Update to project gunwalker - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Update to project gunwalker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The MSM keeps placing the blame the gun store's here in Phoenix (and I assume elsewhere). Which I think is the real crime. These owners know BATF and can't defend themselves, because of retaliation. This really needs to be investigated.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:21 AM   #12
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1958 Times on 1139 Posts
Likes Given: 4138

Default CCRKBA Lauds Holder Decision To ‘Follow Our Suggestion’ & Investigate the ATF

This is getting interesting day-by-day!

CCRKBA Lauds Holder Decision To ‘Follow Our Suggestion’ & Investigate the ATF

AmmoLand Shooting Sports News

BELLEVUE, WA – -(Ammoland.com)- The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today that Attorney General Eric Holder’s call for the Justice Department’s inspector general to examine the “Project Gunrunner” scandal is “exactly what we called on him to do more than a week ago.”

Holder announced last Thursday night – following a second expose by CBS News on the a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives operation in Phoenix dubbed “Fast and Furious” that is part of the agency’s broader “Project Gunrunner” effort – that he was asking the Inspector General to look into allegations that the operation deliberately allowed hundreds of guns to be transported to Mexico.

That decision was followed by a second announcement by ATF Acting Director Kenneth Melson that he will assemble a panel of law enforcement professionals to review the agency’s strategies.

“Evidently,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, “Mr. Holder acted on our advice. This scandal screams for an investigation, and Sen. Charles Grassley should not be out there on his own probing this scandal.”

CCRKBA issued a statement on Feb. 24 that called on Holder to either investigate the Gunrunner controversy or step down. CCRKBA also urged its members to contact their senators and congressional representatives, demanding oversight hearings on the ATF’s handling of this operation.

“Guns allowed into the illicit pipeline by the ‘Fast and Furious’ operation were involved in the death of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry and countless other crimes in Mexico and the United States,” Gottlieb added. “Reports by CBS, the Los Angeles Times and other news agencies point to an operation that got out of control in a hurry. The people responsible for this mess should be fired.

“Because of the CBS revelations last night,” he said, “we are renewing our call for American gun owners to contact Capitol Hill and ask why the appropriate House and Senate committees are not already investigating this debacle.”

Call the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:55 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The only thing that motivates Holder and this bunch is unrelenting pressure, similar to that of his balls in a vice, yeah, that'll work.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #14

Just watched a follow-up on this tonite. ATF has a real problem now that this scam has been traced back to 2007. The honcho's released a memo asking for more positive press stories as they figure "Gunwalker" only has a 2 week lifespan in the news. Looks like it made it that and more. Go CBS.

Mac
USAF Lifer
NRA Lifer

Old 03-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #15

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Now FoxNews is getting into the act.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4576472/atf-gunrunning-scandal/

Old 03-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #16

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

There's this text version of the story:

Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS Evening News - CBS News

Old 03-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #17
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1958 Times on 1139 Posts
Likes Given: 4138

Default Obama Denies Knowledge of Controversial Fed Operation Smuggling Guns Into Mexico

Dated today, alot of embedded videos!

Obama Denies Knowledge of Controversial Fed Operation Smuggling Guns Into Mexico | The Blaze

Old 03-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #18
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Wayne LaPierre spoke w/ Beck yesterday and brought Gunwalker up. He got some facts muddled, but Beck was very interested.

Rumor (which I can't comment on) has it that at least one of the people who helped break the story has been contacted by Beck's staff to get the straight scoop - documentation, timelines and facts. Hopefully Beck will run with this.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

IMO, the more attention this fiasco gets, the better. Obviously the only reason Holder stepped up to pretend to be concerned is because of the publicity. Didn't Nixon profess to have no knowledge of Watergate when it first was brought to light?!

I think the BATFE really needs to get their priorities straight, instead of harassing the law-abiding citizen gun owner/buyer, should they not be working to get the guns out of the hands of CRIMINALS!!! Instead they harass FFL dealers for clerical errors and such, I guess it is safer and easier to create criminals instead of going after actual criminals!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #20

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Now a 2nd agent is coming forward - ATF gunwalking scandal: Second agent speaks out - CBS Evening News - CBS News

Yep, I'm betting some folks in DC are wishing this would go away

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD