Utah new gun law! - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Utah new gun law!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #61
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8274 Times on 4781 Posts
Likes Given: 10701

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
At the risk of fanning flames, this discussion has casued me to flashback to 1967. Rural Georgia. We had been out on a remote area training exercise, probably 50 miles form any military reservation. Carrying the arms that an Infantry platoon would carry. M16s. M79s. M60s. Coupla 90mm recoiless rifles.

Miltary buses were returning us to post. Drivers stopped at a little country store for us to get drinks, pogey bait, potty break. We ALL filed thru this little store, weapons in hand or at sling arms, got what we wanted, paid for it, got back on the bus. Store was run by an old black couple that apparently had 200 green faced armed-to-the-teeth young men coming through their store once a week- the bus drivers had this as a regular stop. They were glad to see us, and a couple of the local folks stopped in while we were shopping- no biggy.
What you describe was not inappropriate nor out of place. It was a regular occurrence, much in contrast to the story in Utah.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
What you describe was not inappropriate nor out of place. It was a regular occurrence, much in contrast to the story in Utah.
How is "not normal" equivalent to inappropriate? If I want to go out dressed in fur I'm going to do it. I don't give a damn if it "concerns" other people. That's their problem not mine.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5715 Times on 3231 Posts
Likes Given: 5146

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
If I want to go out dressed in fur I'm going to do it. I don't give a damn if it "concerns" other people. That's their problem not mine.
And you'll spend a day or two explaining it to the "nice doctor."

Winston Churchill

Old 02-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #64

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

I won't explain ****!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 02-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5715 Times on 3231 Posts
Likes Given: 5146

Quote:
I won't explain ****!
You'll say anything you need to say to get out of that hospital.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #66

Liked 1839 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

It wasnt that long ago that you could walk around with a rifle slung over your shoulder and no one cared. Now we have all started to hide in the corner. And we point our finger and say that was stupid to do that. But look at what has happened to the common people. They fear us for no reason. Perhaps we should start open carrying again once in a while just to remind the public tghat it is ok.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 02-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #67

Liked 985 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Personally, if I owned a store, and a busload of active duty military people wanted to come in and spend a ton of money, I'd put up a sign outside welcoming them. Guns and all. Depending upon the circumstances, location, ect., the guy carrying a rifle simply to make a point may or may not be asked to take a hike.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #68

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I expect if these two fellows were spending $2,000 dollars at a "C" they would be hailed as Boon to the economy.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #69

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
It wasnt that long ago that you could walk around with a rifle slung over your shoulder and no one cared. Now we have all started to hide in the corner. And we point our finger and say that was stupid to do that. But look at what has happened to the common people. They fear us for no reason. Perhaps we should start open carrying again once in a while just to remind the public tghat it is ok.
Huh ??? They fear us for that theatre in colorado or the 26 that got killed in sandy hook or the arizona congress women or the mall in oregon or the mosk in where ever. It has been in the news a lot lately, where have you been ???

Old 02-03-2013, 04:42 AM   #70
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8274 Times on 4781 Posts
Likes Given: 10701

Quote:
How is "not normal" equivalent to inappropriate? If I want to go out dressed in fur I'm going to do it. I don't give a damn if it "concerns" other people. That's their problem not mine.
I never said "not normal". I was comparing and contrasting
a) A bunch of troops returning/heading out for training in a pattern that has been a regular occurrence in the vicinity of a military base stopping by a local business in their battle gear with their weapons. This is not unusual nor inappropriate.

b) Some lone guy in Utah shopping for underwear in civvies with an AR15 slung over his shoulder. This is unusual and I consider it to be inappropriate. Apparently he did too because he felt it was necessary to call the police to forewarn them of what he planned on doing because he did not want the police to respond to the calls he expected they would get from alarmed citizens and shoot him or arrest him for exercising his Second Amendment rights in a place that people do not commonly see this.

I refer you to my earlier description of the couple in their leather S&M outfits. In a mall in Salt Lake City? Inappropriate. On Folsom Street in San Francisco? Appropriate.

You wearing fur might be odd, but I don't think anyone would call the cops. I wouldn't.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This