Utah new gun law! - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Utah new gun law!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

tCan, Bad news on the Bill. The Constitutional Carry Bill passed the Utah Legislature no problem. The Bill however was vetoed by a Republican Gov.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #92

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
tCan, Bad news on the Bill. The Constitutional Carry Bill passed the Utah Legislature no problem. The Bill however was vetoed by a Republican Gov.
Sorry, I'm still not 100% clear on what happened. This thread was about "A Bill has been rammed into the state house making open carry illegal if some one complains." What happened with that?

It sounds like you've said a constitutional carry bill passed the legislature (good!) but got vetoed by the governor .

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #93
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3312 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post

Sorry, I'm still not 100% clear on what happened. This thread was about "A Bill has been rammed into the state house making open carry illegal if some one complains." What happened with that?

It sounds like you've said a constitutional carry bill passed the legislature (good!) but got vetoed by the governor .
That's what happened.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:50 AM   #94

Cinderocka, Too bad. I do not live in Utah but have friends who do. I was really surprised a Republican Gov. would veto the Pro Gun Bill. The Utah Gun owners will demand some ones blood in the next election.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #95

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Coming in late & admittedly only reading the highlights of this thread, I believe this thread has possibly morphed into two Utah bills representing two different issues. I can only find one bill that may be regarding the Newgate (correct spelling) Mall guy, here....
http://le.utah.gov/~2013/bills/hbillint/hb0268.htm
I haven't followed it & don't know where it ended.

However, the bill that did have many people's undies in a knot was HB76.
http://le.utah.gov/~2013/bills/hbillint/hb0076.htm
The news of that day...
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=757&sid=24500945
This bill stated that constitutionally, citizens should be allowed to carry whatever they want, concealed or not. The Governor shot it down, and after much deliberation with the voices on each of my shoulders, I think he was right. I also think that the proponents of this bill were probably assuming that he would veto it, because it was so obviously ridiculous.

I believe the only reason it got as much speed as it did was merely for the political capital it could achieve in the next election. You see, "since I was in favor of this bill, I am FOR the gun owners of Utah" (imaginary soap box inserted here).
I haven't heard more on this since the veto, and I bet I probably won't. Hence, my guess is that this whole thing was merely political posturing & damn if I'm gonna vote for any one of these fools next election season! Political posturing disgusts me to the core.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:00 AM   #96
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3312 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Cinderocka, Too bad. I do not live in Utah but have friends who do. I was really surprised a Republican Gov. would veto the Pro Gun Bill. The Utah Gun owners will demand some ones blood in the next election.
I moved, I live in your state now I think, I seem to recall you saying you lived in Wyoming. I'm probably not ever moving back to Utah.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #97

Liked 161 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I moved, I live in your state now I think, I seem to recall you saying you lived in Wyoming. I'm probably not ever moving back to Utah.
<<<<<<Is that why you moved?

Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 AM   #98

The Bill is not likely to be reintroduced this year. Yes the Genesis of this Bill was linked to an arrest concerning a covered rifle. It resulted in a call for constitutional carry. I am sure Utah gun owners will try again.
Cinderocka, All the Pretty Girls come from Utah. Wyoming is lucky to get one. I hope you enjoy your life in the "Cowboy" state.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:28 AM   #99

Cinderocka don't be fooled by NotMorman he is not in Utah. He is in Wyoming as well. He spends most of his time dragging Big trout out of the Green River.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #100

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Sounds like you need to update your Happy Valley location, then.
To what..."feel that wind?" ... or maybe "a Wyoming windsock always has a chain & weight at the end". LOL I have ridden my bike across certain areas of Wyoming during the summer & let me tell you, 80+ MPH at something nearing 45º angle for 20 miles is...well...adding up to severe tire wear on one half of my tires! LOL