Video: Obama Struggles to Explain the Second Amendment to Mexican Reporter After Aski - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Video: Obama Struggles to Explain the Second Amendment to Mexican Reporter After Aski

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Okay, I think I'm gonna be sick, but here goes.

The first reason for the 2A he listed was for protection, the second for safety. Then he got to hunting.

If I close my eyes and alter his voice in my head, he said nothing wrong.

Sorry, but nothing came across as disagreeable.

What do I have a problem with? The azzhat reporter. This is why I'm not POTUS. My answer would have been something along the lines of...

"Well, I can't veto the 2A. And if I could, I wouldn't do it because an azzhat reporter suggested it. In fact, I'm working on legislation to extend Castle Doctrine to every inch of the border, and if I see you sneaking across, I will require that every American take immediate corrective action.

Americans are sick of explaining themselves to Mexico. So, Mr. Reporter, I'm extending the 2A to cover Bouncing Betty landmines, which will be issued to every rancher along the border. The funding from this will come from the savings we gain from no longer providing illegals free everything in my country.

So suck it. Next question"

__________________
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
So suck it. Next question"
LMFAO! *spitting water*

That is how I am answering every question I get asked today...... Well, in my mind anyways.
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
USEBOTHHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ferriday,LA
Posts: 1,332
Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Default

i'd be willing to bet that the reporter was a plant; a setup between owhampy and cull-der-own.

__________________

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

USEBOTHHANDS is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: key largo,fl
Posts: 15
Likes Given: 1

Default

we have been lied to for so many years and on every aspect of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness it is ridiculous the goverment is in place just to tear down this beautiful and wonderful country america and us the americans who make this machine run

__________________
10millyMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta,Georgia
Posts: 10
Default

I'm pretty sure that this post will be unpopular, but I'm not going to bite my tongue.


Why are so many people upset with president Obama? He's already a step above Bush, but then again it's almost impossible to be WORSE than him, but I seriously think he has a great respect for the 2nd Amendment.

Reason I say is he said he will not take away guns - he hasn't.

He even signed a bill that allowed carry in national parks - an anti-2nd amendment president WOULD NOT have signed a bill like that.

He's said guns do have their place in society, and he didn't say hunting was the only use for guns.

Then on top of that, he's offered to have a sit-down with the NRA president, and the NRA refused to talk to him.

Who knows? He may have made it legal to carry in more places, he may have been trying to work with them to open up New York, IL, DC and CA, he may have been trying to work with them to discuss goals and how they can be accomplished.

Seems to me like his ACTIONS have shown a respect to the 2A.


Not gonna say he's a perfect president, he has his flaws, but I'm still glad I voted for him over Mccain and that he's there in place of Bush.


And no, it's not because of political party. I honesty feel like anyone that votes for someone based solely on political party is an idiot that made up their mind before hearing the issues. I don't classify myself as either DEM or REP because I agree with the reps on some things and with the dems on others, I pick based on their response to questions.



plus keep in mind in that video, OBAMA was w/o a teleprompter, he didn't have his own prepared statement, he was answering questions off the top of the head while at the same time trying not to offend ANYONE!

He can't say "I believe in the 2nd amendment and feel that most americans should carry guns!" Then idiots across the country would wrongfully label him as a violent man, and he'd lose votes in re-election. Instead what does he do? makes very vague statements, but doesn't cut gun rights - in fact he's opened them up a little.

So keep in mind he may have stammered and stuttered a little here and there, but he was probably thinking a million miles per minute to be careful not to offend the majority of his voters.

If anything, we should be mad at the NRA for REFUSING to meet with the president and at least HEARING him out! If he says "more gun control" you walk away with a big SCREW OBAMA, he isn't talking MORE gun control, then you continue the meeting until/if he does. What's so hard about that?

NRA actually was doing more of a disservice to it's members by refusing to meet with and hearing out the president

__________________
the_hustleman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
falseharmonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nashville,TN
Posts: 1,744
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I'll do my best to respond to this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hustleman View Post
I'm pretty sure that this post will be unpopular, but I'm not going to bite my tongue.


Why are so many people upset with president Obama? He's already a step above Bush, but then again it's almost impossible to be WORSE than him, but I seriously think he has a great respect for the 2nd Amendment.
Upset with Obama? Well, he bailed out the banks (with our money), rammed healthcare down our throats (despite a VERY large majority of Americans telling him exactly where he can stick that thermometer), apologized for the American way, and hasn't done much of what he campaigned to do. Shall I continue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hustleman View Post
Not gonna say he's a perfect president, he has his flaws, but I'm still glad I voted for him over Mccain and that he's there in place of Bush.

And no, it's not because of political party. I honesty feel like anyone that votes for someone based solely on political party is an idiot that made up their mind before hearing the issues. I don't classify myself as either DEM or REP because I agree with the reps on some things and with the dems on others, I pick based on their response to questions.
No man is ever a perfect president. And I agree that it is foolish to vote strictly along party lines. But voting for Obama isn't something I would admit to in this forum. Sure, your choice. Stick around long enough, and you will see that there isn't a large following of Obama fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hustleman View Post
plus keep in mind in that video, OBAMA was w/o a teleprompter, he didn't have his own prepared statement, he was answering questions off the top of the head while at the same time trying not to offend ANYONE!

He can't say "I believe in the 2nd amendment and feel that most americans should carry guns!" Then idiots across the country would wrongfully label him as a violent man, and he'd lose votes in re-election. Instead what does he do? makes very vague statements, but doesn't cut gun rights - in fact he's opened them up a little.
I don't find much of what he said in the video to be offensive or incorrect. He did do a fairly decent and truthful job of answering the question to a foreign national who simply doesn't understand the laws of the US. And all of that without a teleprompter

Labeling him as violent? I think the only label Obama will ever receive is one of inaction or pacifism. Vague statements are all he makes. He has yet to really show that he has backbone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I think you're the only one putting miracle grow on your cat's tail.
falseharmonix is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

I'm sorry - but saying that he fumbled his words trying to explain a perfectly reasonable concept for the common man like 2A without a teleprompter does not add any cred to his ability to be a "leader" or even hold office in this country.

He has a LAW DEGREE!! Allegedly. I am PRETTY sure they must have discussed the Amendments to the Constitution at SOME point during 8 years in pursuing that degree. No?

As for why people are upset with him, I can't argue with False's list. But how about the overall disdain he has for the Office of the Presidency?!

You claim he is better than Bush. Well, at least both Bush Presidents had the decency to return a salute, make sure that they, as well as their family, were dressed in a professional and serious manner when appearing in public and not looking like rag-a-muffins from Goodwill. Then there is the whole "Feet on OUR desk" thing.

If you are POTUS, I would like to think you would have the god damn common sense to NOT put your feet on the desk of the highest office in the land. Really?!

Oh yeah - and at least when Bush 1 and 2 were in charge we didn't go around the world apologizing and bowing to foreign "nationals".

Be a man for Christ's sake - You are SUPPOSED to be head of the greatest country on the planet!!

demotivational-posters-even-polar-bears.jpg  
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
New 2nd amendment video pioneer461 Legal and Activism 1 09-09-2010 09:23 PM
New video showing sheriff department abuse of 4th Amendment bruinsrule Legal and Activism 9 07-19-2010 10:29 PM
2nd Amendment video Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 02-09-2009 12:21 AM
On the Second Amendment, Donít Believe Obama! shooters Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 01-20-2009 05:01 PM
On the Second Amendment, Donít Believe Obama! opaww Legal and Activism 7 06-22-2008 11:10 PM