Violate the "S" at your peril - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Violate the "S" at your peril

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 380 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 4

First, let me say I'm in agreement with all of you, this guy got hosed. Having said that, he waited for a police car to pass by? Pretty much everybody has a cell phone these days. If I were in his shoes, I'd leave the piece where it lay, call the police and let them take it from there. Had he done that, him and his boss would still be on the job.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

He will sue and get his job back with back pay, benefits and attorney's fees. This will cost the taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars and the morons who fired him couldn't care less. It won't cost them a dime. Those responsible for the firing should be fired and docked the cost of the settlement. This is just exactly like the "zero tolerance" crap in the schools. No one wants to actually think, so they make blanket policies to hide behind. Any public employee who hides behind such bullsh!t policies is unfit to have a job, period.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 05-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #13

Liked 2489 Times on 1421 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
He will sue and get his job back with back pay, benefits and attorney's fees. This will cost the taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars and the morons who fired him couldn't care less. It won't cost them a dime. Those responsible for the firing should be fired and docked the cost of the settlement. This is just exactly like the "zero tolerance" crap in the schools. No one wants to actually think, so they make blanket policies to hide behind. Any public employee who hides behind such bullsh!t policies is unfit to have a job, period.
I know I'd shove a lawyer up their a$$, and have him

pitch a tent...

Old 05-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #14

Liked 2453 Times on 1592 Posts

There could have been prints to connect it with a felon if he didn't touch it, maybe even solved a murder. He probably changed his mind on keeping it for himself.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 05-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 868 Times on 523 Posts
Likes Given: 189

Couple of thoughts, where he was at, getting the police to respond isn't going to happen. They might show up a few hours later.

There's another interesting twist in state law, it says that local govt can not make laws restricting govt employees from carrying guns, unless they make a law restricting employee from carrying. IANAL, but I wonder if the county has such a law, and if they are even allowed to write said law.

As much as I'd like to think it was nefarious intent to avoid paying retirement benefits, I honestly don't think they are that smart. It was probably one of the anti gun liberals that made the decision.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #16

Liked 380 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Couple of thoughts, where he was at, getting the police to respond isn't going to happen. They might show up a few hours later.
Yeah, on second thought you're probably right, they'd have grown old waiting for the police. Like someone else mentioned, he probably thought about keeping it and had second thoughts. And unless there's a lot more to this, he will get his job back.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #17

Liked 2489 Times on 1421 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post

There's another interesting twist in state law, it says that local govt can not make laws restricting govt employees from carrying guns, unless they make a law restricting employee from carrying. IANAL, but I wonder if the county has such a law, and if they are even allowed to write said law.

As much as I'd like to think it was nefarious intent to avoid paying retirement benefits, I honestly don't think they are that smart. It was probably one of the anti gun liberals that made the decision.
I have to primarily suspect nefarious intent to avoid. IMHO, at least

what we've been shown seems to indicate it.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Yes, it's likely true that the best thing to do would be to not touch the gun and call police as it has a decent chance of actually being evidentiary for something, much less in and of itself. Still, people don't always think with their brain. He did the right thing in the end and you can't argue intent. Robo hit it right on the money. It's unfortunate that in the end, the taxpayers are going to give this guy what he deserves for what those dimbulbs are putting him and his supervisor through.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Doing yardwork and the man didn't have a shovel?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.