US Army Buying Russian Ammo and Arms - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > US Army Buying Russian Ammo and Arms

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shootnscoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Washington...the state, not the District of Columbia
Posts: 73
Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
We have been buying Russian arms and ammo for 50-60 years. We arm "frindlies" with them to keep our involvement quiet. We've smuggled shiploads of them into South America, Africa and other hot spots..

And the Russians and Chinese buy American arms and ammo on the same black markets for the same reason. It's just the way the game is played.
The worlds biggest arms dealing countries are the U.S., China, Russia, the U.K. and France. They are also the five permanent members of the UN security council.
__________________
Shootnscoot is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chainfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,694
Liked 1562 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootnscoot View Post
The worlds biggest arms dealing countries are the U.S., China, Russia, the U.K. and France. They are also the five permanent members of the UN security council.
And that is exactly why American gun and ammo makers, and their mouthpiece, the NRA, are keeping people so stirred up about the gun trade treaty. It would cut into their profits.
__________________

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Chainfire is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,675
Liked 5999 Times on 3398 Posts
Likes Given: 5611

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootnscoot View Post
The worlds biggest arms dealing countries are the U.S., China, Russia, the U.K. and France. They are also the five permanent members of the UN security council.
Thank God for that! Someone is going to make money selling arms to third world savages. It might as well be us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
And that is exactly why American gun and ammo makers, and their mouthpiece, the NRA, are keeping people so stirred up about the gun trade treaty. It would cut into their profits.
Yep. They would lose billions for no reason. The savages would still get the arms on the black market.

Been an NRA Life member since 1957. If I win the lottery, they get a one million ($1,000,000) donation from me.

That treaty has got to be stopped at any cost.
__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

I have been an NRA member for 50 years. We were the hated enemy of the far left in the 1960s. I am glad to see they still hate us.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
6
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,675
Liked 5999 Times on 3398 Posts
Likes Given: 5611

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I have been an NRA member for 50 years. We were the hated enemy of the far left in the 1960s. I am glad to see they still hate us.
I consider it a badge of honor to be truly hated by radical anti-Americans, whether they are the socialist extreme left or the fringe right neo Nazis..
__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:18 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
No this is all true. Obama and Holder found out the military was using assault weapons with high cap magazines. Obama is banning any rifle that holds more than 10 rounds.
The Russians and Chinese told Obama that he could arm the U.S. Military with their rifles. Obama is buying up all the Mosin-Nagants.
Since the government overpays for a lot of stuff could I get them to buy my mosin for a thousand?
__________________

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Garadex is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:11 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Obama would most likely want to trade. Obama has hundreds of those government toilets they paid a $1,000 dollars for. Dealing with Obama you are going to get Sh&t on any way.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:18 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,675
Liked 5999 Times on 3398 Posts
Likes Given: 5611

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
No this is all true. Obama and Holder found out the military was using assault weapons with high cap magazines. Obama is banning any rifle that holds more than 10 rounds.
The Russians and Chinese told Obama that he could arm the U.S. Military with their rifles. Obama is buying up all the Mosin-Nagants.
OTOH, in 1921, and aghain in 1946 there were a helluva lot of widows and orphans in Germany because of the old Mosin 91!
__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #19
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TDS92A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Posts: 1,977
Liked 1365 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3441

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
Since the government overpays for a lot of stuff could I get them to buy my mosin for a thousand?
Those SFB's do not have access to enough money to even think about buying my Mosins. I respect my Mosins too much to let them be bought by a bunch of knee-pad wearing boneheads.
__________________
The difficult I do immediately, the impossible takes me a few minutes longer.
NRA, U.S. Army (Ret), AGA, F&AM
A Person has to stand for something, or they will fall for anything.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
TDS92A is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,776
Liked 1176 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 502

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Thank God for that! Someone is going to make money selling arms to third world savages. It might as well be us!



Yep. They would lose billions for no reason. The savages would still get the arms on the black market.

Been an NRA Life member since 1957. If I win the lottery, they get a one million ($1,000,000) donation from me.

That treaty has got to be stopped at any cost.
Yes, money is going to change hands either way. The buyers may as well put money into our hands. On that note, I think we should invest more in steel cartridge technology so we can arm those that Russia would and figure out how to do it in a cost-effective manner to remain competitive.

That treaty is already DOA, anyway. Russia and China will never agree to it and neither should we.

I think it's high time the Europeans or Asians started shooting at each other again. I'm sure the CIA can help out. It's their area of expertise. It shouldn't be that difficult to start something with someone. Sometimes you need a "just because" war, ya know.
__________________
kbd512 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Russian Ammo Depot Goes Up In Flames PanBaccha The Club House 3 06-19-2013 11:16 PM
Russian WPA ammo stonesaver Glock Forum 0 03-18-2013 06:45 PM
russian or us ammo? Jamesmp547 General Handgun Discussion 10 02-26-2013 12:13 PM
Testing Various .223 Russian Ammo in my POF P-415 ARnoob AR-15 Discussion 15 11-27-2011 09:42 PM
Buying a Century Arms Ak 74 cghamm117 AK & SKS Discussion 2 10-23-2011 08:26 PM