Utah new gun law! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Utah new gun law!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 02:18 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The daily news reports and in puts from the LEO differ from these reports. The sheriff of the largest county Salt Lake County is a Liberal. He opposes and will not join the letter to Obama push.
The open carry at Ogden is causing a problem. Let hope it goes OK!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #22

Liked 1076 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 707

Quote:
"If you do something like that and cause a reasonable person to fear for their safety or the safety of others, you can be cited for disorderly conduct," he said. "Had he caused a major incident at the mall just by carrying that in — multiple calls to 911, a mass exit of a store and commotions like that — is clarified now that law enforcement can cite them for disorderly conduct."
I'm re-quoting this quote because I think it offers a very concise to-the-point definition. Is this not similar to yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre? If you absolutely HAD to have your rifle with you while you shopped in JC Penny, could it not be in a case? Personally, I can see why, and do not blame non-gun people for freaking out if they saw someone with a rifle for no reason in a store.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #23

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I made a lot of comments in two threads that ran on here.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f13/positive-statement-utah-81779/

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/dont-do-81856/

I still feel that JC Penny is not the place for open carry.
It's sad when people keep saying "it is my right" just to prove their point and then lose that right for all of us because they were stupid. I told you so !!! The funny part for me is how few people here were smart enough to see the problem. For the most part gun owners just make gun owners look bad, look in the mirror because you are the problem. *** Edited ***

Last edited by ScottA; 01-24-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Inflammatory

Old 01-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #24

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I would really like to know who these fellows are? They never seemed to show up at Pro Gun events? There are "Big" gun show shoots etc. in Utah. Many of my Pro gun friends in Utah are wanting to know, Who are these guys?
They call the Police and news media before they show up?? They perform for the comera? I have to wonder is this a "Trojon Horse"??

Old 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6258 Times on 3515 Posts
Likes Given: 5846

There is aloways a penalty for stupidity.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz

Old 01-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I'm re-quoting this quote because I think it offers a very concise to-the-point definition. Is this not similar to yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre? If you absolutely HAD to have your rifle with you while you shopped in JC Penny, could it not be in a case? Personally, I can see why, and do not blame non-gun people for freaking out if they saw someone with a rifle for no reason in a store.
The problem is this is an 'unfounded fear', not a 'reasonable fear'! I have spend 30+ years in LE and I know the difference. Apparently these LEO's have been indoctrinated by the progressives!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #27

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

It is not a right if you can't exercise it, or supposed pro-gunners say you can exercise your right but only here or over there.

No one person doing something is the cause of an social-ist anti-gunner from removing your right. The right is gone because you let them take it.

The New Yorkers just STFU about the new anti-gun laws that just got passed. I don't hear any of them telling that commie governor that he will be un-employed come next election. And many of the pro-gunners will Re-elect his ass next time anyway.

osamaobama did not get re-elected by all liberal anti-gunners, there was a lot of republican pro-gunners that also voted for his social-ist ass.

So it is really you the quasi pro-gunner who allows the social-ist brown round lickers to take anything away from everyone. Instead of standing up for the two people exercising their rights you belittled them and placed them low like a criminal. Because you personally did not believe in what they were doing.

I may not like it either but I will support their right to do so.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3041 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
"If you do something like that and cause a reasonable person to fear for their safety or the safety of others, you can be cited for disorderly conduct," he said. "Had he caused a major incident at the mall just by carrying that in — multiple calls to 911, a mass exit of a store and commotions like that — is clarified now that law enforcement can cite them for disorderly conduct."
There needs to be a baseline set. Who gets to define reasonable?

I prefer this idea:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=757&sid=23828129

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY — Permits wouldn't be necessary for most people to carry concealed weapons in Utah if a state lawmaker gets his way.
Rep. John Mathis, R-Vernal, is sponsoring H.B. 76, which allows essentially any law-abiding citizen over the age of 21 in the state to carry a gun, openly or concealed.
Utah would effectively become a "constitutional carry" state if the measure is approved. That term refers to a state where carrying a concealed weapon isn't restricted by law.
It's unclear whether the bill can clear the Utah Legislature.

it continues...
NRA Life Member

How will we know it's time to gather up the pitchforks & torches and start assembling the guillotine on the DC mall?
People Like This 
Old 01-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 1380 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I am not going to get into another arguement over this issue but I am going to say open carrying where it is completely legal to open carry IS NOT disturbing the peace and IS NOT illegal in anyway. That is not to say that doing certain things to make a scene is a smart thing to do, but it is definitely not illegal.
Apparently we need laws to define stupid. Because people keep doing stupid stuff because they can. They shouldn't be prosecuted. The local LEO's should have taken them to a remote area, beat the hell out of them and left them there. Their rights are getting screwed over by these idiots as well.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #30

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Ya because the laws we have now are oh so effective, 2 guys did something stupid so now you are on the bandwagon for passage of more laws to restrict the rights of all gun owners, who aren't carrying rifles into JC Penney, this stinks of the democrat mentality of "ban assault weapons and high cap mags because it doesn't effect my guns", give them an inch they will take a mile, there is no reason to make further restrictive gun laws period. If the people of Utah are against open carry then by all means do away with it and go cc only, but don't allow open carry then put vague legal restrictions on it, that doesn't make sense and it plays into the hand of every liberal police chief and sheriff in the state.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Last edited by blucoondawg; 01-24-2013 at 04:26 PM.
People Like This