Utah new gun law!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Utah new gun law!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default Utah new gun law!

Last week 2 men made news in Utah an open carry state. These gun owners walked thru the New Gate Mall in Ogden, Utah with AR-15 rifles. This has caused a push back from many citizens.
A Bill has been rammed into the state house making open carry illegal if some one complains. It appears that it will pass and be signed into law.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #2

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Last week 2 men made news in Utah an open carry state. These gun owners walked thru the New Gate Mall in Ogden, Utah with AR-15 rifles. This has caused a push back from many citizens.
A Bill has been rammed into the state house making open carry illegal if some one complains. It appears that it will pass and be signed into law.
Gat damn people just cant leave well enough alone an have to act like a dip **** in times like this.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Hate to say it, but I told you so. Got a lot of guff for saying it too.

Anyone want to apologize?

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/dont-do-81856/

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 962 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Disturbing the peace is already against the law. He was guilty of disturbing the peace.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Hey Nightstalker, can you please provide a link to a story on this? I Googled it and nothing came up.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #6

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Hate to say it, but I told you so. Got a lot of guff for saying it too.

Anyone want to apologize?

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/dont-do-81856/
I didnt give u any guff over it tho, stupid is just that, why the hell people think they have to test the ice when they ready know its to damn thin. Yep stupid should hurt

Old 01-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #7

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Disturbing the peace is already against the law. He was guilty of disturbing the peace.
I am not going to get into another arguement over this issue but I am going to say open carrying where it is completely legal to open carry IS NOT disturbing the peace and IS NOT illegal in anyway. That is not to say that doing certain things to make a scene is a smart thing to do, but it is definitely not illegal.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

People Like This 
Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #8

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Hey Nightstalker, can you please provide a link to a story on this? I Googled it and nothing came up.
You did say that. I remember seeing it and told my gf "watch theyll turn this one around". It was like a movie with a predictable plot

Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 AM   #9

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

OOOOHHHHH...Freedom is so..... scary.

We should ban Klan rallies, Black Panther Marches, and anything else that disturbs our delicate sensibilities.

Oh protect me, o state! The world is so frightening.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #10

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

And it's Utah, we'll see where the law goes. They can introduce any law they want.

In fact, I'm writing my rep to introduce a bill entitled "The absolute best bill for impoverished African American youth, gang prevention, funding for medicine for the poor, elderly and womens domestic abuse shelters, and feeding of neglected animals welfare bill."

The bill will be 10 pages of legalese, with provisions for $10 USD for the aformentioned programs, but will also include numerous pro-gun laws inside it.

I fully intend for this bill to be shut down by the house democrats, but I will forever point out that the democrats rejected the "The absolute best bill for impoverished African American youth, gang prevention, funding for medicine for the poor, elderly and womens domestic abuse shelters, and feeding of neglected animals welfare bill."

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This