VA - buying a gun and transfering within family - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > VA - buying a gun and transfering within family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Is legal title to the firearm so important? Just let your parent make the purchase and allow you to use it when you need it. I have two or three firearms that were purchased by my father and given to me as a youth; i have no problem with that. After you are over 21, do a private sale with your parent, IF you are concerned with them being "legally" yours.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:55 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Send an email to your local justice department. If you go to the VA Justice Department website, you can ask the question, they will answer you, and will give you correct info you can act upon.

And, if for some reason the info they gave you was WRONG, you have evidence that someone at the justice department gave you the info, which will get any case against you dropped (usually).

There are two types of idiocy: Believing everything one is told without question, and never listening to what others have to say.