Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Legal and Activism (
-   -   US Army Buying Russian Ammo and Arms (

Threetango 07-27-2013 07:59 PM

US Army Buying Russian Ammo and Arms
Thoughts on why ?

Argyle_Armoring 07-27-2013 08:09 PM

Because our own Army can't get AR-15's and ammo from our own manufacturers.

txpossum 07-27-2013 09:04 PM

Perhaps this is the reason why:

Gizord1 07-27-2013 10:28 PM

I would take it with a grain of salt.
There was also a recent rumor of the government hiring russian security forces, but it was false.
I also have heard people say that there are 20,000 russian troops and vehicles on the MS coast, but that's false. I know, cause I live there X3

What it was, during the Cold War, a local scrap yard bought some old soviet vehicles for scrap. Many peeps thought the ruskies were invadin, and even Timothy mcveigh came to investigate, when he was on his paranoid streak. They were eventually sold for scrap.

We don't live in the Cold War, peeps. Russia isn't after us, we ain't after them.

Chainfire 07-28-2013 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by txpossum (Post 1317335)

Dang it possum, you shot that in the foot before it could take off. I would rather think it was another evil Obama program, because he hates freedom. :)

towboater 07-28-2013 02:02 AM

Acturally he hates capitolism. and freedom. ;)

locutus 07-28-2013 03:49 AM

We have been buying Russian arms and ammo for 50-60 years. We arm "frindlies" with them to keep our involvement quiet. We've smuggled shiploads of them into South America, Africa and other hot spots..

And the Russians and Chinese buy American arms and ammo on the same black markets for the same reason. It's just the way the game is played.

And BTW, anything that comes from Alex Jones/ is usually total and utter bullsh!t. He's a charlatan that makes a pile of money playing to the fears of the conspiracy theorists.

robocop10mm 07-28-2013 04:55 AM

Well DUH!!!! We arm people in third world arm pits. We supply them with ammo for the guns they have available and they are familiar with. Nothing new here. The only thing new is the fact that we can now find the information because such transactions are posted on the internet.

And yes, Alex Jones IS an idiot.

kbd512 07-28-2013 05:09 AM

Anyone who can't afford a Colt AR-15 gets an AK-47 from whichever manufacturer that can and will supply them.

How is this news?

nitestalker 07-28-2013 05:15 AM

No this is all true. Obama and Holder found out the military was using assault weapons with high cap magazines. Obama is banning any rifle that holds more than 10 rounds.
The Russians and Chinese told Obama that he could arm the U.S. Military with their rifles. Obama is buying up all the Mosin-Nagants.:D