US Army Buying Russian Ammo and Arms - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > US Army Buying Russian Ammo and Arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6607 Times on 3681 Posts
Likes Given: 6264

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Yes, money is going to change hands either way. The buyers may as well put money into our hands. On that note, I think we should invest more in steel cartridge technology so we can arm those that Russia would and figure out how to do it in a cost-effective manner to remain competitive.

That treaty is already DOA, anyway. Russia and China will never agree to it and neither should we.

I think it's high time the Europeans or Asians started shooting at each other again. I'm sure the CIA can help out. It's their area of expertise. It shouldn't be that difficult to start something with someone. Sometimes you need a "just because" war, ya know.

I would love to see that even if it was just a way to provide low cost, high quality to American shooters.

I wish I could buy Rem, Win, Fed steel case in bulk packs of 500 or 1000 for half the cost of brass case.

Hornady is making steel case, but it's high dollar "Match Grade." Maybe they'll eventually make "service" grade.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #22

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
I would take it with a grain of salt.
Ditto. Believe half of what you see, and less of what you read.

Steve

Old 08-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 293

It's just our POS POTUS and his cronies doing an end run to accomplish his anti-gun wet dreams. Can't get rid of guns, get rid of the bullets. This guy has done more things that should get him impeached, than Slick Willy did to Monica's dress. Our law makers are gutless, and seem unable to do anything. What is the answer? Where are they getting the money to buy this stuff, I thought the country was broke, and the deficit was enormous. They can't balance the books, but let's give a couple of fighter-jets to countries in the Middle East, and give these arms and ammunition away. Sounds good that they want to give arms of the same type to countries we like, who use them, but I have to wonder that it still accomplishes a goal to remove this ammo from availability to civilian shooters, and will certainly run the price up on what is available.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Last edited by HM2Grunt; 08-03-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #24
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1369 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

The U.S. Army is acquiring Russian arms and ammo to give the the Syrian Rebels, just like they were doing with Russian cargo helicopters until that was stopped. The largest export from Russia besides Vodka is arms and ammo. Which is sad to say because it is easier to get Russian arms and ammo here than it is to get American arms and ammo.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
locutus Likes This 
Old 08-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6607 Times on 3681 Posts
Likes Given: 6264

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
The U.S. Army is acquiring Russian arms and ammo to give the the Syrian Rebels, just like they were doing with Russian cargo helicopters until that was stopped. The largest export from Russia besides Vodka is arms and ammo. Which is sad to say because it is easier to get Russian arms and ammo here than it is to get American arms and ammo.
That is spot on guys. We buy it From Ivan simply because Ivan has it rteadily available.

Sorry, no deep dark conspiracy here and Alex Jones is still a despicable rabble-rousing POS, and a two bit charlatan.

Wouldn't it be great if we could still buy Norinco ammo and small arms from China??? Top quality for the lowest prices in the world!

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Last edited by locutus; 08-06-2013 at 03:37 PM.
TDS92A Likes This 
Old 08-07-2013, 04:32 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1230 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
That is spot on guys. We buy it From Ivan simply because Ivan has it rteadily available.

Sorry, no deep dark conspiracy here and Alex Jones is still a despicable rabble-rousing POS, and a two bit charlatan.

Wouldn't it be great if we could still buy Norinco ammo and small arms from China??? Top quality for the lowest prices in the world!
I miss the days when I could get a brand new NORINCO AK-47 for less than $350.

Mags and ammo were dirt cheap and all over the place.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #27

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I still have two 20rd boxes of brass cased, boxer primed 223 Norinco ammunition. Its sitting on my reloading bench on display because I don't think we will see it again. Kinda sad really when Wal-Mart is full of crap from china but we can no longer buy their ammo. Our government is getting more F'd up by the day.