Universal Background Checks... What do they accomplish? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Universal Background Checks... What do they accomplish?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Since the entire notion of Gun Control rests upon the false notion that Law Makers are smarter than Criminals... I'm going have to roll my eyes and stick with my current position of...

NO COMPROMISE.

Tack
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Right behind ya, Tack.
Me too.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6610 Times on 3683 Posts
Likes Given: 6272

Quote:
Since the entire notion of Gun Control rests upon the false notion that Law Makers are smarter than Criminals... I'm going have to roll my eyes and stick with my current position of...

NO COMPROMISE.

Tack

And that attitude is responsible for almost every major war in history. Politics is the art of compromise. Without compromise, every single emotional issue becomes a catalyst for armed conflict. You won't give up something for me unless I'm willing to give up something for you.
hawkguy Likes This 
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #73
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
And that attitude is responsible for almost every major war in history. Politics is the art of compromise. Without compromise, every single emotional issue becomes a catalyst for armed conflict. You won't give up something for me unless I'm willing to give up something for you.
RIGHTS ARE NOT COMPROMISABLE, WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU GET?

If keeping our rights means war, then let there be war. THIS IS WHY WE HAD THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Not every situation is a Lose:Lose situation. In this case, VOLUNTARY participation in NICS background checks could be accomplished by providing access to them at every gun show to EVERY seller, not just FFL's. VOLUNTARY screening for stolen firearms could be accomplished the same way. Eventually, it would become like a CARFAX vehicle history and would probably become acceptable to many individual buyers & sellers. This would leae the feds with fewer non-NICS outlets to observe to enforce EXISTING straw purchase laws.

Let the FEDS share some information.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

locutus Likes This 
Old 04-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
RIGHTS ARE NOT COMPROMISABLE, WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU GET?

If keeping our rights means war, then let there be war. THIS IS WHY WE HAD THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION.
And can you explain to me exactly what "rights" we lose even if BC passes?? PITA, perhaps. Loss of rights??? Really???

I realize that there are some folks here that actually want armed conflict, but I think most of us are good patriotic Americans that reject that kind of fanaticism.
hawkguy Likes This 
Old 04-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #76

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
We are not talking about an item that can be "compromised"... we are talking about a Civil Liberty, a Constitutional Right...

Those of us who were trained for War know exactly what that prospect holds... and yes, we are willing to go there if pushed.

Tack
Old 04-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #77

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
And can you explain to me exactly what "rights" we lose even if BC passes?? PITA, perhaps. Loss of rights??? Really???

I realize that there are some folks here that actually want armed conflict, but I think most of us are good patriotic Americans that reject that kind of fanaticism.
Contrary to "popular opion" the term "Good and Patriotic" is NOT synonyms with "Lay down... or you might get hurt".

Tack

Old 04-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
okay, fair point... what have they publicly stated they are going to do for us? lower ammo prices? make it easier to carry EVERYWHERE including but not limited to federal buildings? no taxes on fire arm purchases?...

NO, actually i havent heard one thing they said they will compromise on. just simply that they want more gun laws!
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #79

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Hmm... perhaps... but I have a better idea.

The Federal and all 50 State Government declare a Law Enforcement Holiday for a period of 1 week.

Every Cop in the county, State and Federal, takes a 1 week paid Vacation and we announce that ALL crimes committed during the LEH are pro-actively PARDONED.

Provide 60 days of lead time to the public so that everyone who want's a gun can get a gun.

We can then just sit back and watch as honest Americans rise up and wipe out the criminal elements within our midst.

CAN I GET A SECOND?

Tack
I'll second that! I have also thought that if all law abiding citizen gunowners stood shoulder-to-shoulder on the East coast and starting walking West that by the time we reached CA all of our problems would be solved.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Contrary to "popular opion" the term "Good and Patriotic" is NOT synonyms with "Lay down... or you might get hurt".

Tack

Ever been shot at, Tack?? Gives ya a whole different outlook.

AGAIN!
WHAT RIGHTS OR FREEDOMS are we going to lose with background checks????

This is not about repealing the 2A.

Will the BC do any good? Probably not. Will they do any harm?? NO!

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill