VA says it won’t follow New York gun law - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > VA says it won’t follow New York gun law

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6322 Times on 3155 Posts
Likes Given: 6797

Im not on board with many of the psychotropics the Medical community starts ramming down our kids throats before they can even pronounce the word. A State Government that has no respect for any of our Natural rights isnt on my list of those I trust to determine the effective and reasonable application of prudence and judgement against Vets with mental defect. Most of my life they denied the existance of Shell Shock, now their F'n experts? Hell, they could say we were all crazy for volunteering to fight their wars in the first place, we shouldnt be trusted with guns, we must have some death wish or something like that!

I say good for the VA, hope they keep the faith when BHO orders them to disclose anything the state requires...

Old 03-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #12

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

One crazy guiy doing massacre even every year will cause less damage to this country then gutting the 2nd amendment.
More people will be killed by bad guys than people die at massacres even if we had one every month.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix
opaww Likes This 
Old 03-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 35

If they pass a Fed law that requires the VA to release info it will be released.
Off this topic on the VA, Rush Limbaugh's meds were released way back when. Where was the ACLU on that one. Doctor/Patient privelaged info can be gotten around if you know the trick or have friends in high places.(political)
The wackos should be reported, but the anti-gun wackos if they get their way
you can be sure the reporting system will be abused by our fearless leaders.
I'm just thinking out loud. I have no solution.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #14

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Just to be devils advocate here...

I kinda have a hard time with people currently being treated with psychotropic medication being allowed access to firearms.

I think there is some merit to looking at a way to get folks onto the no buy list that really are a credible threat to others. It wasnt to long ago when a lot of us here were blasting conneticut officials and colorado officials an arizona officials for not getting info on lanza holmes luaghner into the nics system.

Then there is the case of chris kyle getting murdered by a ptsd person who prolly should have been on a nics list.

I just think the issue runs deeper than a flat out its my right mantra or you cant have guns at all insanity. Something does need to be done but i truly dont think politicians have the intelligence or wisdom to solve it.

For now our best effort is to encourge people to carry and to campaign for removing all "gun free zones"
John,

All good points but IMHO... the problem is not access to guns, it IS the use of psychotropic medication... Even with it's use, I'm only aware of a small handful of Vets who've done anything wrong with a gun.

I think the evidence supports the idea that these drugs have far more detrimental effect on "developing" minds... "children"... than they do on those taking them in adulthood.

Many veterans live with "bad stuff" from our days of service but I personally don't know any who take medication for it. I'm sure some do... and we recently had a vet commit "suicide by cop" in Portland OR... but these are a miniscule exception to the rule where 999,000 out of every 1 million vets return home and never hurt a sole.

Your absolutely right that the answer does NOT lie in politicians hands. Personally I believe that banning the psychotropic medication would save far more lives than any new gun law.

Tack

Old 03-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #15

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycharlie2 View Post
If they pass a Fed law that requires the VA to release info it will be released.
Off this topic on the VA, Rush Limbaugh's meds were released way back when. Where was the ACLU on that one. Doctor/Patient privelaged info can be gotten around if you know the trick or have friends in high places.(political)
The wackos should be reported, but the anti-gun wackos if they get their way
you can be sure the reporting system will be abused by our fearless leaders.
I'm just thinking out loud. I have no solution.
I do...

The solution is to recognize that "crazy" and "evil" are a part of the human condition and NO law will ever change that.

Once this is understood it becomes quiet easy "for anyone" to understand that the only thing capable of stopping a threat, is an armed citizen. Period.

Tack

Old 03-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 112 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I do...

The solution is to recognize that "crazy" and "evil" are a part of the human condition and NO law will ever change that.

Once this is understood it becomes quiet easy "for anyone" to understand that the only thing capable of stopping a threat, is an armed citizen. Period.

Tack
Right on the money.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #17

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts

I understand fed law versus states rights . My point being that with a lot of current talk being thrown around about gun legislation beings states rights , Fed law etc ... We can not have our cake and it it too in this point and time. In relation to the OP comment as opposed to the off topic rants that tend to happen

Old 03-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #18

We can not say we will follow federal law when it comes to protection of vets med records in regards to mental health and accessibility to weapons and then argue our points for states rights over 2a. As a side note because others seem to rant in inappropriate forums .... I take offense when. People mention that LEOs would not be as committed to a physical cause/fight for 2a rights as a military vet . As an LEO I'm as dedicated to to 2a preservation as anyone and publicly swore an oath to defend OUR constitution ( state and federal ) against all enemy's foreign and DOMESTIC . Thank you

Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #19

If lost souls on here truly believe that they should follow fed law over state law then they have clearly been mislead by the intentions of the patriots that founded this republic.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #20

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

It's really BS, my great uncle served in Korea he was infantry. When he came home he had issues yea like he hit the deck if someone whistled too loudly type of issues. Two things that man never went any where without his 1911 and his knife. He even slept with his 1911 on his side and he died with it at his side.

I don't care what those jack wagons think in the government, you can't sit there and put a man through hell fighting for his country and the constitution and then say you can't have the basic human right to defend your self and your family. That dog just don't hunt, my uncle told me something once I won't forget you don't go through hell and expect to leave it behind it comes with you where ever you go.

I don't know what in the hell the people in charge are thinking but they need to think again in that state. You can only kick a dog so much before it bites you.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This