Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Utah new gun law!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #121
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2979 Times on 1663 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Now, Cinder is from Utah and was telling me about some of the Towns with funny names. How the hell do you pronounce that? Looks like "tool" to me.
I told you about that one. Everyone pronounces it Tooly but it's to-will-ah

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #122

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I told you about that one. Everyone pronounces it Tooly but it's to-will-ah
I think you passed through there or visited your friend from Cali at her boyfriend's family's house or something? I can't remember the details.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #123
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2979 Times on 1663 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I think you passed through there or visited your friend from Cali at her boyfriend's family's house or something? I can't remember the details.
Nah, that was Ephraim. We go riding out in the west desert out there by Tooele County sometimes, shooting too.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:52 AM   #124

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It was named for the Tules or Bulrushes the Mormons found around the desert springs.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #125
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1488 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 7311

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
A pistol in a holster or a rifle on a sling, doesn't matter to me, both are open carry and both are totally legal in my state and many others. Carrying a rifle is not different than a pistol other than the fear it may elicit from the non gun owning Obama voting public when they see that scary black fire breathing, high capacity magazine, grenade launcher fitted semi automatic "assault rifle". I refuse to take into consideration the feelings of ill informed liberals who are afraid of their own shadows if I am of the mood to practice my 2nd amendment rights.
It is not uncommon to see folks walking around with rifles, shotguns or handguns in my neck of the woods, in full view of the public. I am not going to bash others for practicing their rights.
As I said before, walking into a place like a shopping mall with a rifle maybe isn't the smartest thing but it isn't illegal. You can call them stupid all you want, just because you find them stupid doesn't make what they were doing illegal.
Good food for thought there BCD. you are right, neither one is illegal in your state. However, doing something that upsets reasonable members of the populus is DTP, even if what you are doing is legal. An example:

You are asleep and you are awoken at 3;30 am by a preacher guiding his flock on the sidewalk in front of your house. He has a right to do so under the 1A, but you also have a right to sleep peacefully during the night. You call the cops, he gets ticketed, for doing something within his rights, and gets sent packing.

As a CCW, if I saw someone walking through a mall, carrying an uncased long gun, In all likelyhood, I would draw and cover, and have someone call 911. Would I be justified in doing my actions? In my state NO, but i wouldn't be the only one up on brandishment charges. In NY, you can get charged with that if you shirt slips or you print. Why do you think my location is what it is? The main reason I reffered to those guys as azzhats, is because I have to wonder how many CCWs almost drew down on them. Nothing more, nothing less. Rifles slung like that in today's social climate, in a state that allows open and CC is not smart even if it is legal IMHO.

BCD, I mean no disrespect, and am not trying to pizz you off. just trying to help you see where I am coming from.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 04-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #126

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Techno viking is a great choice for an avatar, trip. He's a legend.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 04-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #127

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Good food for thought there BCD. you are right, neither one is illegal in your state. However, doing something that upsets reasonable members of the populus is DTP, even if what you are doing is legal. An example:

You are asleep and you are awoken at 3;30 am by a preacher guiding his flock on the sidewalk in front of your house. He has a right to do so under the 1A, but you also have a right to sleep peacefully during the night. You call the cops, he gets ticketed, for doing something within his rights, and gets sent packing.

As a CCW, if I saw someone walking through a mall, carrying an uncased long gun, In all likelyhood, I would draw and cover, and have someone call 911. Would I be justified in doing my actions? In my state NO, but i wouldn't be the only one up on brandishment charges. In NY, you can get charged with that if you shirt slips or you print. Why do you think my location is what it is? The main reason I reffered to those guys as azzhats, is because I have to wonder how many CCWs almost drew down on them. Nothing more, nothing less. Rifles slung like that in today's social climate, in a state that allows open and CC is not smart even if it is legal IMHO.

BCD, I mean no disrespect, and am not trying to pizz you off. just trying to help you see where I am coming from.
I fully understand where you are coming from, you seem to believe it is acceptable to draw your weapon on a person who is doing nothing wrong and call the police on them due to the "social climate". If that is the case then maybe we should just abolish the constitution all together due to the current pu$$ified social situation. That makes no sense at all. If you took cover and drew a pistol on someone in my state because they were walking around with a slung rifle you would be the one in serious trouble, actually getting in trouble with the police would be the least of your concerns as that law abiding citizen who was legally carrying and doing nothing wrong may get the wrong idea from your actions and decide you are attacking him and kill you, in which case he would be fully justified since you drew a gun ad pointed it at him for no reason at all.

Either carrying that gun is legal or it isn't, if it is legal nobody has any right to arrest them for anything.

Your preacher scenario is flawed and not really comparable to open carry. What the preacher is doing on one hand is legal under the constitution to preach his word at whatever time of day he likes, however doing it in the way you describe violates other laws such as noise ordinances and nuisance laws of most every county or municipality. If open carry is legal then open carry is legal, in WI no local ordinance can supersede any state gun law, therefore open carry in WI is legal no matter what, of course the store owner or whoever can ask you to leave or hang up a no weapons allowed sign, but as far as the law is concerned I can legally walk around anywhere I like with my rifle in the open, with the exception of your standard places, courthouse, fed buildings, schools, etc.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Last edited by blucoondawg; 04-27-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #128
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7727 Times on 4460 Posts
Likes Given: 9960

What I am seeing here is a situation that is being increasingly clouded by the escalating number of laws being passed. The authorities use this situation to their advantage in controlling the populace.

Back in 1789 it was pretty simple. Since then thousands, if not millions of laws have been passed which have split the Amendments like so many hairs, and what we are left with are so many confusing, conflicting and convoluted laws that it is impossible to comply with them. Indeed, it is impossible to understand their true meanings even when they are put under the legal electron microscope of the Supreme Court! Hell, for that matter we can't even get a strong decision as to what the Constitution itself says in many cases! And when a case like the recent Defense of Marriage Act went before the SCOTUS they obfuscated their decision so as to leave it without any real meaning. WTF? And they call this leadership?

Here we find ourselves discussing, or even arguing, our rights in individual states regarding the Second amendment. Why is this? We are all in support of it, aren't we? Why are we arguing the semantics of the laws in Utah? Shouldn't this sort of thing be clear to all of us, let alone to law enforcement?

It should. But its not. And that is what the authorities are after, because it leaves them in the driver's seat when the rubber meets the road.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #129

Liked 1084 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I am not going to get into another arguement over this issue but I am going to say open carrying where it is completely legal to open carry IS NOT disturbing the peace and IS NOT illegal in anyway. That is not to say that doing certain things to make a scene is a smart thing to do, but it is definitely not illegal.
Coondawg, what you seem to miss, is that with rights come responsibilities. It is irresponsible to carry an AR-15 into a mall. An action like that is meant to scare people and show what a big, tough, man you are. These guys were probably trying to make up for being very small in some other area.

They sowed the wind and reaped the whirlwind. I hope they are proud of themselves.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 04-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #130

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Coondawg, what you seem to miss, is that with rights come responsibilities. It is irresponsible to carry an AR-15 into a mall. An action like that is meant to scare people and show what a big, tough, man you are. These guys were probably trying to make up for being very small in some other area.

They sowed the wind and reaped the whirlwind. I hope they are proud of themselves.
Oh geez... here we go... now because you wanna carry your AR-15 openly you are "probably trying to make up for being very small in some other area"...... So guys, those of us who like to carry our AR-15's must have small packages!! Well, that is ok cuz I KNOW those of us who do HAVE HUGE FREAKIN BALLS CUZ MOST OF US STOOD UP FOR OUR COUNTRY AND FOUGHT FOR IT UNLIKE THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION! LMAO, sorry just absolutely had to throw this out there since someone brought it up...... I LOVE being such a smartass!!! No offense to you Chainfire, I just love to do this whenever someone brings something like this up, to include when people say guys with lifted 4x4's also are trying to make up for "other things"....