Utah new gun law! - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Utah new gun law!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
These states do not require back ground checks or license to carry.
Maybe your paperwork is obsolete, but as a gun buyer in Utah, I must attest to the 4 pages of background check paperwork I need to complete on every gun purchase clearly checks my background. Every stinkin' time! So yes, Utah does require a background check. Every damned time I buy a cool old gun!
It only takes a few minutes normally, and no, I don't recall seeing a special addendum for mental illness in 2012 (haven't bought a gun since Aug '12), but wouldn't be surprised to see it in 2013 at some point. I do think mental illness should be a major consideration in the right to own a gun.

How about some actual facts prior to posting from here on forward?? The knee-deep opinionated BS is getting rather thick...

Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #112

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
PM sent with proof. Awaiting your apology.
I apologize, it was late last night & I was being a jerk.

Last edited by Charger Fan; 04-09-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #113

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

I don't need to redeem myself to anyone. Especially the state. I'm only going because they'll kidnap me if I don't.

You can't just go around calling people liars and then cop out when they give you the means to do the research yourself and expect to maintain credibility my friend. Have a nice day.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Last edited by tCan; 04-09-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #114

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Fan
Maybe your paperwork is obsolete, but as a gun buyer in Utah, I must attest to the 4 pages of background check paperwork I need to complete on every gun purchase clearly checks my background. Every stinkin' time! So yes, Utah does require a background check. Every damned time I buy a cool old gun!
It only takes a few minutes normally, and no, I don't recall seeing a special addendum for mental illness in 2012 (haven't bought a gun since Aug '12), but wouldn't be surprised to see it in 2013 at some point. I do think mental illness should be a major consideration in the right to own a gun.

How about some actual facts prior to posting from here on forward?? The knee-deep opinionated BS is getting rather thick...
I totally agree, I'm almost positive that the majority of people on this thread don't live in Utah, and most of them are ill-informed about our laws.

P.S. I live in Tooele, Utah,

Old 04-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #115

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Maybe they don't live in Utah but the state gives out thousands of CCW Permits to people that have the price of a Big Mac. Those pages of forums you fill out go into a drawer and remain there until they are destroyed. There are no checks made on these forums.
What is your agenda? It sounds very much like a "Troll".

Old 04-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #116

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class-3-Aholic View Post
I totally agree, I'm almost positive that the majority of people on this thread don't live in Utah, and most of them are ill-informed about our laws.

You need to hit the edit button and just say- and most of them are just ill-informed about everything.

And then you will be called a "troll" if you don't agree with whatever and hit the "like this post" button with no regard for the truth.

Last edited by Flat Tire; 04-09-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #117

Liked 143 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I live in Utah and I believe that all criminal activity is non-existent here because law makers have created "laws" that everyone abides by. Doesn't a CCP cost around fity dollah?

For some strange reason, some of you think that laws stop criminals.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #118

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I don't live in Utah (obviously) and I am not trying to troll or fan a fire here, but I kinda do have a problem with how any state or our Government wants to include mental health background checks into our rights to buy guns or get a CCW. Don't get my wrong I think it is a good idea to a point and then there are other reasons why I think it could be bad. Depending on your mental health record if you are deemed violent and uncontrollable with your emotions, etc. I think it would be good to prevent someone from buying a gun or being able to carry, but I am worried that some individuals such as myself who have been diagnosed with PTSD, or severe PTSD in my case would be caught up in this and then not allowed to own or carry, when I have proven I am not mentally unstable or a danger, I would NEVER go shoot a bunch of innocent people for no reason and as a matter of fact even with being diagnosed with severe PTSD I had to go thru a little more in depth screening but I still passed and was cleared to get a security clearance and work as a federal police officer. I just worry that depending on how in depth they wanna play into mental health records for these background checks that it could hurt many Veteran's or LEO's who have been thru traumatic events from owning or carrying. Thoughts?

Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #119

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class-3-Aholic View Post

Now, Cinder is from Utah and was telling me about some of the Towns with funny names. How the hell do you pronounce that? Looks like "tool" to me.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #120

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Now, Cinder is from Utah and was telling me about some of the Towns with funny names. How the hell do you pronounce that? Looks like "tool" to me.
It's pronounced Too-will-ah. I believe it's a Native American name.