Utah new gun law! - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Utah new gun law!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 86

I mean, doing something like that on private property isn't really the best place (unless you're genuinely looking for some kit to buy or something). I say that being practically an anarchist so....

On the flip side, carrying openly, in a public area, especially if you're not loitering or near any businesses is hardly "making a scene".

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 04-28-2013, 03:19 AM   #132
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11540

Quote:
Originally Posted by customammo72 View Post
Oh geez... here we go... now because you wanna carry your AR-15 openly you are "probably trying to make up for being very small in some other area"...... So guys, those of us who like to carry our AR-15's must have small packages!! Well, that is ok cuz I KNOW those of us who do HAVE HUGE FREAKIN BALLS CUZ MOST OF US STOOD UP FOR OUR COUNTRY AND FOUGHT FOR IT UNLIKE THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION! LMAO, sorry just absolutely had to throw this out there since someone brought it up...... I LOVE being such a smartass!!! No offense to you Chainfire, I just love to do this whenever someone brings something like this up, to include when people say guys with lifted 4x4's also are trying to make up for "other things"....
Perhaps I missed it but was the guy who open carried in the mall a combat veteran? Cause if he is not a vet then your comments are inappropriate. Hell, even if he is a vet it makes no sense. Yes, you've got to have huge stones to go into combat. It is non-sequitur to say that it takes huge balls to open carry in a mall in suburban Utah.

Personally I would question the judgement of a person who is open carrying a slung rifle in a shopping mall to buy some skivvies (especially if there are no gun stores or the like in that mall) just the same as I would question the judgement of a person who would wear a bearskin coat in the heat of summer on Miami beach. It is simply out of place to an observer who has any sense of situational awareness. I would probably be alarmed by either one of them, though probably not for the same reasons that others would be alarmed.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
locutus Likes This 
Old 04-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #133

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Perhaps I missed it but was the guy who open carried in the mall a combat veteran? Cause if he is not a vet then your comments are inappropriate. Hell, even if he is a vet it makes no sense. Yes, you've got to have huge stones to go into combat. It is non-sequitur to say that it takes huge balls to open carry in a mall in suburban Utah.

Personally I would question the judgement of a person who is open carrying a slung rifle in a shopping mall to buy some skivvies (especially if there are no gun stores or the like in that mall) just the same as I would question the judgement of a person who would wear a bearskin coat in the heat of summer on Miami beach. It is simply out of place to an observer who has any sense of situational awareness. I would probably be alarmed by either one of them, though probably not for the same reasons that others would be alarmed.
LOL I dunno if he was a vet or not, as I stated in the end of my whole post it was just a joke about someone saying just because someone wants to carry an AR-15 means they must be "making up for other things"....... That is just ridiculous, what you chose to carry doesn't have a thing to do with anyone's penis or ball size... He was out of line saying that like he did and instead of being an ******* I was turning it into a big joke. I am sorry if you think my comments are inappropriate no matter what and didn't make any sense.... Guess you took the post all wrong from what it was meant to be, just a little satire is all....... If ya'll feel what I post is inappropriate then I will just stop my postings, I only like to point some things out and make jokes here and there is all...... It was not to knock anyone or degrade them.... That is all.....

What exactly was so inappropriate and made no sense if I may ask?

Also as far as questioning someones actions go, if it is legal to carry whatever pistol you want on your hip openly, what is the difference if his choice is the rifle instead, I could understand if it was a high powered scoped hunting rifle, but just simply an AR-15 designed for close quarters combat? It is a very good self defense weapon, unless your opinion coincides with Biden, which I am not saying it does, just making a silly point.

Last edited by customammo72; 04-28-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #134

Liked 217 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Coondawg, what you seem to miss, is that with rights come responsibilities. It is irresponsible to carry an AR-15 into a mall. An action like that is meant to scare people and show what a big, tough, man you are. These guys were probably trying to make up for being very small in some other area.

They sowed the wind and reaped the whirlwind. I hope they are proud of themselves.
Let me start by saying that due to your voting record and opinion on most social matters I could not give less of a crap about your opinion on anything but I will respond this one time since you directly engaged me.

Yes with rights come responsibilities, you have the right to carry that rifle, you have to make sure you do it safely and legally, which means don't kill anyone or injure anyone by negligent handling of the rifle. You do not have to make sure you don't offend anyone, that is impossible, some people get offended simply due to the color of a shirt someone is wearing or how they wear their baseball cap, these easily offended folks need to be told to grow up.

Who are you to say what is meant to scare people and what is irresponsible? That is simply your opinion which you are entitled to. Do you know for a fact that this person carried a rifle into a mall to scare people? I think it is much more likely that this person carried his rifle to make the point that he can carry that rifle and nobody can do anything about it because it is his right.

How is carrying the rifle any different than carrying a pistol? The only difference I see is the media has bastardized the ar platform to the point of causing fear in the masses of that particular gun, though I am sure there are plenty of liberals who are offended at the sight of a pistol as well.

What the antis want is people like you to keep voting for severely anti gun politicians and start arguments with your gun loving peers and split our ranks. That said I personally would not carry a rifle into a mall because I don't really see as it does any good for anything but I am not going to sit on a firearms forum and make inflammatory comments toward a person who is simply practicing his 2nd amendment right, if that is in fact what his intention was, a right which YOUR beloved president whom you voted for twice would love to strip us of forever.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Last edited by blucoondawg; 04-28-2013 at 02:03 PM.
customammo72 Likes This 
Old 04-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #135
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2077 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 1021

Those who were 'scared' are ignorant and thus prejudice. Simply carrying a weapon in a non threatening manner SHOULD not scare anyone. Those who have been indoctrinated by the progressive will think otherwise. I don't think it is unwise to walk into a 'mall' carrying a rifle unless there is a specific reason to. A rifle is a tool, what 'job' do you need to do in a mall with a rifle?

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 04-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #136

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Those who were 'scared' are ignorant and thus prejudice. Simply carrying a weapon in a non threatening manner SHOULD not scare anyone.
No they are not ignorant, they are the ones who watch the news. They remember the guy in Oregon who shot up the mall or the guy in Salt Lake that shot up the Trolley Square Mall. They watched the news on the theatre shooting in Colorado. And then they see that fat phuck with a AR strapped to his back and think why would he bring that in here ?????
Quote:
Those who have been indoctrinated by the progressive will think otherwise.
Name calling from Glenn Beck ?

Quote:
I don't think it is unwise to walk into a 'mall' carrying a rifle unless there is a specific reason to. A rifle is a tool, what 'job' do you need to do in a mall with a rifle?
What do those two sentences mean ? The guy carrying the gun in the mall was a dumbase. He thought it was cool and he was looking for attention because he didn't get enough milk as a child.

Or he is working for the other side.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #137
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2077 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
No they are not ignorant, they are the ones who watch the news. They remember the guy in Oregon who shot up the mall or the guy in Salt Lake that shot up the Trolley Square Mall. They watched the news on the theatre shooting in Colorado. And then they see that fat phuck with a AR strapped to his back and think why would he bring that in here ?????

Name calling from Glenn Beck ?

What do those two sentences mean ? The guy carrying the gun in the mall was a dumbase. He thought it was cool and he was looking for attention because he didn't get enough milk as a child.

Or he is working for the other side.
You made my point when you said 'watched the news'!!!
They need to start thinking for themselves and stop being so ignorant.

No 'name calling', just pointing out the truth!
If you take the time to study some history you will see the progressives have a well thought out plan to achieve their agenda and it is working very well for them. I am sorry to see that have so many 'useful idiots' (their language, not mine).

I do not agree with the way some people vote, or agree with what many of theM say. I think they too are dumbazzs, but it is their RIGHT to be this way the same as it is for the dumbazz to carry a rifle in the mall!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 04-29-2013 at 02:22 AM.
customammo72 Likes This 
Old 04-28-2013, 11:53 PM   #138

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I'm gonna put my 2 cents in. As far as I am concerned these 2 guys did nothing wrong. Since it is legal in Utah to open carry an AR-15 then they were well within their rights to do so. Those of you that are condemning them are no better than the ****ing gun grabbers. We should be supporting everyone's right to own and carry regardless of whether we actually agree with how they exercise that RIGHT. Get the sand out of you pussies and realize this infighting is exactly what the gun grabbers.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #139
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
No they are not ignorant

Yes. They are. Most all fear and prejudice is borne of ignorance. Racist? Homophobic? Scared of dogs? Scared of cats? You are ignorant of the positive side of these people/animals. If a person fears a guy walking in a mall with a slung rifle they are probably ignorant too. Ignorant of his reasons why he is doing what he is doing, ignorant of the legality of it, ignorant of the positive side of firearms and their owners.

But that does not change my opinion that this guy was behaving inappropriately. And that is not an ignorant opinion.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.