Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Utah Scored A Zero!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/utah-scored-zero-28060/)

Gordo323 06-08-2010 03:58 AM

Utah Scored A Zero!!!

Proud to be living in a state that acheived this, even though the Jazz can't get past the Lakers!:)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 18, 2010
9:45 AM
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Brady Campaign State Scorecards: Most States Have Weak Gun Laws
WASHINGTON - February 18 - Most states have weak or non-existent gun laws, helping feed the illegal gun market and allowing the sale of guns without background checks including at gun shows, according to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Forty-three states fail to close the loophole that allows criminals to buy guns at gun shows without Brady background checks.

Scores range from the first-ever "zero," earned by Utah, to 79 for California. The complete scorecard results can be accessed at Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

Jpyle 06-08-2010 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordo323 (Post 296578)
Proud to be living in a state that acheived this, even though the Jazz can't get past the Lakers!:)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 18, 2010
9:45 AM
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Brady Campaign State Scorecards: Most States Have Weak Gun Laws
WASHINGTON - February 18 - Most states have weak or non-existent gun laws, helping feed the illegal gun market and allowing the sale of guns without background checks including at gun shows, according to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Forty-three states fail to close the loophole that allows criminals to buy guns at gun shows without Brady background checks.

Scores range from the first-ever "zero," earned by Utah, to 79 for California. The complete scorecard results can be accessed at Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

Congrats...BTW, is there a single word of truth in that Brady Campaign news release?

DrumJunkie 06-08-2010 04:05 AM

I see that score as a good thing. Way to go Utah!:cool:

Gordo323 06-08-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle (Post 296580)
Congrats...BTW, is there a single word of truth in that Brady Campaign news release?

Ummmm, No. Just thought it was cool. Better than winning the Superbowl though IMHO!

dunerunner 06-08-2010 04:32 AM

Went to the site and looked to see where Oregon scored but after a couple of minutes looking around for the scorecard, I got the creeps and left.

Ran a virus scan
checked for spyware
rebooted the computer

and washed my hands!!

Gordo323 06-08-2010 04:43 AM

That bad? Well don't wan't to ruin anyones computer, I just copied and pasted from elsewhere. So don't click on the link everybody, just give Utah the standing ovation it deserves for getting a "ZERO".
Why is it I feel safer living here?

dunerunner 06-08-2010 04:52 AM

Didn't actually find anything, just disinfecting!! :D

Makes me want to move to Utah!

CA357 06-08-2010 05:19 AM

I'd move to Utah except there's not enough trees and water. I just can't do desert anymore.

TheDaggle 06-08-2010 05:20 AM

My state is number 1! Yay! :mad:

Gordo323 06-08-2010 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 296628)
I'd move to Utah except there's not enough trees and water. I just can't do desert anymore.

Yeah northeastern, Utah is where it's at. the high Uintas, Flaming Gorge reservoir,plenty of trees, cold as hell in the wintertime, but a man can still survive!:D