Vermont City Votes to Ban "Assualt Rifles" - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Vermont City Votes to Ban "Assualt Rifles"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 489 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 228

While growing up I seen many people, both men, women and even some young kids with numbers tattooed on their arms. They're mostly gone today, but perhaps that will be a future fashion statement and I don't mean only in Vermont. There are many Judas sheep out there ready to lead the flock to slaughter.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #12

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

I hope the citizens of Burlington have enough money to defend against suits challenging the unconstitutional banning of a firearm in Vermont. Vermont is one of a handful of Constitutional Carry states so I cannot imagine that the State Constitution would allow a town to enact such a law in contrast to existing state law. Any Vermonters out there familiar with this?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 AM   #13

It was done long ago in NY when NYC required all long guns be registered. They took their sweet time and I mean over 20 years, but eventually weeded out the guns they didn't want in the city regardless of what was legal in the rest of the state. Even ammo can't be purchased through the mail. Licensees were required to sell those guns listed to a dealer only and bring the city the receipt. Also, if they didn't comply they had to turn in those guns, or face loss of their license and confiscation of anything legally owned. I think this is what the current governor wants to do in the entire state.

Some states have laws preventing this, but not all. NYC doesn't even allow those in the state with ccw permits to enter the city unless they're retired police officers. My brother's both clergy and a postmaster upstate with a ccw and he too is prevented from entering the city armed. Until the 90's even retired NYC police officers were required to get a permit in the town of their residence and also an additional permit from the city and pay for both. Retired police from outside the city were forbidden to cc as well. That ended when the governor required no fee for retired PO's and no restrictions to carry. Naturally the city stopped requiring retirees from getting a license.

A friend of mine legally owned a pen gun that had been given to him by a gun dealer friend many years ago. Last year while renewing his pistol license on Long Island it was taken from him because the State declared them illegal, which he didn't know. They waited for those to come in with their guns for renewal and then confiscated them.

I think the govt is going to have a tough time getting people to register guns that currently aren't. They're proving over and over again that registration eventually means confiscation and when they say trust me they really mean screw you. It's a tragedy what this country's become.

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 01-10-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
I think the govt is going to have a tough time getting people to register guns that currently aren't. They're proving over and over again that registration eventually means confiscation and when they say trust me they really mean screw you. It's a tragedy what this country's become.
I can't imagine people falling for that. I have a few that i bought privately, and i like them private and will keep them that way.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I can't imagine people falling for that. I have a few that i bought privately, and i like them private and will keep them that way.
In the mid 70's when they began registration of long guns the citizens ran to register their guns in a NY minute. They were practically tripping over themselves to do it. Most people are very law abiding, but just can't fathom what govt's true intentions could be.

I think that knowing them as well as I do I can say that NYC dwellers for the large part are extremely naive and have lived under the city's mind control of them their entire lives, thus making them more willing to obey whatever the city says. When under the thumb of tyrants too long you become enslaved without even realizing it and do whatever you are told.

In addition in Gov. Cuomo's State of the State Address he was proud to say that NYS had passed a gun law back in 1911 called the Sullivan Law. Yes, he's proud of a law that was passed to keep guns out of the hands of the Irish. He should also brag about how paddy wagons got their name. Amazing what politicians can say and get away with!