seals or something.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Txhillbilly Likes This 
Old 07-05-2013, 02:22 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
If i was running a walmart i prolly wouldnt sell guns either. Its not a big seller and not really inline with their overall business model. Ammo is one thing but selling a gun the profit margin isnt big and the turn over isnt enough in most places of inventory to warrant having a ffl in the store.
I know someone who has a family member working at Smith & Wesson in MA. His Brother gets a 40% (on MSRP) discount I am told on S&W guns. Pretty good profit to split between the distributors and gun sellers.

One of the paragraphs I disagreed with, was the one that said Wal Mart policy might affect other gun sellers. If I had a gun store I don't think I would allow Wal Mart policy to dictate how I do business. I would follow the requirements of the law, not Wal Mart policy. If you don't like how I do business, change the law. don't expect me to operate my business to a higher standard then required legally, and thus limit my sales and revenue.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 07-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #16
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1320 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus

The current wait in Maryland is roughly 4 months for "not denied" response to be given by the State Police (MSP). There is an 8 day wait but the reality is 4 months right now. A bunch of people sued and the Maryland attorney general actually submitted a motion for dismissal that say in many different ways that they don't expect FFL's to wait for a response of the MSP if it's greater than 8 days and that there will be no consequences for not releasing the firearm after 8 days without a response and they said the plantiff had no standing because they sighted no example of prosecution for not waiting for an official MSP response.

I have an AR-15 sitting in the FFL shop right now, I already paid for it but don't expect to pick it up for a few months. After the court case was dismissed there is hope that the FFL's will change their policy but obviously they don't have to.

I'm not disagreeing with your stance just demonstrating what the result can potentially be, a 4 month waiting period.
Yunus, not only in Maryland, but all across the nation there are people that get wait-listed that are ultimately given a proceed. In fact, according to statistics, only a very small percentage of wait-listed are ultimately denials, but just delays in going through the system. It makes sense, if you think about it, because very few convicted felons are going to fill out a 4473 with all of the correct info and then wait for approval.

Anyone here that is having problems with wait-listing (stolen social security number, same name as convicted felon, etc) can speed things up by going to their local Sheriff's department and applying for a Unique Personal Identification Number - UPIN. For a small fee, they take prints and run a background check one time and clear up the problem and then issue the UPIN which you add to every 4473 you fill out. With the UPIN, approvals come much faster! Note, this is only necessary if you have had to deal with a wait-list purchase more than once and you don't want to go through it for future purchases. It's really not necessary if you've never had a problem with it.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Txhillbilly Likes This 
Old 07-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #17

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Yunus, not only in Maryland, but all across the nation there are people that get wait-listed that are ultimately given a proceed. In fact, according to statistics, only a very small percentage of wait-listed are ultimately denials, but just delays in going through the system. It makes sense, if you think about it, because very few convicted felons are going to fill out a 4473 with all of the correct info and then wait for approval.

Anyone here that is having problems with wait-listing (stolen social security number, same name as convicted felon, etc) can speed things up by going to their local Sheriff's department and applying for a Unique Personal Identification Number - UPIN. For a small fee, they take prints and run a background check one time and clear up the problem and then issue the UPIN which you add to every 4473 you fill out. With the UPIN, approvals come much faster! Note, this is only necessary if you have had to deal with a wait-list purchase more than once and you don't want to go through it for future purchases. It's really not necessary if you've never had a problem with it.
Maryland won't do that. The FFL does not run the 4473 through NICS he gives it to the state police who do all the work. They are so far back logged because of the illegal and extreme laws that become effective in October that 4 months is as fast as they are going.

There is no way around it right now in the state of Maryland.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #18

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The S&W Story is complete BS. In the years I was on the management side of S&W there was never any 40% discounts offered to employees. Why would the company offer their own employees such outrageous low ball prices? Much of the S&W profits originates in non-firearms production. Margins on firearms is narrow.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #19

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Walmart is Americas's single largest firearms dealer. The profits on firearms not known but estimated to be very significant. They are being well supported by gun buyers. Too bad.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #20

Liked 2456 Times on 1593 Posts

There are two wally worlds near me. Both sold guns and ammo. One recently built a new store and moved, leaving the old store vacant. The new one sells ammo fwiw, but quit selling guns. The other one stills sells quite a few guns.

Feral cat waterboarder