Vermont The new Holy Land..... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Vermont The new Holy Land.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I like this man's intention I just think his methods are more for show and on one hand I applaud that, it's also an exercise in futility.
That sounds like a good summary commentary on the failed United States Government to me.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:59 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
THIS MAY MAKE YOUR DAY!

Vermont already boasts a high rate of gun ownership along with the
least restrictive laws of any state ... it's currently the only state
that allows a citizen to carry a concealed firearm without a permit.
."

Not the only state, Arizona and Alaska also require no permit to CCW

HAVE FUN

Old 01-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #13

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Thankfully I will not have to pay the $500 penalty if this ever gets enacted I try to keep aware of everyone around me while I'm out and about. If VT does have such a high number of firearms carriers they re doing a very good job of concealing it.

It will be a while and lots of practice before I'm comfortable enough to carry though.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #14

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
...before I'm comfortable enough to carry though.
Which puts you eminently more above those who won't touch a gun because they know it's an EVIL thing that will kill everyone around it (with no outside interference) and needs to be avoided like the plague.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

The state took all my information for wanting to own a gun why can't it take the same information for those who don't?
It will never happen but I like the point that is being made.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
I think voluntary militia is a great idea...no need to force anyone while we have one of the most advanced and largest armed force on the planet.
Sorry to argue, but the US military is nowhere near the world's largest. When you include national gaurd (or the equivelent) and reserves the US has the 8th largest armed forces with about 2.5 million members. We are dwarfed behind Russia with 21.5 million, N Korea 9.5 million, S Korea 8.7 million, Vietnam 5.5M, India 4.8M, China 3.5M and Iran 2.9M.

My son is a US Marine and I'm willing to wager we have the best overall training available to our people than most of the rest of the world though and we are very efficient at killing our enemies.

Remember, the US is a large country by land mass but empty compared to Asia. We have 310M people, China and India have over a billion people each.

We have a larger military than Iceland though, they have 0 in a permanent military and 130 people in reserve.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:51 PM   #17

Oh, yeah, just what I've been telling y'all along...Vermont rocks! At least it would if we weren't being invaded by liberal rich Flatlanders.
Anyway, I didn't even realize we were the LAST permit-free state; last I heard we were one of two. It's getting worse every year, and all the aforesaid rich liberal out-of-staters-in-residence are not generally pro-gun. I know I don't plan on registering to carry a damn .38 in my car anytime soon.
Interesting trivia...it's perfectly legal to carry a loaded .45 in your car, provided you tell the cop when/if you get pulled over, and hand it to him until your finished. BUT, you MAY NOT carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in your vehicle! That counts whether it's a side-by-side 12-gauge or a tacticalized AR-15. It seems pretty obvious when they made that rule, they were concerned with protecting the deer population from those tempted to shoot them out of the car/truck windows (which is also illegal!) Apparently the issue of someone actually shooting a police officer with their loaded handgun hadn't come up yet. And as far as I know, it still hasn't! I did hear about some nut who shot a cop with his hunting shotgun during a shoot-out in his apartment, but that's not considered normal.
Anyway, the several times I've had to deal with police, the fact that I had a pair of loaded handguns sitting on the seat next to me didn't seem to faze them much. In fact, I've twice ended up having friendly chats about our respective collections and favorite shooting ranges while wait for things to finish. No negative vibe at all.
Of course, if you're a felon, or in a public building or school, things change. But it's nice not having that stigma that you seem to get in many states.

As for the article about the Vermont politician wanting to register non-gun-owners...I couldn't say for 100%, but I personally didn't read that as a SERIOUS proposition. I think it was just a snipe at the fools who want to register gun-owners, etc. If nothing else, the fact that we gun owners aren't any more happy about registering/penalizing NON-gun-owners says a lot about us vs them. Although I inwardly chuckle thinking of all the SUV-driving, LL Bean adorned, boutique-shopping Mass-natives-become "Real Vermonters(gag!)" having to pay to not own a gun and to register themselves, I couldn't go through with it. If nothing else, there is a certain number of poor-yet-honestly hippie types who just couldn't afford it, and would be absolutely loathe to register themselves on a Govn't list for ANYthing. They are the ones the rich types copy when they go to anti-war rallies, etc, and yet I don't mind them, because they actually seem to believe what they claim to. Impractical? Certainly, but they do produce a lot of excellent musicians and artists, and there are blurred lines at the edges of all the "social classes" in this state. I'm met hippies that grew up as farmers and dig country music, and plenty of blue-collar anti-war folks as well.
Hell, I love this state...I just wish it wasn't so fashionable to "move to the country". You should see the tourist-pandering ads and souveniers, etc...god, they make your stomach turn. Came and ski all you want; bring lots of money (we sure need it). But stop making your summer homes along our nice quiet roads, and trying to change our laws and cities! If you wanted to get out of Mass so bad, why do you have to try and change us into a copy of them?
Anyway, Vermont and Texas...two of the best states in this nation. Both were independent republics once. I think that has a message behind it.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
That sounds like a good summary commentary on the failed United States Government to me.
LOL, now THAT'S the truth! Great idea, well intended and inspired, and yet it seems to have died off and left a false image of itself behind. I think probably somewhere around 1865...when the Federal Govn't took control. Abe Lincoln was a great man (one of my most-admired, anyway), but there's no doubt that those years were the birth of modern America. I think the real end was when the war started...it was too late after it began.
Even so, I wonder how different it might have been if some Complete Ass hadn't thought it a great idea to shoot him for guiding the country safely through the nastiest war we've ever fought, before or since.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny45 View Post
Oh, yeah, just what I've been telling y'all along...Vermont rocks! At least it would if we weren't being invaded by liberal rich Flatlanders.
Vermont is a fantastic state AND it's nearby to me making it a viable location to move to. Unfortunately, lefties from New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and elsewhere left their states (often due to high taxes they voted for) and now they're flooding Vermont and New Hampshire. They'll probably piss and moan about the lax gun-control laws, lack of welfare and other hand-out programs, and screw up those states, too. It's up to the natives to keep these leftist assclowns in check.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #20

Wink Mandatory gun ownership in VT

I wouldn't mind someof this conservative thinking in NY. But the 2ndA was at a time when mlitias were the only STATE forces available that could counter invasions; there was no Federal army until the Civil War. In fact, perhaps militias should be reinstituted, so that we can bring back some state's rights and limit federal powers (and army).