Utah new gun law! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Utah new gun law!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 249 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Apparently we need laws to define stupid. Because people keep doing stupid stuff because they can. .
I agree but it is extremely difficult to legislate.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Ya know, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that these "macho-badass-wannabe" in your face arse holes are just plain stupid.

The First Amendment gives me the right to stand on a soapbox in front of the Capitol and scream obscenities. But common vsense says don't do it.

SO!!!! Am I "giving away" my 1A rights because I choose common sense instead of being a wannabe badass??????

Winston Churchill

Old 01-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #33

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Ya know, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that these "macho-badass-wannabe" in your face arse holes are just plain stupid.

The First Amendment gives me the right to stand on a soapbox in front of the Capitol and scream obscenities. But common vsense says don't do it.

SO!!!! Am I "giving away" my 1A rights because I choose common sense instead of being a wannabe badass??????
Not at all, the key word in your phrase here is "choose", you make the choice not to be an idiot. That is totally different from advocating gov't make a law to take away that right should you decide to use it.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #34
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8141 Times on 4700 Posts
Likes Given: 10515

OK, so a guy and gal decided to wear their leather S&M body suits, complete with ball gags and nipple clips, etc. and perform some S&M spanking exercise in public. Nothing illegal about that as long as their junk is covered up, now is there?

THEY DO IT AT THE LOCAL CHUCK E CHEESE PIZZA PARLOR WHERE YOU ARE HAVING A BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR YOUR KID!!!

Hey, no big deal. Just some people exercising their First Amendment rights.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 01-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1512 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 528

With any luck most people will live their life without ever getting involved with law enforcement. Most people open carry to protect their property and during hunting season. Everything will be fine once the acts of these idiots are forgotten.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #36

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

May not be advisable but I'd like to do this: "and bear" "shall not be infringed."

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Last edited by tCan; 01-24-2013 at 06:06 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #37

Liked 931 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
I'm re-quoting this quote because I think it offers a very concise to-the-point definition. Is this not similar to yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre? If you absolutely HAD to have your rifle with you while you shopped in JC Penny, could it not be in a case? Personally, I can see why, and do not blame non-gun people for freaking out if they saw someone with a rifle for no reason in a store.
The problem is this is an 'unfounded fear', not a 'reasonable fear'! I have spend 30+ years in LE and I know the difference. Apparently these LEO's have been indoctrinated by the progressives!
I don't quite understand your post, or why you are quoting me. Could you elaborate, please?

Vikingdad, I really hope they don't do that anywhere near me, LOL.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:28 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Vikingdad, I really hope they don't do that anywhere near me, LOL.
Well, that is exactly my point. I don't want some redneck to be carrying his AR on his shoulder in the JC Penny store while I am there either, and I am a strong supporter of the First Amendment and the right to carry, open or concealed. Personally I am not going to call the cops on him, but there are many who would. I could call the cops on the couple performing an S&M act in Chuck E Cheese as well, and they might be asked to leave but their actions (as long as they are not exposing themselves) are a protected right under the First Amendment.

There is the question of appropriateness. It would not surprise me at all to see Mr. and Ms. DeSade doing their S&M thing on Folsom Street in San Francisco with nudity and actual sex acts, but it would surprise me to see Joe Dirt carrying his AR down Folsom Street at the very same time (assuming legal open carry in CA- which is no longer the case). The cops would undoubtedly be called on Mr. Dirt and his AR, but the DeSade couple would not generate any alarm. Again, it is about what is appropriate and where you do it.

My position is that the guys who are open carrying their long guns in public at the mall and such are doing so in a hyper-charged political environment today. That is not doing us any good. It is not appropriate under the current climate after Newtown. Maybe give it a few months after we have won or lost some important political battles that are currently under way and we will see if it is appropriate then.

Do it now and the backlash is going to be harsher than it would have been in November.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 AM   #39

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Hey Locutus dress up like Capt Marval and meet me at Chucky Chesse. You old crime fighter.

woner-woman.jpg  
Old 01-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Hey Locutus dress up like Capt Marval and meet me at Chucky Chesse. You old crime fighter.
Don't go provoking me. I'll post pictures from the Folsom Street Fair an that ain't purty! (much unlike Wonder Woman! Wow!)

Quote: