You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

United Nations: “Cause” of injury list to exaggerate risks of firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2266 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 4912

Default United Nations: “Cause” of injury list to exaggerate risks of firearms

I wish I can make this crap up; but United Nations is at it again. If they can ban it; then, they will try an outlaw it based on made up stats!

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/23/united-nations-cause-of-injury-list-to-exaggerate-risks-of-firearms/

Get ready for gun control supporters bogusly to start claiming that firearms “cause” more injuries than more than 150,000 other factors. The United Nations’ World Health Organization is increasing its list of injury causes from 17,000 to 155,000, effective October 1, 2014.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2014, 11:58 PM   #2

Liked 2225 Times on 1528 Posts
Likes Given: 820

It's old news. The current list shows 17,000 firearms deaths. When they include suicides, police shootings, deaths in war and so on the number jumps to 155,000.

This is why we as gun owners must stay on the high road when it comes to statistics. All we have going for us is our credibility. If we spread lies because it is convenient those 100 million people who are fence sitters become anti gun.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #3

Liked 316 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
I wish I can make this crap up; but United Nations is at it again. If they can ban it; then, they will try an outlaw it based on made up stats!

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/23/united-nations-cause-of-injury-list-to-exaggerate-risks-of-firearms/

Get ready for gun control supporters bogusly to start claiming that firearms “cause” more injuries than more than 150,000 other factors. The United Nations’ World Health Organization is increasing its list of injury causes from 17,000 to 155,000, effective October 1, 2014.
Oh man, when I read the part about injuries due to “Forced landing of spacecraft injuring occupant, initial encounter” I almost peed myself laughing.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
People Like This 
Old 03-24-2014, 12:17 AM   #4
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2266 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 4912

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
It's old news. The current list shows 17,000 firearms deaths. When they include suicides, police shootings, deaths in war and so on the number jumps to 155,000.

This is why we as gun owners must stay on the high road when it comes to statistics. All we have going for us is our credibility. If we spread lies because it is convenient those 100 million people who are fence sitters become anti gun.
It more stats they what to push, they blame the object and not the individual.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:28 AM   #5

Liked 316 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 66

One of the tenets of Progressivism is the idea that they are control freaks. They want to make people do things or not do things as the whim takes them. It is never about making something better no matter how they whine and cry about it. It is about power, plain and simple. The power to make the other guy do what they want.

No where in recorded history as far as I understand has someone ever told the political masters "You MUST pass a law against "X" or I am afraid I will go and do it!". Never. It is always about making the other guy do something against his will. Since Progressives are fundamentally cowards they have to use the Power of the State to FORCE you to comply rather then going next door and telling the other guy to knock it off.

Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949