VIDEO: NY: Lawmaker Calls on Sheriff to Enforce SAFE Act

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > VIDEO: NY: Lawmaker Calls on Sheriff to Enforce SAFE Act

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4305

Default VIDEO: NY: Lawmaker Calls on Sheriff to Enforce SAFE Act

Good on the sheriff!

http://thegunwire.com/blog/video-ny-lawmaker-calls-on-sheriff-to-enforce-safe-act/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 565 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Good job sheriff but unfortunately our country is becoming more and more divided in this matter

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-20-2013, 04:47 AM   #3

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Good for him. In reality I would think ti would be hard to prove that he wasn't following the law. Unless they tailed the guy to see if he let anyone go.

I do admire people that have the acorns to stand up for what they believe in. Law enforcement included.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6933 Times on 3485 Posts
Likes Given: 7531

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Good job sheriff but unfortunately our country is becoming more and more divided in this matter
Not so, were not nearly as divided as it would appear. Leading news with polls that come from a statistically insignificant number of respondents has given that appearance but the lines arent nearly that clear.

Its less a tale of 2 cities and more about City Vs Country! Considering that the city folk have been escaping city blight by moving to the country, we must be vigilant in training them to leave their ways behind them when they come here.

The Sheriff is correct when he says just because they make a law doesnt mean its legal. Sheriffs are much more visible and active in most of NY than the State Troopers. This guy knows that and I hope others join him.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #5

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

WebleyFosbery38,Bingo on your post,and from Long Island Counties North East and West on both sides of the Hudson River,to New York's boarder with Canada New York is a well armed State.Granted Westchester,Rockland and Orange Counties are pretty much infested with Pinks.The five Pink Barrows of New York City,and the three Counties above are Andy's World so to say.Funny a guy born in the Bronx NY doesn't like City people!

Perhaps one of you Long Island hunters/shooters can help me,but how do you drive through New York City,on your way to Up State NY with guns in your trunk or truck,and not worry about doing a year at Rikers Island Prison if stopped by NYC police?

Old 05-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Just as they were prior the American Revolution of 1775-83, what with many opposed to the early 'freedom fighters' against the mighty British.