Violent Crime Down, Gun Sales Up
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Violent Crime Down, Gun Sales Up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 3

Default Violent Crime Down, Gun Sales Up

Maybe Illinois... I mean Chicagoland will get the hint that law abiding citizens carrying firearms for self-protection is a good thing.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/18/gun-ownership-up-crime-down/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #2

Liked 2566 Times on 1459 Posts
Likes Given: 1985

Sorry, Edge, it's great news, but extremists will never let

common sense, history, logic, or what is proper get in the

way of their sacred opinion...

To quote the article:

"NSSF estimates the [gun] industry is responsible for

approximately 180,000 jobs, and has an annual impact

on the economy of $28 billion. (Yas, as in BILLION, with a "B"...)

Mr Obama could honestly take credit for this jobs program,

economic boost, and the reduction in violent crime that has followed

the spike in gun ownership on his watch.

Instead, he's silent about his greatest positive accomplishment."

Well, talk about things which make you go "hmmm"...

Last edited by therewolf; 06-19-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

1. Politicians LOVE high crime because it gives them reasons to spend more of your money, make new laws, and usurp power for the government (even if it's a local government).

2. Politicians LOVE gun control laws because it results in higher crime and it decreases the danger posed to themselves when and if the populace ever wakes the hell up.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 1493 Posts
Likes Given: 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Maybe Illinois... I mean Chicagoland will get the hint that law abiding citizens carrying firearms for self-protection is a good thing.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/18/gun-ownership-up-crime-down/
Don't hold your breath. Liberals aren't inclined to let reality or logic intrude on their political positions.
NRA Life Member

“The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop” — P.J. O’Rourke

Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #5

Likes Given: 3

I have a good feeling about it this time. CCW is in legislation in ILL right and with the way politics have been handled in Illinois as of late we have grown tired of the Democrats rule. I know a lot of people that will be voting Republican this election, myself included.

The real issue lies with Chicago!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #6

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I have a good feeling about it this time. CCW is in legislation in ILL right and with the way politics have been handled in Illinois as of late we have grown tired of the Democrats rule. I know a lot of people that will be voting Republican this election, myself included.

I hope your right and wish you boys the best of luck!

As with Chicago, Detroit it would seem is the issue in Michigan...never realized it till I lived here :-P

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 06-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #7

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

Well tell Chi-Town to go back to WI.....lol

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #8
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
I hope your right and wish you boys the best of luck!

As with Chicago, Detroit it would seem is the issue in Michigan...never realized it till I lived here :-P
Detroit, Lansing, (NOT EAST LANSING) Flint, Saginasty!! Get north of 46 and things in MI get better the farther north you go!!!

But alas, they are still anti constitution anti freedom...REALLY P!SSES my family off when i go off about why i will NEVER come back home. Mayhaps i should go back and start fighting for freedom there as i have done here in IN for the past 24 years...IN was messed up when i got here!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #9

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

Detroit, Lansing, (NOT EAST LANSING) Flint, Saginasty!! Get north of 46 and things in MI get better the farther north you go!!!

But alas, they are still anti constitution anti freedom...REALLY P!SSES my family off when i go off about why i will NEVER come back home. Mayhaps i should go back and start fighting for freedom there as i have done here in IN for the past 24 years...IN was messed up when i got here!
Come on back! We need everyone we can get with a liberty/freedom mindset!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 06-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

doesn't the Brady bunch (and eric holder) just hate it when this happens?

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang