Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > UN Small Arms Treaty again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I just read on forbes that the treaty will most likely call for the confiscation of all semi automatic guns. I say we do something about it.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

How do you propose to do that? When a person cant even voice there opinion to their senators anymore.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #13

Well, I don't know about ya'll, but I believe in fighing for our rights. Wether that be on a stage, or on a battlefield. Maybe that sound a little extreme but remember, the first time we did that, we did it because a foren power was trying to control us. Hopefully, it won't come to that. Hopefully, everyone (citizens, police, military) ignors the treaty all together if it does pass.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #14

Great thought/hope but i think ill just stay on very well prepared low alert just the same.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #15

I will fight for me and mines rights though if pushed. Ill serve our CONSTITUTION as it stands now, not our a$$ kissing self serving politicians, till the day i die. If i die bc of a stupid law then im taken a few-at the very least a few-of the enforcers down that dark road w me. I know alot of "rednecks " just like me around this country that feel that way to.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #16

There are over 80 million gun owners in this country. I'm sure a large number of them would fight for their rights too. If they go through with that treaty, there will be a war within America that the anti gun liberals will never be able to win. Even if they have the militarie's support, how will they stand up to 80 million armed men and women?

Everyone, do not give up your rights. If they come for your guns, do not let them have them.

What we need to do is unite every gun owner in America. We need an organization like the NRA only free. We need to start one and get as much support as we can and we need to do it soon.

What would be the best way to kick start a organization like this? What should we name it?

Americans against gun control AGGC
The united gun owners association UGOA
Gun owners for America GOA
The national gun owners association NGOA

Just a few suggestions. Any others?

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 10-24-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #17

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
One method of altering the Constitution is by treaty. 2A in this case can be abolished by treaty. The Senate is still under control of the Democrats and the Senate ratifies treaties. It does not take the whole Senate. What if ratification is pushed very quietly while everybody is out campaigning and only selected Senators are present? It just takes a quorum. The military will have to follow the law.
I'm just wondering if the Democrat Party would be willing to shoot (pun intended) itself in the foot again, like in 1993 when they passed the Brady bill (which went into effect in 1994). After that, in the Democrat Party lost a s**tload of seats in both the House AND Senate in the 1994 election, losing the majority in both. Have they forgotten this little fact?

Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #18

Likes Given: 5

Thanks for sharing this. Most of my friends are of the OH!! it can never happen here type. Too bad, they will be cought standing flat footed.

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 10-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #19

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Texas... Those are already taken, closely related (in name) to a preexisting, or one (AGGC) is All Girls Gaming Community.
I'm on board though.
How about something like Free American Gunowners... Wait that totally doesn't work.
Gunowners for a Free America?

Old 10-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #20

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1374

Default UN small arms treaty..???

This is from the last "UN" thread so I'm just going to post it again;
"Just a practical question to keep in the back of your mind should this "thing" become a reality; Who are they going to get to enforce it?? MOST of the police and military will be on the gun owner's side (especially in rural America... Not everywhere thinks like Chicago and DC, Mr President!!).... and if they bring the blue-berets of foreign troops in..... Well, let's just say they will have a revolution on their hands and they'll find out exactly how many guns ARE out there then.
Not worried (for now)... Gun owners are one of (if not THE) largest voting and activist blocks in this country (God bless it!!)."

...and after speading the weekend in the woods with my fellow trekkers/reenactors/shooters/hunter buddies, I firmly stand behind this thought!!! .... Stay vigilant, but not paranoid... and whenever possible, try and convert someone to the shooting sports. Try to make more of "us" and less of "them".