Victory in The United States Supreme Court! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Victory in The United States Supreme Court!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

we are glad that this has gone in a way that looks good. But the wording I have read worries me. It said in your home that could leed them in saying you can only have a firearm in your house. With Obama out there, Icould see the arugment that we have to hide in are homes to be able to protect are selves. Dose anyone share this thought???

Old 06-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #12

Likes Given: 1

Default Great New's

yes this rulling goe's in our favor, But we still will be under attack from
a different angle.. Never give up the fight.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #13
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Finally good news when I wake up!

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #14

It's been long overdue. Thanks God we still have some people with common sense.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 06-26-2008, 07:56 PM   #15
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckwing13 View Post
we are glad that this has gone in a way that looks good. But the wording I have read worries me. It said in your home that could leed them in saying you can only have a firearm in your house. With Obama out there, Icould see the arugment that we have to hide in are homes to be able to protect are selves. Dose anyone share this thought???
Yes, that concerned me. "Self-defense in the home" is a step in the right direction, but it would have been very heartwarming to hear the Court talk about preservation of freedom, since that's what 2A says.

Still, the acknowledgment that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right is very, very good.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:21 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I LOVE IT But don't get too happy too quick, As soon as fema declares the constitution suspended what will this decision be worth.

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 06-27-2008, 01:29 AM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It's a small step in the right direction, but what I heard all day long is that it only allows a handgun to be kept in the home. There still is no provision in DC to obtain a CCW permit, and probably never will be since I don't think there are any pre-emption clauses in DC. Also, the majority of big city Mayors were quick to state their intent to continue pushing for more gun restrictions.http://start.localnet.com/article.php?article=D91I3B7O1.html

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 06-27-2008 at 01:38 AM.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #18

It's a good thing and will take time to evolve. Take the time to remember that this issue of a citizens right to have a gun has gone unchallenged by the Supreme Court since 1791. This is a great step forward in that fact that it has been finally acknowledged that the individual has rights and that arms are not just for the government/ militia.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
It's a good thing and will take time to evolve. Take the time to remember that this issue of a citizens right to have a gun has gone unchallenged by the Supreme Court since 1791. This is a great step forward in that fact that it has been finally acknowledged that the individual has rights and that arms are not just for the government/ militia.
True, but until we can own the same guns that the "Government" owns, there is still an elitist and threatening mentality, and we are still under the thumb and under-gunned, thereby making the 2nd Amendment nothing more than a token gesture with no real teeth to it. It's nice to be allowed to defend oneself from civilian predators, but we still do not have the ability to protect ourselves from an oppressive government, be it federal or local , who seems to think they have the right to tell us what we can own and where we can carry it. People seem to forget why the 2nd Amendment was put into the Constitution to begin with - it wasn't for self defense against the citizenry, it was for the defense of the citizenry against the government.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #20

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Also, the majority of big city Mayors were quick to state their intent to continue pushing for more gun restrictions.http://start.localnet.com/article.php?article=D91I3B7O1.html
Then the remaining freedom loving citizens in those areas should start pushing to remove those criminals from office. File lawsuits, picket their houses, insult and abuse them in public at every opportunity. Fight to remove them from their nice comfy offices and put them in the local law enforcement accommodations instead. Challenge the ba$+@rds from now 'til doomsday!

9x18=Makarov