Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Utah new gun law! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/utah-new-gun-law-82206/)

nitestalker 01-23-2013 05:46 AM

Utah new gun law!
 
Last week 2 men made news in Utah an open carry state. These gun owners walked thru the New Gate Mall in Ogden, Utah with AR-15 rifles. This has caused a push back from many citizens.
A Bill has been rammed into the state house making open carry illegal if some one complains. It appears that it will pass and be signed into law.:(

Muliemaster 01-23-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1106512)
Last week 2 men made news in Utah an open carry state. These gun owners walked thru the New Gate Mall in Ogden, Utah with AR-15 rifles. This has caused a push back from many citizens.
A Bill has been rammed into the state house making open carry illegal if some one complains. It appears that it will pass and be signed into law.:(

Gat damn people just cant leave well enough alone an have to act like a dip **** in times like this.

Vikingdad 01-23-2013 05:58 AM

Hate to say it, but I told you so. Got a lot of guff for saying it too.

Anyone want to apologize?

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/dont-do-81856/

AR10 01-23-2013 05:59 AM

Disturbing the peace is already against the law. He was guilty of disturbing the peace.

Vikingdad 01-23-2013 06:02 AM

Hey Nightstalker, can you please provide a link to a story on this? I Googled it and nothing came up.

Muliemaster 01-23-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad (Post 1106521)
Hate to say it, but I told you so. Got a lot of guff for saying it too.

Anyone want to apologize?

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/dont-do-81856/

I didnt give u any guff over it tho, stupid is just that, why the hell people think they have to test the ice when they ready know its to damn thin. Yep stupid should hurt

blucoondawg 01-23-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10 (Post 1106522)
Disturbing the peace is already against the law. He was guilty of disturbing the peace.

I am not going to get into another arguement over this issue but I am going to say open carrying where it is completely legal to open carry IS NOT disturbing the peace and IS NOT illegal in anyway. That is not to say that doing certain things to make a scene is a smart thing to do, but it is definitely not illegal.

Ultimate_sig 01-23-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad (Post 1106524)
Hey Nightstalker, can you please provide a link to a story on this? I Googled it and nothing came up.

You did say that. I remember seeing it and told my gf "watch theyll turn this one around". It was like a movie with a predictable plot

Mosin 01-23-2013 06:49 AM

OOOOHHHHH...Freedom is so..... scary.

We should ban Klan rallies, Black Panther Marches, and anything else that disturbs our delicate sensibilities.

Oh protect me, o state! The world is so frightening.

Mosin 01-23-2013 06:58 AM

And it's Utah, we'll see where the law goes. They can introduce any law they want.

In fact, I'm writing my rep to introduce a bill entitled "The absolute best bill for impoverished African American youth, gang prevention, funding for medicine for the poor, elderly and womens domestic abuse shelters, and feeding of neglected animals welfare bill."

The bill will be 10 pages of legalese, with provisions for $10 USD for the aformentioned programs, but will also include numerous pro-gun laws inside it.

I fully intend for this bill to be shut down by the house democrats, but I will forever point out that the democrats rejected the "The absolute best bill for impoverished African American youth, gang prevention, funding for medicine for the poor, elderly and womens domestic abuse shelters, and feeding of neglected animals welfare bill."


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.