Vets Being Targeted? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Vets Being Targeted?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #21
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1731 Times on 1004 Posts
Likes Given: 4208

Well since the current number of Vets coming home and the ones that are civilians now out number the prisoners, they will need a place to keep us.

So they will release all of the prisoners and put us in the prisons.

Then when the criminals tear this country apart, we will be safe in the prisons. When the dust settles we all will come out and start over.

Seems to me that they have not thought this through completely, just like everything else.

BTW, I just bought Chris' book. I hope that the proceeds from the book help to take care of his family. God has one heck of a point man on his team now!
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 02-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #22
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1519 Times on 764 Posts
Likes Given: 1164

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
It's getting a lot like the seventies. The "pacifists" are starting to take out their frustration with the war on veterans. Just like the old VN days

How long before "sand box" veterans get spit on by their countrymen??

Not long.

Recently, a little punk by the name of Nick Turse published a book called "Kill Everything That Moves," and it's being hailed by the liberal media and the publishing world as a masterpiece of research. The book contends that US military atrocities against Vietnamese civilians were not limited to My Lai and a few other notable but isolated incidents, but instead were common, widespread and officially sanctioned. The book manages to paint all Vietnam veterans with the same brush and has started to revive the stereotype that we were all drug-addled baby-killers.

The Left is latching on to this book because it validates the draft-dodgers and former hippies and those who ran to Canada in their "heroic" stand against what they called an illegal and immoral war (which is how they've always rationalized their cowardice); and it gives them a kind of revenge for the belated honor and respect Vietnam veterans have received, sometimes at their expense, over the past few decades. Now they can say, "See, they were sadistic killers, and we were right to treat them like scum."

So, it's a sign of the changing attitudes and it will impact young vets as well as older guys. Now the media feels it's okay to portray combat vets as dangerous psychos.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #23
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1731 Times on 1004 Posts
Likes Given: 4208

The only dangerous psychos out there are this Nick Turse and those that think like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
Not long.

Recently, a little punk by the name of Nick Turse published a book called "Kill Everything That Moves," and it's being hailed by the liberal media and the publishing world as a masterpiece of research. The book contends that US military atrocities against Vietnamese civilians were not limited to My Lai and a few other notable but isolated incidents, but instead were common, widespread and officially sanctioned. The book manages to paint all Vietnam veterans with the same brush and has started to revive the stereotype that we were all drug-addled baby-killers.

The Left is latching on to this book because it validates the draft-dodgers and former hippies and those who ran to Canada in their "heroic" stand against what they called an illegal and immoral war (which is how they've always rationalized their cowardice); and it gives them a kind of revenge for the belated honor and respect Vietnam veterans have received, sometimes at their expense, over the past few decades. Now they can say, "See, they were sadistic killers, and we were right to treat them like scum."

So, it's a sign of the changing attitudes and it will impact young vets as well as older guys. Now the media feels it's okay to portray combat vets as dangerous psychos.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #24

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Gentlemen... If you can not have a "hapless" enemy then hope for a "delusional" enemy.

We have been blessed with both.

Mind you, I've not seen any poles on this but I'm pretty sure if we asked the American people who they trust more... Honorably Discharged Veterans OR Politicians??? I'm confident that pole is coming out 80/20 in our favor.

The Public has still not gotten over the way our Nam vets were treated. Veterans are the "epitome" of third rail politics AND we exist in a class of our own.

Does not matter if your disabled and homeless or a CEO... No Politician has attacked vets openly and survived politically... So if the Kenyan in Chief wants this fight... I say "bring it".

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 02-06-2013 at 07:41 PM.
TDS92A Likes This