Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Voting for conservative Democrats

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default Voting for conservative Democrats

In my district we have two conservative democrats. It's a wise strategy to keep conservative democrats in office. Even the NRA is sending notices to vote for the conservative democrats, despite a far right republican opponent. Why would the NRA support these candidates? First they show bipartisan support for the NRA agenda. They stall bills in committee so the far left liberals can't flood congress with bill after bill. One last thing if we keep voting for conservative democrats in time people like Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein will seem like lunatics screaming from the corner.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

opaww Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Vote for the person, not the party. If they come close to what you believe on major issues and you want to cast a vote for them, do so.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2579 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 246

The problem with conservative Democrats is that when you send them to DC, they typically don't stay conservative very long.
When they show up for that first week of orientation, they at some point get "the briefing." Their situation is explained to them in clear terms.
It boils down to: "Play Ball, or enjoy your one term here in DC."
Then of course there is the same old peer pressure that people deal with from elementary school on. They simply don't want to be social pariahs. Everyone want's to be on the party circuit "a-list."
Are there exceptions? Yes, but they tend to be the exception that proves the rule.
Many of the same rules apply to the Republicans too. The party elite think that conservatives are a necessary evil, not a positive force in the party. So it ain't sunshine and unicorns for conservatives in either party.

Conservative Democrats? Temper your expectations accordingly.

As to NRA support, please note that they endorsed Harry Reid at one point. The NRA goes by that person's record. In the case where a Dem has a decent record and the Republican has no record to reference, they will go with the Dem. Nothing sinister or complex there. Now, if you KNOW or are relatively certain the Republican is pro-gun, but the NRA doesn't, let your conscience be your guide. For all we know, next election, the republican in question might get an "A" rating once he establishes a record that can be pointed to.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Last edited by Overkill0084; 10-21-2012 at 03:49 PM.
AsSeenOnTV Likes This 
Old 10-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #4

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The more moderate democrats are already taking hold in congress. The last magazine ban that failed in congress wasn't co-sponsored by a democrat. Joe Lieberman a Libertarian co-sponsored the bill. Every bill has to have co-sponsor to even get into a committee. When the far left can't find a democrat to co-sponsor a radical bill our lives will be much better. We will have defeated the democrats from within.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-21-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5316 Times on 2775 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Please refrain from political posts outside the politics subforum. Thanks

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
The problem with conservative Democrats is that when you send them to DC, they typically don't stay conservative very long.
Funny, Republicans have the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
The more moderate democrats are already taking hold in congress. The last magazine ban that failed in congress wasn't co-sponsored by a democrat. Joe Lieberman a Libertarian co-sponsored the bill. Every bill has to have co-sponsor to even get into a committee. When the far left can't find a democrat to co-sponsor a radical bill our lives will be much better. We will have defeated the democrats from within.
Lieberman is not and never was a libertarian; he has been associate with the Democrat party most of his political career, switching to independent after his failed 2000 VP bid. Being anti-progressive, as he seems to be, does not make someone a libertarian.

No libertarian I know favors gun control laws of any sort.

Closed Thread