Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > UN Small Arms Treaty again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Under a different thread wld probably be best for me. Why not recruit people? Another idea is setting a restriction on how soon someone can join. Say as a member, that way everyone can know how the person stands.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #32

Liked 66 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Ok, we have 5 members. If we are seriously going to start this organization, we need to find a place (either this forum under a different thread, or a website of our own) to conduct meetings at. We also need a LOT more members. Any suggestions?
Before we go recruiting a ton of members, we should have bylaws and directives, as well as a well thought out and organized set of goals.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Under a different thread wld probably be best for me. Why not recruit people? Another idea is setting a restriction on how soon someone can join. Say as a member, that way everyone can know how the person stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Before we go recruiting a ton of members, we should have bylaws and directives, as well as a well thought out and organized set of goals.
Ok, I'll set up a new thread under legal and activism so we can establish our rules, bylaws, and directives. I wonder if the Mods would create a sticky for us?

Old 10-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2050 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 3083

In 1957 the US supreme Court ruled that international treaties cannot over rule the US Constitution. The decision is Reid vs Covert.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

Quote:
There is nothing in this language which intimates that treaties and laws enacted pursuant to them do not have to comply with the provisions of the Constitution. Nor is there anything in the debates which accompanied the drafting and ratification of the Constitution which even suggests such a result. These debates as well as the history that surrounds the adoption of the treaty provision in Article VI make it clear that the reason treaties were not limited to those made in "pursuance" of the Constitution was so that agreements made by the United States under the Articles of Confederation, including the important peace treaties which concluded the Revolutionary [354 U.S. 1, 17] War, would remain in effect. 31 It would be manifestly contrary to the objectives of those who created the Constitution, as well as those who were responsible for the Bill of Rights - let alone alien to our entire constitutional history and tradition - to construe Article VI as permitting the United States to exercise power under an international agreement without observing constitutional prohibitions. 32 In effect, such construction would permit amendment of that document in a manner not sanctioned by Article V. The prohibitions of the Constitution were designed to apply to all branches of the National Government and they cannot be nullified by the Executive or by the Executive and the Senate combined.

There is nothing new or unique about what we say here. This Court has regularly and uniformly recognized the supremacy of the Constitution over a treaty. 33 For example, in Geofroy v. Riggs, 133 U.S. 258, 267 , it declared:

Last edited by alsaqr; 10-25-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #35

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
In 1957 the US supreme Court ruled that international treaties cannot over rule the US Constitution. The decision is Reid vs Covert.
Quote:
Great thought/hope but i think ill just stay on very well prepared low alert just the same.
Indeed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 10-28-2011, 02:56 AM   #36

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
There are over 80 million gun owners in this country. I'm sure a large number of them would fight for their rights too. If they go through with that treaty, there will be a war within America that the anti gun liberals will never be able to win. Even if they have the militarie's support, how will they stand up to 80 million armed men and women?

Everyone, do not give up your rights. If they come for your guns, do not let them have them.

What we need to do is unite every gun owner in America. We need an organization like the NRA only free. We need to start one and get as much support as we can and we need to do it soon.

What would be the best way to kick start a organization like this? What should we name it?

Americans against gun control AGGC
The united gun owners association UGOA
Gun owners for America GOA
The national gun owners association NGOA

Just a few suggestions. Any others?
Name it what you want...I'm all in....

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #37

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Name it what you want...I'm all in....
PM sent, standby

Old 10-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #38

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts